LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy moly...so 20 seconds is what it took?

Unless she went down Brashear.

Very scary.

Or unless they do indeed have video of her in the lcg parking lot or at 215 st. Landry. I think they know a lot more than theyve shared and we're gonna be hit with a ton of **** at once

I think that was before Equusearch was involve huh? If so, Equusearch involved the theory of searching a premises more than once. If only the initial, unorganized search parties crossed it off, the perp could have gone in after if they were apart of it or knew about it, and got rid of evidence. It wasn't until late last week they actually went in and locked that broken door. They should really try looking again. That's a vast place.

I meant Equusearch. Volunteers were not allowed inside to search.

I know everyone has their opinion so I will give my perspective.

I live towards the same side of town Mickey lives on and I would not be taking Johnston from St Landry to get home. It's just too far out of the way for me. Yes, in a car and I would be even less likely to go out my way that much on bike. I think she cut through the LCG building parking lot (or around there) or whatever happened, happened in 20 seconds. Just MOO... I understand others see it differently.

Another thought was if she was spooked, she might have started to head back to Ryan St. thinking it was closer than home.

Second, I'd like to note that, if Mickey took that shortcut to Azalea, even if the white truck (possible perp) kept going down St. Landry and shows up on that camera at 224 or at the funeral home (wish we knew if it was recording at the time -- it's pointed right at the road), in my mind it would not in any way discount the possibility of that truck being involved.

The fact is, if the person in that truck, or anyone else for that matter, had local knowledge of these streets, he could have easily realized the shortcut Mickey was taking and known that he could zip down the street, hang a right on St. Mary, and then effectively cut her off just as she reached the intersection of St. Mary and Azalea.

In my opinion, this would have been a prime opportunity for an abduction point. At that time of night, it would have been very, very dark at that intersection, and the perp could have easily pulled all the way out of the St. Mary roadway, blocking Azalea, and even if another car came up or down St. Mary not too far behind it's entirely possible they wouldn't have noticed a

If your theory about her route is correct (and I tend to think it very likely is), then aside from the LCG lot this is the only place in this neighborhood where I can fathom such an incident taking place without attention being drawn. Just I jog through that area sometimes after dark, and it even gives me, a reasonably gruff 32 year-old male, the heebie-jeebies.

So, I guess I would lean toward two points to focus on -- the parking lot and the Azalea-St. Mary intersection. I have a hard time believing any type of pursuit could have snaked through the neighborhood without drawing attention, especially considering that, with all the different possible routes, an experienced bicyclist might have stood a pretty decent chance of losing a pursuer.

I agree with the heebie-jeebie area.. for that reason, I tend the believe she took the Brashear- Johnson route. I am a road cyclist who is female and very experienced, so I would have avoided creepy dark places like the plague.

As for an experienced cyclist loosing a pursuer, it depends. At this point she'd been riding at an average speed of 15mph for five or so minutes, her legs were warm and her bike could handle cutting between homes and riding in grass to avoid a chase by car. ( this is what I would have done, but I am crafty :woohoo:) If she was hit and thrown and injured, she could do nothing.

B

That clown truck is a Dodge Ram...l'd bet money on it...

All yall's truck references are cracking me up! Seriously!:floorlaugh: I wish I could help more, but I've never been to Lafayette, and though I've read about cases I haven't done any sleuthing. I'm learnin' though!

is there any section of that blue stripe on that building that could be considered newer or different?

I have to admit that I don't know. The new OLOL area opened less than a year ago, so I can't imagine that they spent money trying to fix up the older campus unless it was unavoidable, ya know?

That comment was made BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE THE CLOWN CAR WAS POSTED SOOOOO COOOOOOOUUUUUULLLLLDDDFD NNNNOOOTTT BBBBBEEEEE AAAANBBBOOOUUUUTTTTT TTTTHHHHEEEEERR CCCCCCLLLLLOOOOOOWWWNNNN CCCCAAAARR!!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7991033&postcount=739"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #15[/ame]

That clown truck is a Dodge Ram...l'd bet money on it...

I know everyone has their opinion so I will give my perspective.

I live towards the same side of town Mickey lives on and I would not be taking Johnston from St Landry to get home. It's just too far out of the way for me. Yes, in a car and I would be even less likely to go out my way that much on bike. I think she cut through the LCG building parking lot (or around there) or whatever happened, happened in 20 seconds. Just MOO... I understand others see it differently.

I agree PJ

JurysOut -- I just have to say, everytime I see your posts, your: It's dangerous out there. Take this with you: <insert cute kitty> It makes me LOL. I am not a cat person but that kitty gets me everytime. :floorlaugh:

If something actually happens that's newsworthy today, I swear I'll do a new thread.

That area isn't that long of a stretch. It really makes me want to go down there with someone, try to not look like a creeper, and look at the ground, grass, so forth, to see if I can find anything. Esp go back up into Azalea and check things out

I remember reading over and over again that she was on Versailles at 1:47 am and on St Landry at 1:48 am. But never heard what time the pickup was on St Landry.

KEEPONSEARcHiNG: I saw the z71 with a time stamp also. It was time stamped at 1:49, one minute after Mickey. You are not crazy. I went back to news webs to find it again and I could not. Would there be any reason LE would ask news to remove time from pic? Strange....

I found this site and thought it might be helpful to you locals to see where there are traffic type cameras installed in the area. Maybe someone who is familiar with the streets could search and see if there are any that you think may be helpful that may have caught Mickey or her abductor to/from the scene.

This is only for state/city installed cameras....but I hope that it might be helpful.

http://www.photoenforced.com/

That comment was made BBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE THE CLOWN CAR WAS POSTED SOOOOO COOOOOOOUUUUUULLLLLDDDFD NNNNOOOTTT BBBBBEEEEE AAAANBBBOOOUUUUTTTTT TTTTHHHHEEEEERR CCCCCCLLLLLOOOOOOWWWNNNN CCCCAAAARR!!!!!!!:floorlaugh:

Post #691 is the clown truck picture.
Post #703 is Wheelz comment.

Just sayin... :)

I agree with the heebie-jeebie area.. for that reason, I tend the believe she took the Brashear- Johnson route. I am a road cyclist who is female and very experienced, so I would have avoided creepy dark places like the plague.

As for an experienced cyclist loosing a pursuer, it depends. At this point she'd been riding at an average speed of 15mph for five or so minutes, her legs were warm and her bike could handle cutting between homes and riding in grass to avoid a chase by car. ( this is what I would have done, but I am crafty :woohoo:) If she was hit and thrown and injured, she could do nothing.

B

i think we should not discount bad judgement on her part as she IS missing, because YOU would avoid a more dangerous route does not mean that someone else that "disappeared" did also...

I've done a pixelated, focus, overlay while inverting the signal and I have come to the conclusion that this is the white truck that can be eliminated.

clowncar.jpg

OMG.....John Wayne Gacy look-a-like.

1a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads