LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the question I need answered PLEASE. Was the picture of Mickey that was taken at 1:48AM near the gas station taken BEFORE she crossed over Universal Avenue? Oops, I meant University (I keep getting those two mixed up)

No, it was just after she crossed University. The intersection behind her is University/St. Landry.

Regarding the possibility that Mickey either went or was chased through the back of the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, into the neighborhood north of St. Landry and east of the Cajundome, it also very neatly explains how a few minutes later the truck comes back the other way. They got her in the neighborhood, and then came back out onto St. Landry the other way..

Now, without giving anyone a stroke, for all this time we've been told a truck is seen heading west on St. Landry after Mickey, and then a few minutes later, seen again coming back the way it came.

Are these the same two trucks, or has the ruling-out of one of them eliminated the comeback?

This is CRUCIAL!

Sounds good to me...and it's been my thoughts since there has been no video footage of MS or the truck passing it going west.....and made mention of the white truck in upper corner of tape that was focused on the Olds.

If it was a hit and run, can a biker be killed with the impact sustained by MS bike? To actually kill someone in a hit and run bike accident would seem to take more impact than what MS is said to have sustained. who agrees?

It would also depend on what part of the head hits the ground and how hard it hits. External bleeding is not necessary in the case of a fatal head wound.

Even if it was a hit by a car, the person evidently took her, or someone did, so it IS a kidnapping, IMO...just not for ransom.
Just thinking out loud here.....when was the last ransom kidnapping anyone's heard of? That's a difficult crime to accomplish and I can't think when the last time it was when I heard of one.

If anyone has, oh, 15 minutes, here's a lengthy attempt at a legal definition for the term kidnapping:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

No, it was a valid question asked by gngr-snap.
JMO

I forget not all of us are locals. If the Blackham stables haven't been checked, with the family right there knowing her love of horses and that she may have been riding between them on her bike, the moon is made of green cheese.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem snippy. i just forget that the non-locals are getting a crash-course in Lafayette geography! :seeya:

I'm sorry to belabor the point about the White z71 but I'm still not getting it.

Yes, I agree, there are only two P/U's in question. The one with the obvious bed lid (show driving north on University I believe) has been eliminated but the one going west on St Landry accross from the circle K is still "in play" To me, the mystery is still the cam shot of the white crew cab going east accross from the Circle K.

Some posters, who appear to be more knowledgeable than me on trucks claim that this white P/U is the same one as the one with the bed lid. (I don't see a bed lid but I am not positive it isn't there).

Others have claimed that LPD has definitly said that the white crew cab going east on St Landry is the same as the one with the Bed lid. I have googled all of the media links and could not find any reference to the crew cab going east on st Landry. Also, strangely, None of the media links seem to have that cam photo. The only original source I could find for it was in the "find mickey now" site and it is no longer there. I find it curious that, at the time LPD was activily seeking out the drivers , they would not use both photos since they give very different perspectives. I'm a little suspicious that the LPD has decided not to talk about this cam photo.

If someone would just provid a media link or something that would put the issue to rest so that we can move on.
I do not want to get picky but let me clarify a few things. The truck with the white bed cover that has been ruled out was going EAST on west university rd. University runs east west; st landry/st john run north - south. Just FYI.

If it was a hit and run, can a biker be killed with the impact sustained by MS bike? To actually kill someone in a hit and run bike accident would seem to take more impact than what MS is said to have sustained. who agrees?

I think bikers can and do get killed on impact with vehicles. The problem is that anyone normal (with a conscience and common sense) would not presume to know if someone they hit was dead. They would call 911.

Does anyone know where Mickey stables her horse? Is it anywhere near where she was riding?

Okay, it was this fella that brought up the stables. Sorry charming.

I just think there are reasons to be made aware of the activities which could have contributed to Mickeys going missing. Horses are a part of her life.

Some one else posted the truck could be a red herring.
I respect your posts-please respect others.

JMO

going to the corner:seeya:

Chicken Fried , your poster has been posted all over Facebook! There are a few people on the find mickey page requesting a poster like it for the truck. You are infamous. lol.

Chicken Fried , your poster has been posted all over Facebook! There are a few people on the find mickey page requesting a poster like it for the truck. You are infamous. lol.
Hello and welcome to WS, WEsmom.

IF the rumor were to be true, hypothetically speaking, I wouldn't think someone scrambling to hide the accident would be able to cover everything in a panic. Apparently, her phone was turned off immediately, or it was broken. Seems to me if the rumor is true, he was thinking about the cover up from many angles. JMO.

Wow, the mood in here has certainly changed. I still think we are all here for one purpose to help find Mickey. I think we should all try to remember that.

Precisely why I took some time away. Was starting to feel like a pissing match. "I'm smarter than you and you're all wrong" vibe. Yuck I get enough of that at home with my teenager! :jail: LOL

Okay, it was this fella that brought up the stables. Sorry charming.

I just think there are reasons to be made aware of the activities which could have contributed to Mickeys going missing. Horses are a part of her life.

Some one else posted the truck could be a red herring.
I respect your posts-please respect others.

JMO

going to the corner:seeya:

Fella? Who you calling fella? Just cuz I know my Old's from my Caddy's...

:what:

I keep thinking about the post asking about her horse. She very well may have gone to feed him his hay feeding, figuring it would save time later. I wonder if she had full board or rough board at the stable? Is there a website for the stable, do they even offer rough board?

When feeding horses you hay them first, allow them to eat the hay then dole out their feed. If she felt she was going to be in a rush in the morning, I really could see her doing this....very interesting theory whomever thought of it....IMHO

You missed my comment upthread. as a local, I'm telling you there's no way she did that on a bike a 2:30 a.m.!

I'm a local. That's not city out there toward Duson... Lafayette turns to desolate, dangerous country roads with no shoulder. She would have to be completely blubbering insane to do that long extra ride on insane dangerous roads, at 2:30am, feeling sick, just to feed her horses. Not only is it a long ride, she would be asking to get run into the ditch. No one bikes those roads.

Then I owe it to them to make one.

Precisely why I took some time away. Was starting to feel like a pissing match. "I'm smarter than you and you're all wrong" vibe. Yuck I get enough of that at home with my teenager! :jail: LOL

LMAO. It's nice to have some humor mixed in. I dread when my daughter becomes a teenager. I can handle my boy, but that girl is going to be a handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx