LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question here. Please forgive me if it upsets anyone - If LE did indeed find A body, wouldn't the coroner's office be called? Just wondering. TIA!
Yes, there clearly would be the presence of the coroner there I'm thinking, plus transportation for the body. I would think a reporter would notice those things. No report of any such, though. Thank goodness.

(There would also, I think, be an area sectioned off with a surrounding tarp to block the view, were the worst case scenario to take place.)

Question here. Please forgive me if it upsets anyone - If LE did indeed find A body, wouldn't the coroner's office be called? Just wondering. TIA!

Yes, they have to. The coroner may not be able to take the body right away, but they are called in immediately because that is who usually has to pronounce the person dead.

I miss Rob Perillo like there's no tomorrow. He's the best during hurricane season.

Can't hear a thing, dead silence!

when the player pops up, it lists 3 seperate things, Fire, PD, and something about a hurricane. Click on the one you want and press play...there will be silence, but when something comes across you will hear it. Its working fine for me. Make sure you see the timer counting, because thats how you know its playing

I was thinkin they would call a Websleuths moderator.

That looks like OUR TRUCK. no?

Actually I think it looks a bit like the cab from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" with the floppy tires, but who knows. Its too hard to tell. And CSI super photo enhancement is a myth, so we'll really only ever be able to guess.

FWIW for those of you considering tapatalk... I wouldn't pay $3.00 for it unless you're desperate to keep up with the text portion of posts. Downloaded it today at work and have been getting errors ever since. No pictures, pages won't load and I can't figure out how to quote other's posts. OT sorry.

Where is Mickey? I hope the new search at Whiskey Bay proves fruitful for LE and this family has some answers soon!

200 member and 232 guests on this thread right now.

Come on guys, please join. The more ideas/thoughts the better! You will love it here, I swear!

FWIW for those of you considering tapatalk... I wouldn't pay $3.00 for it unless you're desperate to keep up with the text portion of posts. Downloaded it today at work and have been getting errors ever since. No pictures, pages won't load and I can't figure out how to quote other's posts. OT sorry.
Tap the post you want to quote and a box will pop up. It's probably my most used app and I love it.

200 member and 232 guests on this thread right now.

Come on guys, please join. The more ideas/thoughts the better! You will love it here, I swear!

I think everyone's just waiting to hear something from the live news cast. I know I am.

Well, we were all on the edge of our chairs and they basically just postponed making an annoucement. I'm sure they'll fill us in tomorrow.

Y'all DO know what this means, don't you?!

It spreads the search a lot farther afield along her route.

When everyone thought it was the same truck coming back, it was thought, "OK, they grabbed her and turned around."

The timeline WAS awful tight.

The fact that now the Z71 of interest is NOT seen coming back, means that either it grabbed her between the last shot of her at Circle K and 224 St. Landry, a distance of only 200 yds., and then keot heading west and WAS seen on the 224 St.L camera and LE is sitting on that info,

OR, she turned into the Lafayette Consolidated Government WEST parking lot, either as a planned route, or being pursued, and then that would mean that IF the trucl is involved, it pursued her either/or into the parking lot, OR continued out the back onto Azalea and got her in the neighborhood - -and then took off without coming back the way he came (meaning, without passing by the Circle K station again).

I can't believe, if this truck is involved, that a successful pursuit and capture would have extended very far into that neighborhood. Either they got Mickey soon after she turned off St. Landry, or the truck is likely NOT INVOLVED.

If THAT is the case, then it gets worse.... that means we have a COMPLETELY unexplained disappearance somewhere between her leaving St. Landry and her home, with no vehicle and no suspects.

I think at this point, it's going to be CRITICAL to check every single camera along her route home, using as a premise that she did NOT proceed further west on St. Landry than the camera at 224 St.L, on which she does not appear.

Sad thing... so much time has gone by that they're likely all erased.

Seems to me the case has been moving pretty slowly, and now the tapes they need are likely gone.

P.S. I didn't forget the possibility that she went down Brashear. But - it seems the resident would have heard something, and mainly, why on earth if she is fleeing a pursuing truck, would she cross the road in front of him, asking to get run down? The only other issue would be that she intended to take Brashear. I can see no plausible reason for her to take that street at all. She wasn't going back to Taco Bell to whine about a 99c taco. The choice to take Brashear boils down to exactly this:

It would reflect a decision to take Johnston west, instead of St. Landry west. I do not buy it. It's going a good click south out of the way to get on a busy street with hazardous bike paths and graduation drunks all over the road, just to have to make that distance back up when you go north again.

Unless someone can explain to me a solid reason why she should choose to avoid the remaining stretch of St. Landry, I can't see it. It's better than Johnston.

So, I see two strikes against her using Brashear - poor choice as an escape route from a pursuer, and Johnston being an inferior route.

All in all, either that truck pursued her through the government parking lot and into the neighborhood and got her, or that truck's not involved, and a ghost took her somewhere farther along the line....
I thought the only way for her to catch said bike path to congress is between two barns? How exactly would she get to bike path from behind GOVT parking lot? Also given the circumstances, being I am a local who travels on foot and car more than bikes; should I feel safe at all walking around university and st landry and st john in the future? could there be copy cats?

Coroners in Louisiana are elected officials and do not even have to be a physician or medical examiner, for non locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3