LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting a good vibe about this at all.

Did TES recently have a missing person case that they used their drone and decided to take one last sweep and it was that last drone pass that they found the red item of clothing?

Forget which case it was now.

I'm getting some bad juju from this latest Whiskey Bay search. I pray for the best.

It's hard to believe they would still be there doing a search in the dark....just for a pipe or wallet, imo. They would have someone posted so as not to not disturb until daylight, imo, but....could be wrong.

Thank you for the link but as soon as I read the comment about how they found a body, I closed it. This is exactly how rumors get started. Sad!

I hadn't read the comments before I linked it. I just went searching for their twitter feed and their tweet led to that link. I posted it as soon as I read what KLFY said.

Sad to say, they would not be out there at night, for anything less than a person, IMO. Hoping if she is deceased, she is found right away...can't imagine anything worse than having to go forever and not knowing...

I had read that the currents were too strong for divers so they used sonar.

I am guessing that they took time to review what the sonar "picked up" and probably want to take a closer look at items.
Sonar is almost always used first. Multiple images have to be obtained from diff directions when something looks like what they are looking for. Images are then reviewed. If they find something that is worth diving on, then divers go in when it's safe.

Not getting a good vibe about this at all.

Did TES recently have a missing person case that they used their drone and decided to take one last sweep and it was that last drone pass that they found the red item of clothing?

Forget which case it was now.

Yes, that was little 2 year old Devon Davis who toddled off from home and fell into a pond. The drone spotted his red shirt.

It's hard to believe they would still be there doing a search in the dark....just for a pipe or wallet, imo. They would have someone posted so as not to not disturb until daylight, imo, but....could be wrong.

I agree with you. I've heard of LE having someone stand by the area until daylight and a proper search could be done. That's why I think there is something more. :(

Sad to say, they would not be out there at night, for anything less than a person, IMO. Hoping if she is deceased, she is found right away...can't imagine anything worse than having to go forever and not knowing...

I agree they would not be out this late at night there. Unless something lead them there.

Bessie, sorry. I didn't see your post until I went back to catch up.
Again, my apologies for posting the KLFY facebook link.

Don't even put up pictures of the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

http://i.imgur.com/uX372.jpg

Fixed. This camera (argument or not on what is at the top of the pic) is important in that it is the next camera that MS and the truck should be caught on if they continued down St. Landry. It is located at 215 St. Landry (on google maps) and is an old law firm but now the office for Premier Inc.
The camera supposedly records in real time with no lag or slow frame rates.

View Single Post
#600 Report Post
Unread Today, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlybutshelly View Post
I thought, probably like many others, that the picture of a similar truck going in the opposite direction on st landry was ALSO this truck. Can you clarify?
Shelly, the truck taking a left from St Landry onto University and the truck pictured farther down University are said by LE to be the same truck. The one going in the same direction as MS is a different one, and is the one that LE is still looking for.

Y'all DO know what this means, don't you?!

It spreads the search a lot farther afield along her route.

When everyone thought it was the same truck coming back, it was thought, "OK, they grabbed her and turned around."

The timeline WAS awful tight.

The fact that now the Z71 of interest is NOT seen coming back, means that either it grabbed her between the last shot of her at Circle K and 224 St. Landry, a distance of only 200 yds., and then keot heading west and WAS seen on the 224 St.L camera and LE is sitting on that info,

OR, she turned into the Lafayette Consolidated Government WEST parking lot, either as a planned route, or being pursued, and then that would mean that IF the trucl is involved, it pursued her either/or into the parking lot, OR continued out the back onto Azalea and got her in the neighborhood - -and then took off without coming back the way he came (meaning, without passing by the Circle K station again).

I can't believe, if this truck is involved, that a successful pursuit and capture would have extended very far into that neighborhood. Either they got Mickey soon after she turned off St. Landry, or the truck is likely NOT INVOLVED.

If THAT is the case, then it gets worse.... that means we have a COMPLETELY unexplained disappearance somewhere between her leaving St. Landry and her home, with no vehicle and no suspects.

I think at this point, it's going to be CRITICAL to check every single camera along her route home, using as a premise that she did NOT proceed further west on St. Landry than the camera at 224 St.L, on which she does not appear.

Sad thing... so much time has gone by that they're likely all erased.

Seems to me the case has been moving pretty slowly, and now the tapes they need are likely gone.

P.S. I didn't forget the possibility that she went down Brashear. But - it seems the resident would have heard something, and mainly, why on earth if she is fleeing a pursuing truck, would she cross the road in front of him, asking to get run down? The only other issue would be that she intended to take Brashear. I can see no plausible reason for her to take that street at all. She wasn't going back to Taco Bell to whine about a 99c taco. The choice to take Brashear boils down to exactly this:

It would reflect a decision to take Johnston west, instead of St. Landry west. I do not buy it. It's going a good click south out of the way to get on a busy street with hazardous bike paths and graduation drunks all over the road, just to have to make that distance back up when you go north again.

Unless someone can explain to me a solid reason why she should choose to avoid the remaining stretch of St. Landry, I can't see it. It's better than Johnston.

So, I see two strikes against her using Brashear - poor choice as an escape route from a pursuer, and Johnston being an inferior route.

All in all, either that truck pursued her through the government parking lot and into the neighborhood and got her, or that truck's not involved, and a ghost took her somewhere farther along the line....

I'm actually really hesitant to jump in and ask a question right now, with all the tension, but I was wondering if there is a concensus on what make and model that truck is? For what it's worth, my husband paints cars for a living. I showed him the picture and he pretty quickly said that he believes it to be a 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab.

The pic and info of the truck is on page one of this thread. I'm a bit hesitant to add the pic because heaven forgive me if it's the wrong one. Trucks are a touchy topic here. ;)

Live news feed from Whiskey Bay @ 10 pm. This may be the resolution...

To the Shunick family: As we pass through this world of convalescence, know that others are here for you in your community. Though you may have to wear the mask of strength for your family, don't be afraid to let it down when necessary. Bring Mickey Home.

Don't even put up pictures of the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

I think your explanation here doesn't really clarify things since quite a few people are still under the assumption that the Z71 was pictured twice, going both directions. I understand that's not the case, but people new to the thread will not get that information from your quote in your signature. Maybe it would be helpful if you clarified that the two gas station pics are two different trucks. Simply referring to the "z71" doesn't help since most of this site thought that both photos were of a z71.

Just trying to be helpful. I know the truck debate is getting old, so maybe this will help people catch up.

Sonar is almost always used first. Multiple images have to be obtained from diff directions when something looks like what they are looking for. Images are then reviewed. If they find something that is worth diving on, then divers go in when it's safe.

Sigh.

I know was so hoping and guess I still am. Just saying lots of prayers right now.

It's been so strange seeing how fast the rumour has spread. It was a few hours ago now when someone posted here that a friend in LE spoke of a confession and a body and a search. Almost 5mins later the same thing was posted on one of the fb news pages, then another, then another.. now lot's of people in all the different threads on facebook say 'My friend's mom heard..' 'My friend is in LE and he said..' .., makes my head spin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3