LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok This scares the living daylights out of me. My immediate family bounces between these areas all the time. I-12 in covington is not two hrs (at worst) in heavy traffic between MS disappearance and this girl. what is the time frame difference between the two happenings? so sad...

Apparently, she's been found. It's somewhere on the thread.

JMO, IMO, :moo:

Yeah, I am wondering--some of the more regular posters must not be currently working? I mean, I am not, and have spent TOO many hours stuck on here, neglecting housework b/c of it, and at some point I do have to sleep, and when I wake up I have 20+ pages to catch up on? Do you people NEVER sleep? LOL I know we all have different schedules, and lots of night owls.

I'm a stay at home mom for the most part, but what I tend to do is leave the page open and then when I pass the computer, I'll refresh and take a couple of minutes to do whatever, then come back later and do it again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Please don't "ignore" my request hahaha- how do u use the ignore button? I can't figure it out in cp. is it different for iPad users??

We have way to many cases that are not solved or found. I'm growing tired of criminals that are getting away with stuff! I've gotten to the point now when I'm driving and if I see buzzards flying or any large birds flying over head...I make a big mental note of where I saw it. I look at license plates, I am aware of everything around me. Please, let some of these missing be found and brought back to their family's one way or another!

Sorry "END RANT"

I have a friend that is former law enforcement. He assured me that they know a
LOT more than they are telling us.

I wish people would really get this. We don't have ALL the info.

I was married into a LE family for years. I've seen it all. They only tell what they want you to know. JMO

Ok This scares the living daylights out of me. My immediate family bounces between these areas all the time. I-12 in covington is not two hrs (at worst) in heavy traffic between MS disappearance and this girl. what is the time frame difference between the two happenings? so sad...

Try not to let it scare the living daylights out of you. One was a domestic thing, husband was arrested. The other was a runaway, she has been found and safe.

Shelly,

That MS girl was never missing, it was a misunderstanding between her and her parents, and she posted about on her public Facebook page.

There is the very real possibility that a predator is out there, as we all know, so just be alert and cautious. Don't go out walking about by yourself at night or in areas where no one will be around. We all let our guard down at times, but this whole situation should remind us to get it back up. Being aware is all you can do to protect yourself right now. It's scary that someone could be out there in the town you're in, but there is no need to live your life in constant fear.

regarding the bike being thrown from the bridge on not...

has anybody considered that maybe the bike WAS thrown from the bridge, missing the water completely, causing the wheel damage, then said perp had to drive down there to throw it out in the water?

sorry, im out of facts and my brain is on overtime...

I have a friend that is former law enforcement. He assured me that they know a
LOT more than they are telling us.

Was this someone in Lafayette PD speaking specifically about Mickey's case, or just a cop speaking generally?

Just got a week's worth of water in my garden in the last 5 minutes.

No more scent or fragmentary evidence - kiss it goodbye.

Completely unrelated. The woman found by the interstate was killed by her exhusband- he turned himself into police.

Please don't "ignore" my request hahaha- how do u use the ignore button? I can't figure it out in cp. is it different for iPad users??

Just want to mention something about the ignore button...
It works well if you have a short fuse , but you can also miss important posts
Unless they are quoted, you won't see them and that isn't always a good thing

The police are saying that the "bed-cover" truck came from the east, got to St. Landry, and turned left on University.

Mickey had traveled that way for some indeterminate distance, as evidenced by her appearance on the Circle K photo. it's inaccurate Cajun speech, I think, throwing you.

That's Cajun for " the direction that Mickey was going."

Our speech patterns can me annoying.

MOO

I am familiar with the Cajun dialect. I grew up in Lafayette, although I was not born there. My Dad got a faculty position at USL and we moved to town when I was 6. I left for good when I was about 25, but much of my family is still in town.

This was a written press release. You would think they would use someone with good language skills for writing these.

Rain blowing sideways 3 feet into the room THROUGH the screen. Guitar's all wet. Getting a towel

Shelly,

That MS girl was never missing, it was a misunderstanding between her and her parents, and she posted about on her public Facebook page.

There is the very real possibility that a predator is out there, as we all know, so just be alert and cautious. Don't go out walking about by yourself at night or in areas where no one will be around. We all let our guard down at times, but this whole situation should remind us to get it back up. Being aware is all you can do to protect yourself right now. It's scary that someone could be out there in the town you're in, but there is no need to live your life in constant fear.
This bears repeating. Living in a state of hysteria (not saying you are, Shelly, but I've seen crazy posts on FB) is not living.

regarding the bike being thrown from the bridge on not...

has anybody considered that maybe the bike WAS thrown from the bridge, missing the water completely, causing the wheel damage, then said perp had to drive down there to throw it out in the water?

sorry, im out of facts and my brain is on overtime...

Great thought. Could have happened!! They were listening for a splash, but heard a crash, and had to go down and deal with it.

Definitely possible. Great outside-the-box thinking -

I'm a stay at home mom for the most part, but what I tend to do is leave the page open and then when I pass the computer, I'll refresh and take a couple of minutes to do whatever, then come back later and do it again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I try to leave the page open but minimized in my office and refresh when I get a few minutes. This will only work until the administration decides I'm stealing resources.

Just want to mention something about the ignore button...
It works well if you have a short fuse , but you can also miss important posts
Unless they are quoted, you won't see them and that isn't always a good thing

You are right.. but if the posts are important, they likely will be requoted - discussed, and you will see them anyway and not miss them.

Rain blowing sideways 3 feet into the room THROUGH the screen. Guitar's all wet. Getting a towel

Send some North to Arkansas please. Southern Arkansas would be best....Thanks!:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member