LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would sink like a rock. My son used to have a habit of riding his bike off the dock and even once into the pool. And his bike had both tires inflated. Even with an aluminum bike you have the seat and chain and kick stand and gears etc.

It was no fun getting the bikes out of the water by the way. lol

True.
I spent time in a place where throwing stolen bikes in the lakes and ponds was the national sport, they threw even non stolen ones, they all sank.
I tried to find some videos of people jumping in lakes and ponds with their bike, but most cut it before you can see what happens to it. I've noticed some guys put floating devices on the bikes, so I guess they do that because they indeed always sink.

Do you have a picture of your silverado that you put on here for comparison?

Yeah, no need to bother with that since we were fed more info about the Z71this morning.

It's confirmed as having a Z71 sticker and 18 inch alloy wheels. Although they still didn't specifically state it has Louisiana plate/inspection sticker, they are asking for citizens to ONLY report trucks closely matching the description that are in Laf parish, frequent Laf, or were seen in the area MS disappeared.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...kup-driver?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

can someone verify for me, which photo with the white truck has not been identified yet? i have alot of experience doing digital recon and if i can get an image of taken from the same camera at the same time of nite with no vehicles in the image i may be able to render more detail on the vehicle. the quality is not very good on any of the images i have seen on the web, but i am more than willing to try and ask some graphic artists friends to try also.

the one pictured in slowlybutshelly's avatar

Thinking of Mickey and hope there are answers soon! I have a busy schedule during the day but come on here and check often for new information.

Its as far as you can go underneath the bridge. No one would see you under there at night, but yeah, can be easily found by boaters. The perp couldve just followed the road a few more miles into Sherburn. Soon as you get in there there is a closed ATV trail that is as secluded as it gets. Goes on for miles with woods and swamp on either side if the trail. Of course once in there (in a vehicle) youd have to back up about 4 miles on a 5 foot trail...in the dark. And hope not to fall in the water. Much like I did yesterday...in the rain.

But anywhere in Sherburn would've been a much better place

I think they put Mickey somewhere and then disposed of the bike!
She may have stopped for some reason and bam! She was gone!

can someone verify for me, which photo with the white truck has not been identified yet? i have alot of experience doing digital recon and if i can get an image of taken from the same camera at the same time of nite with no vehicles in the image i may be able to render more detail on the vehicle. the quality is not very good on any of the images i have seen on the web, but i am more than willing to try and ask some graphic artists friends to try also.

the following biker truck has now been IDd... based on a new unseen (by us) pic... so all have been identified...

thx

the following biker truck has now been IDd... based on a new unseen (by us) pic... so all have been identified...

thx

Well, the driver of the truck has not been identified. I think that's what she was getting at. The make/model has been ID'd but still, needle in a haystack.

Ven is asking us to compare these two trucks. Please give us your thoughts.

smaller pic appears to be a ford

is there something more specific about this pic you want to know?
i ask because i have answered this exact question for this person?

is this a pic from another case you wish to know something about..?

thx

"That image and another shot of the truck that has not been released were used to definitively identify the vehicle, Mouton said". From the Advertiser article

What is in that picture!!!

As always thanks to everyone for trying to bring her home.

I have been looking closely at the truck and its seating. From what I can tell it looks there is a passenger on the right side and perhaps even someone between the passenger and the driver; can anyone else tell anything from this photo?

i looked but could not get a head count... the info is not there... "THEY" have better pics, and can tell a lot more....

ok, thanks for the update. does anyone know why there is no video footage from the cams at the hospital and the cams in the parking garage across the street? also does anyone know if LEO dash cams record all the time or does the LEO have to turn start the recording as needed? because at that time of nite there is almost ALWAYS 2 to 4 units sitting at cajun field, if the dash cams are always on they could have possibly captured something as well?

also, i hate to be stating the obvious, but, can anyone come up with a reason why they have never examined the tower registration/association logs of Mickey's cell phone?

"That image and another shot of the truck that has not been released were used to definitively identify the vehicle, Mouton said". From the Advertiser article

Wonder if the other pic shows both the truck and Mickey?

Hoping today brings answers.

Well, the driver of the truck has not been identified. I think that's what she was getting at. The make/model has been ID'd but still, needle in a haystack.

this is only a needle in a hay stack for "us"... remember, they have more to go on then "we" are given...

Ven is asking us to compare these two trucks. Please give us your thoughts.

Two completely different trucks. The non-surveillance photo is an older model ford. LE has specifically stated theyre searching for a newer model Z71.

Dont forget, they have the actual video of the truck. Not just a picture.
They know quite a bit more than they're letting on.

Also, there is supposedly paint damage on the bike....white paint. But until this is actually confirmed just take what I say as a rumor. I just want people to not fret too much that this case may go unsolved. I assure you LE knows a good bit right now.

ok, thanks for the update. does anyone know why there is no video footage from the cams at the hospital and the cams in the parking garage across the street? also does anyone know if LEO dash cams record all the time or does the LEO have to turn start the recording as needed? because at that time of nite there is almost ALWAYS 2 to 4 units sitting at cajun field, if the dash cams are always on they could have possibly captured something as well?

also, i hate to be stating the obvious, but, can anyone come up with a reason why they have never examined the tower registration/association logs of Mickey's cell phone?

I seem to remember reading a statement from her sister saying the particular model of phone that Mickey owned was older and unable to be "pinged" if it was powered off, which mickeys phone appeared to be at the time of her disappearance.

I stated this in my initial post some threads back, but the area in which Ms Shunick went missing seems to be the place to go in Lafayette for anyone looking to have a night out.

I first visited the city on Saturday the 19th, and wasn't able to meet the local friend I'd initially intended to see. As my partner and I knew little about the place, we asked a young man working in a bike shop where he'd suggest we visit. He directed us toward Jefferson Street and its environs, and we spent a few hours walking around. As we were driving, we didn't drink, but we saw lots of bars and restaurants, all teeming with young folks looking to have a good time.

Given that Ms Shunick went missing around 2AM, when the bars close, I had figured that the person who caused her to vanish was either A) drunk or B) looking for people who were likely to be drunk.

Granted, those qualifiers cover a lot of ground, but I think they're important to remember when questioning possible motivations for this crime.
May I suggest that you get a copy of the book Lonely Planet and the Deep south. It is a great resource for people visiting Louisiana. I use Lonely Planet books everywhere I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3