LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think so too. But I'm having trouble with the report by a poster that the search was at the Pilot Channel. That's on the west.

Someone corrected me upthread, but I need to go back and look at the origial post from last night.

The person said they saw the activity.... and I think they said it was at the Pilot Channel on the east side. If so, that's a big mistake. The Pilot channel is on the WEST, and the WORK channel is on the east.

That may be the source of the confusion.

I thought the person last night said the activity was on the EAST side. If so, that's the work channel, and matches the reported location of the bike.

But the reported location from the bike could ALSO be in error.

The operative problem is that not even most of the locals know the correct terms for the various features of the area - and that is making this IMPOSSIBLE to sleuth!

At this point, I don't trust anything but a wide-angle view of the actual searh in progress, to determine the actual location. :-(

Thanks for the clarification.

However, I still believe it's too risky.

I disagree with your timing for these reasons.
1. there is no time on the truck of interest
2. both the pic of MS and the truck of interest have the same cars at the gas station. Not only that there is yet another pic of the same two cars at that gas station (in which there is again no time). When I am gassing up it is quick; I rarely see the same car by me when I am pumping as when I am returning from payment (and I usually use a debit card). So what I am saying is that there is a long span of time in which these pics were in the vicinity of the gas station; and for that reason I think the truck of interest may be going as slow as MS on her bike. Which would freak me out as a bike rider. If the truck was going that slow and MS was slow, I am not surprised they did not make it to the next camera; truck and MS at same pace, ripe for BAD STUFF.

Right, I agree. As a rider my antenna go up when this occurs. I will usually pull over and let them pass. If this is this were the case for me, I would have gone to circle k, and walked into the store bike and all-- and asked them to dial the cops.

Hi! I read a post you made earlier in this case about being followed on the internet. (something to that effect) And now this comment
Would you tell me what you mean?
Not being rude-- Just interested! You peaked my curiosity. :)

Oh- Its ok if you dont want to!

Ashley Smith was found. Apparently had a disagreement with her parents.

Hi! I read a post you made earlier in this case about being followed on the internet. (something to that effect) And now this comment
Would you tell me what you mean?
Not being rude-- Just interested! You peaked my curiosity. :)

Oh- Its ok if you dont want to!

There is something called the Deep Web that is used mostly for illegal activity - not for the general public.

I don't think anything like that is even remotely related to this case.

Who? Mickey or girl from MS? Sorry. Confused.

That's the point I was subtly making when I wrote that. The poster talking about it kept making unreferenced comments (the girl from MS) without quoting. It was maddening, because I wondered the same thing

Is it possible to imagine that MS was strong enough to hold her own on that bike and that the PERP had to tear her hands off that bike handlebars to do whatever he did? Could MS have her hands on those grips and holding on for dear life until she could not hold anymore.

OR

PERP wanted to get fingerprint evidence off and something stopped him (new car, being seen?) that prevented him from tearing them off completely?

OR

bike was on the ground in scuffle and got ripped off by pavement?

Can anyone think of anything else?

The bike was hit, so perhaps it's blood.

Chicken whoever the little girl was reporting for KLFY said last night they were searching east of the exit, which would be the canal. But Cajun tattoo said her friend passed over and they were at the pilot channel. So either the reporter had her bearings wrong or the motorist was confused. So really, I didn't answer your question. Lol. Sorry!

I need to ask a question to the locals. Not being familiar with the area and having a bit of trouble with depth perception myself when looking at google I need to ask-

In the area they found the bike would it have been possible for Mickey to have been hit by a car speeding that would have thrown her and the bike off the bridge? If so is it possible that her body would have been washed in the current further away? Is it deep enough to do that?

I need to ask a question to the locals. Not being familiar with the area and having a bit of trouble with depth perception myself when looking at google I need to ask-

In the area they found the bike would it have been possible for Mickey to have been hit by a car speeding that would have thrown her and the bike off the bridge? If so is it possible that her body would have been washed in the current further away? Is it deep enough to do that?

She wouldn't have been riding her bike there...it's 27 miles away from where she was last seen, in the completely opposite direction of where she was heading, on a major interstate with no shoulder and a 18 mile long bridge.

Thanks for the clarification.

However, I still believe it's too risky.

I argued that hard. People kept telling me that the perps could have stopped on Whiskey Bay bridge. I kept saying it was to dangerous.

That said.... it COULD have been done in the wee hours if they were quick.

Were it me, and I had to get rid of the evidence, knowing how deep the Pilot Channel is, I think that YES I would have risked, if the alternative was a death sentence.

The misreported locations for bike and search have made this impossbile to figure out so I'm not going to speculate anymore pending more info.

And we know this how? My understanding was that the last place was at the CircleK. So, if indeed that 224 St Landry was the last place, we need to find where she could have been taken right there, or very close.

The last camera she was seen on was across from Circle K. Other vehicles were captured at 224, but not Mickey.

Longtime lurker, first time poster, Cajun-at-heart boudin-loving-crawfish-eating-zydeco- lover here. I am very familiar with the area Mickey went missing from as I travel back and forth from here to the Evangeline Racetrack to pick up horses. Every time we go over the Whiskey Bay bridge, we comment jokingly that if you ever wanted to dispose of a body, this would be the area. We have nicknamed it "Hideabody Swamp". I pray that Mickey is alive and this story will have a gloriously happy ending. If her body was left in one of these swamps, it could very well never be found.

The most important clue we have is the white z71. At this point, finding it and ruling it either in or out seems the logical direction to proceed. We know the VOI headed west on St Landry at 1:48 just before something happened to Mickey and the VOI "went" somewhere after that. Whoever abducted Mickey then made their way north to I-10 and headed east to Whiskey Bay. There were a number of cams placed along every potenial route back to the Interstate. The truck had to come from somewhere, perhaps it can be located on cams in the period before Mickey passed in front of Circle K.

Finding additional cam phots of the VOI accomplishes two objectives: 1) get more details about the vehicle; narrow down model and features and 2) cet a clue as to where it had been or where it was going .

Realisticly, there are very few vehicles on the road between say 2:45 and 4:30 AM. Any white z71 caught on any cam anywhere in the Lafayette or Baton Rouge area should be of interest.

Although there might be tens of thousands of white P.U's in the area, specific year/model identity can narrow it down and these can be identified by VIN. (color can not generally be identified by VIN). A few hundred vehicles can be sorted through if LE is willing to invest the resources. ( The FBI has done this on a number of occasions). If a vehicle consistant with know information were caught on a cam on a major road leading from I-10 at, say 4:15 that night, that would tell them where to start.

PS, for what its worth, I am now satisfied that white truck heading east in front of the Circle K is different from out VOI. That white truck does not have the z71 decal on the back sidepanel while the VOI apparently does. I can't eyeball that and I can't see any bed lid but I trust LE, with better originals and better equiptment, can. I am confused as to why this was not clairified sooner.
It may have had to come from somewhere, but it did not have to come far if it had been 'living' at 215 st landry street in 2009 on the google map; if he was not living there now, he may have just moved a block or two away. He would not have had to drive into town and we would not be needing to look for anyone driving into town. MS could be at 215 St landry right now as hostage as we speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx