LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't heard they arrested anyone? Will have to check it out. Yesterday, maybe day before, I was looking at a local news channel's FB and someone posted that her niece in Florida was missing. Being that we had the bike dumped at Whiskey Bay, I wondered if the perp could now be in Florida. But, as it turned out the girl was a runaway, and had left a note.

just to clarify, im not sure if there has been an arrest in the case of the missing picayune girl or not. i was referring to the link i posted about a thirty something year old woman being found dead off of the interstate. as of yet i havent had time to search for the missing picayune girls info, but im fixing to look again

But what if that particular camera only recorded every 5-10-20 seconds instead of a continuous recording? What of she did pass there and wasn't captured? She could be right outside of the frame.

Its records constantly. You'll just have to trust me on that ;)

Hello all,

I have been following this forum for a while and this is my first post. Forgive me if someone else has noticed this odd coincidence, but has anyone searched for "215 St. Landry St. Lafayette, LA" on google maps and looked at the street view?

If you click street view, you will find a white Z71 truck in the picture. If you move around a bit with the arrows, you can get a better picture of it. I realize that A) There are thousands of white Z71's in Lafayette and B) This picture was taken in April 2009, but it certainly looks a lot like the truck in question.

My thought is that LE could contact google based on this coincidence and ask them to clear the purposely blurred license plate...

If you have a chance to check this out, let me know your thoughts. I grew up in Louisiana, my husband is from Lafayette (attended USL), and we are very hopeful that MS will be found alive and safe.
I see that truck clear as day when I google it. WIll you please use your instincts and call/ask google to find that license plate! He probably has lived here for a while.

Makes me think it is not the PERP if he has been in this location for a while.

No one is going to get the info unless LE releases it, again to protect the integrity of the investigation, to protect the victim, to protect the victim's family, and maybe to save a potential victim.

I wouldn't advise beating down the door of whomever may have this video information, it could likely land someone in jail.

It seems like I've said this before about protecting the integrity of the investigation....By my count, I've said it three times, and numerous other posters have explained it much better than I have.:banghead:

IMO, JMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I feel its only polite to read over the previous threads and try to be up to current FACTS before posting over and over. I honestly feel like we're going in circles here. :banghead:

I did a quick search for her on Facebook and easily found her page. She seems to update it many times a day. The most recent update being only a few hours ago. So, she seems to have been found and is okay?

Are you sure you found the right page? I tried the same tactic and was flooded with hundreds of Ashley Smith results, even when I put in Picayune it was tons. Facebook does do smart search (giving results of people they assumed you'd know based on your FB connections) though, so our search results would be different. If you found the right girl, good sleuthing and glad we got that cleared up!

KATC News just cut into the show I'm watching right now and my heart dropped to the floor. False alarm- weather news.

Also, regarding the cameras on the left side of the building, I got out of the car and looked into the smokey plastic cover of two of them. Both point directly out looking over the parking lot she would have had to cross. I think it would be very difficult for both of them to miss her if they were operating correctly.

Thanks! We're all running behind.

I hate to say this even, but how long did LCG keep the DVR footage? It could have been on there and erased before it was of interest.

This info is probably privileged - but .... it's critical.

If the tapes were erased, and that's an area of interest, LCG is going to get completey FRIED by the public.

This thing could get reeeallly ugly around here, if suspicion finally does focus on the lot and Azalea. And, unfortunately, I have a LOT of suspicion that this area is a a prime suspected area :-(

And it's been beat to death and resurrected and beat to death again...

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Maybe we should have a thread for us inexperienced locals and then you wouldn't have to worry about things being beat to death over and over.

I did a quick search for her on Facebook and easily found her page. She seems to update it many times a day. The most recent update being only a few hours ago. So, she seems to have been found and is okay?

Are you sure you found the right page? I tried the same tactic and was flooded with hundreds of Ashley Smith results, even when I put in Picayune it was tons. Facebook does do smart search (giving results of people they assumed you'd know based on your FB connections) though, so our search results would be different. If you found the right girl, good sleuthing and glad we got that cleared up!

Alright, I just went through the top 7 Ashley Smith Picayune results I got and you're right, she's out there and updating her page. Great sleuthing!

Makes me wonder if they found the pedals too?

Interesting comment - probably just the kind of thing that would perk LE's ears up if the pedals are missing because nobody would know that but the perp and LE.

I'm sure you're joking (even though I don't get the joke) because I assume the pedals were still on the bike when it was plucked out of the water.

Its records constantly. You'll just have to trust me on that ;)
Thank God. Thought I was losing my marbles there for a sec. Of course ... with four kids that's always on the horizon anyway.

You are correct!!!1 Thanks for the correction.

And that makes this whole thing more mysterious to me.... and leaves the possibly of a crazy stop-and-drop from the Whiskey Bay bridge.

It's hard to heave things out from that bank of the west side of the ext are....
YW. Thank you for verifying my saneness and memory (altho just on that one point ;) ).

I see that truck clear as day when I google it. WIll you please use your instincts and call/ask google to find that license plate! He probably has lived here for a while.

Makes me think it is not the PERP if he has been in this location for a while.

Maybe you have time to do this? You could probably Google Google's contact info.

I would hope that LE has already checked registered Z71s in the area... though people could always move.

Maybe we should have a thread for us inexperienced locals and then you wouldn't have to worry about things being beat to death over and over.

No offense, but all one has to do is read the posts and see what the facts are. I know it's a lot to wade through, and it's time consuming, but if you want to know the facts, the first thing to do is read the links provided. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything like that, because my quarrel isn't with you.

Welcome to WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member