LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where Mickey's horse was stabled? Is it anywhere near her ride?

Thank God you get that. I'm getting seasick from people insisting there were 3 trucks and LE only cleared 1.

I don't recall anyone saying anything about three trucks. There were three photos and a couple of hundred pages of trying to determine if they were all the same truck or if two were the same truck. Did you not see waldolo's posts about analyzing the pics with photo editing software? So, just like you were trying to figure out if that was a Caddy or an Olds, there was a lot of conversation about the truck(s).

Hope that helps.

Why not drive straight through the Saint Street areas down Souvenir Gate if she wanted to avoid Congress? Why bike the extra half mile down St. Landry then bike in through darkened barns behind the Coliseum? Why go out of your way to take a scarier, longer path? There has to be a reason she took St. Landry other than that she wanted to catch Congress at the Cajundome because the shortest distance between those two points is directly through the Saint Street area down Souvenir Gate..

That was the path she always took. She probably felt safer on a more "main" road because it was something that was habitual and familiar to her.

Does anyone know where Mickey stables her horse? Is it anywhere near where she was riding?

It's possible that the bike was damaged, but I didn't see anything damaging on that road while driving there over the weekend. I think she would have circled back to Circle K and called for help before accepting a ride (Charlie said she wasn't one to take a ride from a stranger). She was closer to BW's house than her own. By her not being on the next camera, there is a very, very small window of "where" this happened if she didn't turn off of the road. If she did turn off, I'm not sure about the condition of that road, but I know some here have driven it.
I travel MS route often. I would have remembered having to detour if there was recent rotomilling work going on. I do not remember having to detour by foot or car in this area for the entire 2 years I have been here on and off.

I first read that as "where Mickey's horse was STABBED" and almost lost my **** wondering when the hell that happened. Good question though.

Hahahaha! And why wasn't it reported?

My brain's gone to mush.

Oh no...JVM just mentioned human trafficking.

I first read that as "where Mickey's horse was STABBED" and almost lost my **** wondering when the hell that happened. Good question though.
Would she have gone to feed it knowing that she would be attending the graduation/etc.. later that day?
How often does one feed a horse if the stables don't?
Daily?

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.

I brought the bloodhounds and I can't figure out why they haven't covered every inch with dogs. Even after the rain those dogs would smell her.

I agree that on Brashear it would be unlikely that someone would necessarily hear anything.

TES, FBI etc. bring alot of tools with them.

For example even though the current was too strong for the divers TES was still able to use sonar in the water.
I was trying to figure out how the investigation at whiskey bay ended so abruptly. No divers. Now you say sonar scanned the river bed? That would make sense. TES needs to go to these places these nine other girls are missing Right away.

Would she have gone to feed it knowing that she would be attending the graduation/etc.. later that day?
How often does one feed a horse if the stables don't?
Daily?

Most stables close for the night. People not living on the premises aren't allowed in after dark.

I brought the bloodhounds and I can't figure out why they haven't covered every inch with dogs. Even after the rain those dogs would smell her.

I agree that on Brashear it would be unlikely that someone would necessarily hear anything.

They haven't? That's absurd. That could pinpoint where the incident occurred.

How do we know they haven't covered every inch of Mickey's route with dogs? In the live chat today, it was confirmed that the FBI is still assisting the LPD with the case and in other cases we have routinely seen the FBI bring in dogs of various types.

So...I'm not from the area and started following the thread last night. I take it they do not think the body is in the same place that the bike was found. For obvious reasons, a person would dump a body before a bike. So, if someone did something to Mickey, her body must be between the site of the abduction and the site where the bike was dumped. I'm sure the person would need to drive out of town to dump the body. I believe the person lives between Lafayette and Henderson. This is a person who knows the area very well. I think it's someone who either comes off as fatherly/grandfatherly or a younger, relatively handsome man who might gain her trust. Obviously, I'm operating on some presumptions that might prove to be false.

call the tip line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member