LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I found the person who harmed my child before the police, there would be a thread on the perp here. Period. Societal norms be damned.

:rocker:

Two words: Gary Plauche

I'd rather take my own chances in the justice system, after exacting my own justice, in such a situation.

It would make sense to remove them so that they were NEVER found. But, to remove them and dump them in the vicinity of the bike makes no sense to me whatsoever.

It's like they were trying to remove forensic evidence, but overdid it (for instance, if they were trying to conceal fingerprints, they could have just wiped it down), and then just failed miserably by dumping it beside the bike.

This seems like someone who isn't very experienced to me.

But, unfortunately, you don't have to be a professional criminal to dump a body and get away with the murder in areas like LA (and here in TX where there are tons of waterways).

First pic you have is no longer relevant.
It is relevant if we can determine timing of this issue. I know the truck is relevant but I AM NOT LOOKING AT THE TRUCK (believe it or not) in this pic. I am looking at the cars at the gas station and the spec on the rt of the person running to the gas station. trying to determine why the spec is not in MS photo but in these other two photos. thinking this truck of interest may have been ahead of MS.

Thats the annoying thing about working with LE. You just never really know. I can't say for sure they didnt cross the camera until I see the video myself. In the meantime we have to assume she didnt based on that LE said so

I have seen police presence up and down St. Landry and all the way to the Blackham area in the past days, but none on Brashear (maybe they did come that way but haven't seen them).

I do not know about other people, but in my circle of friends we constantly talk about where the security cameras are and where new ones have been posted; kinda as a joke. I got a speeding ticket through campus by one and ever since then I have been on the lookout. My father knows where they all are in town. lol. And we are not criminals; probably not as smart as criminals. I suffice it to say that the average criminal knows more about security cameras than the average person with no criminal record.

I really don't believe the "average criminal" pays attention to or cares about security cameras. The "average criminal" is going to do what they want wherever they are.

Ok, I've been catching up and I think I'm up to speed...

Re: Order of pics. I think that the person was inside paying for gas when Mickey passed, and when the truck passed he was back at the pump and waiting for his tank to fill up. I am pretty certain that the truck came second, as quoted by this statement from 5/25 on katc.com --
"Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton.

Re: Handlebar grips. Perhaps something that could be used to identify the perp was found on the grips and he cut them off to try to clean them (bleach or something?) and then tossed them with the bike when he was done. Without knowing the condition of the grips, I can't even begin to speculate on why that happened. Maybe it even had Mickey's blood or a fingernail or something (if she was holding on really tightly to the handlebars and he ripped her hands off of it, idk) and he didn't want there to be evidence of a struggle? My best guess, though, is that he took them off so the bike would be less recognizable (maybe to make it look like just an old, beat up bike that someone tossed?) and he left them there because he didn't want to be caught with them.

Now, children, kgeaux feels the need to 'splain sumtin to y'all!

Spiders are our FRIENDS! Their webs catch creepy crawlers, nasty flies and all sorts of yucky home invaders.

Only kill brown recluses or black widows!

Lol, now back to our regular programming.
Big Bugs Build Character!

Handle grips just slide on/off. They should fit on tight, but that's not always the case.

My boyfriend's bike is right next to me. They are on very tight and you'd have to cut at them for a while to get them off.

Maybe there are different kinds of grips?

*goes to mess with son's bike*

since there is still much discussion on the circle k pics i will add that in the pics i reviewed... i believe in the 2 truck pics (not in front of me) there appeared to be a possible vehicle parked in front of circle k in one of the parking slots closest to the pumps but in front of the store... it was only a few pixels on the right of the images and the rest was out of frame so i can not say for sure... but the pixels in question fell in a spot in my overlay that could suggest the corner of a bumper

was not in the pic of bike but that one was cropped off a bit on that side...

i took a screenshot of google street view from the security cameras pov then overlayed the given shots on top to give me a wider view of what we were looking at...

for what its worth...

But, the handlebar grips could have been tossed anywhere easily. They could've been tossed out a car window and off the bridge. They could've been thrown into a random dumpster.

Absolutely, My wife and I were speaking last night and we agreed if a child of ours ever went missing we would hire a P.I. immediately, in addition to doing my own sleuthing, who cares if it is legal or not? I have no faith in the Police in general. There may be some good ones but they are clock punchers. A P.I. has a vested interest in finding my child.
ARE private investigators legal? What is their role in the judicial system?

The intent behind that question was to attempt to establish whether or not the photos of the truck in question were being presented in proper sequence. (Assuming they were captured by different cameras)

Or is there only one photo of the DWTIQ? (D*mn White Truck In Question)

Thats the only photo (or so we're told) so theres no way to know

It would be cool to see as much speculation as to why the handgrips could be off the handles as there has been speculation about the trucks. It's such a bizarre detail to me that the LE almost implied they WERE separated.

Makes me wonder if they found the pedals too?

It is relevant if we can determine timing of this issue. I know the truck is relevant but I AM NOT LOOKING AT THE TRUCK (believe it or not) in this pic. I am looking at the cars at the gas station and the spec on the rt of the person running to the gas station. trying to determine why the spec is not in MS photo but in these other two photos. thinking this truck of interest may have been ahead of MS.

LE has the video, they know the timing. They know whether Mickey or the truck came first.

Your question about the person going into the gas station. They could have just parked at the pump in the picture of MS, then were walking in to pay when the truck drove by. Numerous possibilities, all in the hands of LE and I'm trusting that fact.

After their search last night, I truly believe they have much more info than is released and is being withheld for good reason--their investigation.

What I continued to be intrigued by is what the allowed amount of actual lying is allowed.

For example, they claim there is no additional footage of Mickey. And then A.C.I. says there is continuous footage somewhere down on St. Landry. So would they lie or can we then conclude that she did divert her path right there or was hit right there somewhere.

It's clear they withold info. But how much outright lying would they do. If they can just lie for undisclosed reasons, I feel like a lot of us are wasting our time trying to even do any brainwork based on the tiny bits of info released.

I'm not saying this is the case with MS's family at all, but, I've seen this in other cases...and it's very heartbreaking and wanting to faceslap at the same time out of frustration. Family slowly being found of "little white lies" or seemingly withholding info either to save face or cover up "something", but certainly going against finding the missing or a huge hinderance. BUT, I really don't believe that is the case here, her family seems very warm, supportive of the help and not hesitant in any way to wanting to find her. God Bless them...and all her supporters. They are all in my prayers. Bringing Mickey home is forefront, and I for one will listen very carefully if and when we hear from the PI.

My boyfriend's bike is right next to me. They are on very tight and you'd have to cut at them for a while to get them off.

Which is how they should be. But if you mess with them enough, you can get them off. I've replaced enough of them over the years.

Oddly enough, the pic of the truck traveling the opposite direction of Mickey on st Landry was left out of that visual aid. I'm not trying to make heads explode but there is true confusion about whether or not that is the same truck pictured on university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974