LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed my original lengthy detailed post.

The reason she originally didn't take Congress is that there's no bike lane, traffic right up on the shoulder, and messed up sidewalks constantly going up and down driveways. i said she purposely avoided that section of Congress... which is why she dipped down to St. Landry. but I fully believe she intended to cut back up to Congress.

You and I will have to agree to disagree about St. Landry vs. Johnston. I don't think St. Landry's as bad as you think, and Johnston St. not as good. Have you biked Johnston yourself? That bike lane's a joke.....stops and starts, and lots more drunk traffic at 2 a.m. I could be wrong. But it's even farther out of her way to go to Johnston, after already avoiding the first section of Congress. At some point she would have been looping down through Broussard, at that rate.

Next, I think you missed what I said. If she cut down Azalea, to head to St. Mary and Souvenir Gate, that's why she's not on the camera! And so she COULD have gone near the barns, Blackham, etc.

Next, I said that I bet she knew about the cut-through in the back of the parking lot and so could have thought she could ditch him, OR, especially that she wasn't being followed at ALL! And so something happened to her later involving an UNKNOWN perp who had nothing to do with the truck.

if she had planned all along to use the Gov't parking lot, then that not only explains her disappearance from the next camera, but also, as now they say there's no shot of the truck coming back, the truck may NOT be involved!!!

I wish I could find my big post to link it, because I do appreciate your addressing my points, but I don't feel you have a good handle on my supporting arguments. I was pretty thorough.

I will say it again. The smoking gun, for me, is whether that truck is on the security camera at 224 St. Landry. If it is, the driver's off the hook. If not, he's the perp, and likely chased her into that parking lot and got her there, or chased her into the neighborhood.

Shoot, i need to find my post so you can look at the whole thing. you're just reacting to a part of my argument.

No I read it, and you have good theories and make good points. But from day one when they thought her route would be down congress, I disagreed. I always thought she took the route she did. Mainly because if you google map the suggested bicycle route from Ryan st to Gov. Miro it brings you precisely the way I say, and the way she appeared to be taking.

We just agree to disagree. But we do have many plausible scenarios between the two of us

How do you catch up after 5 or more threads have gone by and you just landed here. LOL

<modsnip>

Quick update- earlier this evening local media started tweeting about LE gearing up for a late night search of the area where the bike was found. It is Whiskey Bay, there could be alligators, not ideal conditions for a night search so we assume this is something big. There are rumors or reasons why the sudden renewed search but we can't post them. LE upper admin reported to be on scene which also suggests big news expected.
None of this is verbatim frm MSM, so MOO based on what I've read here.

<modsnip>

It's actually Mrs. Blue Rolfes. She's Dee Stanley's wife. And used to be (still is? I don't live in Lafayette anymore) a reporter on KLFY. Maybe that's why he's there (he went out there with her) and we're over speculating?
She's an anchor (or was before we moved 3 years ago), not a reporter. He's there on LCG business, I guarantee it.

Ran out of gas there once. May as well have been on a swing. Not fun feeling the entire bridge just sway back and forth as huge semi's barrel by within inches of your vehicle at 60 mph

!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

DUDE!

I'm not a scaredy-cat, but I would have flat-out messed my britches. You DO know how easily you could have died, stalled on that thing, don't you?

All you Louisianans who are new to us in these last few days need to stick around WS, btw, after this case plays out however it's going to play. Lots of very interesting threads here, and they need keen minds, every one of them.

Let me take the opportunity to say what a breath of fresh air this web community has been. As much as our community here in Lafayette has pulled together, the ugly posts on Facebook by the people of Lafayette has appalled me. I am thankful for WS because of the level of respect shown even in times of much disagreement. I feel like I know each one of you personally! :yourock:

Agree so much! Thank you WS!

It's actually Mrs. Blue Rolfes. She's Dee Stanley's wife. And used to be (still is? I don't live in Lafayette anymore) a reporter on KLFY. Maybe that's why he's there (he went out there with her) and we're over speculating?

No, I meant Mr. Blue Rolfes lol. Dee Stanley is Mr. Blue Rolfes. Guess you didn't catch that.And no I don't believe he's out there with her. She may not even be there. They definitely are announcing him with his job title, so he's there on his own business, not with the wifey.

What I will grant you, A.C.I., is that IF she chose to take Brashear to use Johnston, I only think she would have done that if she did NOT feel followed. If she were, and he were on her tail, would she have driven left across his path and risk having him run her over, to cross over St. Landry? She didn't know WHAT he was doing, and it could have crossed her mind that he would just run her down. To me, her natural defense would be to go RIGHT, away from the road, not left, deeper out into it.

Sure he could have tailed her onto Brashear if he were sly. You and I disagree on whether she chose Johnston over St. Landry.

Right. I think that's where our disagreement comes from. I don't buy that she was aware of being followed and trying to get away. But if she was, your proposed route is much more likely. If she is just casually riding on the other hand, I think my route is more viable (and is the google map suggested bike route) and then someone followed her back there.

So it really comes down to if she was aware she was being followed or not.

All you Louisianans need to stick around WS, btw, after this case plays out however it's going to play. Lots of very interesting threads here, and they need keen minds, every one of them.

Damn straight!:woohoo:

All you Louisianans who are new to us in these last few days need to stick around WS, btw, after this case plays out however it's going to play. Lots of very interesting threads here, and they need keen minds, every one of them.

You bet! Been coming here since DTL was on the loose in the Baton Rouge area. It was here on WS where I learned of his capture! What a wonderful day that was.

!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

DUDE!

I'm not a scaredy-cat, but I would have flat-out messed my britches. You DO know how easily you could have died, stalled on that thing, don't you?

haha believe me...I know what kind of a **** storm I was in the middle of

Well now that it is midnight, and I officially have to be at work in 4 hours I think I'll call it a night. I hope to wake up in the morning to news. Good or bad..just something.

I think around 10pm CST, that's when i saw it on twitter.

I've heard from people who passed on that bridge today that there were cop cars and helicopters there during the day so they've been at it for a while I'm guessing.

So do people think that it was someone who hit her with their vehicle then stopped, took the bike and body and disposed of it?

A lot of people seem to think so. Even her mother put forth that theory. So maybe so....I just feel like it is a sexual predator, but I hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne