LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking all week, and must say locals and non-locals have been giving this case 100%. I've been of the thought all along Mickey was no longer with us. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine the Chief of Police and Dee Stanley (loved the redflex remark about Durel!) out there for a backpack. Hopefully the family/friends will get an answer soon.

Welcome to you and all the new members.

:welcome:

If they do find Mickey I pray for strength for this family and justice to come for their loved one.It is hard but closure is better,than

never finding out what happened.Is is always so heartbreaking ,but God will trump over evil every time.Just look around at how many

concerned and caring people that never met this girl are right here at WS.

Thanks, you all have been so welcoming to us Cajuns. I must say I have not been surprised to see how the locals have come together over this, but to see non-locals care so much for one of our own is awesome. Gives me hope the world isn't completely awful.

I had a feeling the "break" from searching wasn't so much a break and a hope the creep who did this would slip up or come forward.

This is not good. It's just not good. I mean it's good that if it is her body then the family can have some closure but it just sucks. I'm so sad for her family right now.

So sad for her family and friends. Whatever you do, don't go look at pictures on the Find Mickey facebook or CS's facebook...tears! There's a picture of her pet pig, once you throw in the animals, I'm a hot mess.

Just jumping in after spending all day behind my land yacht (read: minivan --ha!).

Is there live coverage right now or are you all getting your updates from Twitter? Are we on vigil?

I'm afraid to even say it...............

If it was what we may be thinking it is, I would think it would be called out unless there is a definite need. I pray not, but I don't think this is gone be good at all, so very sad, so very sorry!

Can anyone tell me how to get to Baton Rouge WITHOUT having to cross that bridge? No matter what happens tonight, I do not think I will ever be able to travel over it again. Years ago, While stuck at the top during a torrential downpour, my mom says to me, "You feel it moving?". I DID! It sways! I couldn't make that drive for years. It's only in the last couple of years that I have started to again, and i pray, white knuckled, the entire way.

Just jumping in after spending all day behind my land yacht (read: minivan --ha!).

Is there live coverage right now or are you all getting your updates from Twitter? Are we on vigil?
It certainly feels like a vigil.

have to say on one hand i'm disappointed...because there is no closure, still. on the other hand, there is still some hope

No, I meant Mr. Blue Rolfes lol. Dee Stanley is Mr. Blue Rolfes. Guess you didn't catch that.And no I don't believe he's out there with her. She may not even be there. They definitely are announcing him with his job title, so he's there on his own business, not with the wifey.

Oops! I have this amazing talent of not getting jokes even though I can tell them quite well! I tend to overanalyze everything, but overanalyze it at face value. When that original comment was tagged with eta I thought for sure you'd edited to add that Blue was there. I completely missed the joke! :/

Twitter/ Facebook at the moment. I have the Katc live feed up just in case they come on.

So sad for her family and friends. Whatever you do, don't go look at pictures on the Find Mickey facebook or CS's facebook...tears! There's a picture of her pet pig, once you throw in the animals, I'm a hot mess.

However there are no remarks or statements FROM CS regarding what is happening, correct?

This is reminding me of the search for Haleigh at the Mondex that night, only I feel there will be a different out-come. You still feel all the same emotions.

Can anyone tell me how to get to Baton Rouge WITHOUT having to cross that bridge? No matter what happens tonight, I do not think I will ever be able to travel over it again. Years ago, While stuck at the top during a torrential downpour, my mom says to me, "You feel it moving?". I DID! It sways! I couldn't make that drive for years. It's only in the last couple of years that I have started to again, and i pray, white knuckled, the entire way.

Hwy 190

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member