LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
chances are that vehicle passed through a redflex intersection. if redflex would just admit that they do record all traffic and not just violators, we could possibly have a clear photo of the occupants of that truck. i think the community would agree to not pursue crimal charges against redflex for making th recordings if they would help out.

Wonder if the other pic shows both the truck and Mickey?

Hoping today brings answers.

if it does, we were lied to... that in my opinion is not the same as withholding information as they have done (are doing)...

LE said no further pics of bike ha been found (but this was days before the new pic)

based on the fact that all known footage in the area around the 2am timeline had already been searched for a bike... we might deduce that the new truck image may have come from a different day entirely, since we know they went back to all known video sources looking at a larger timeline...BUT... we don't know... "they do"

Dont forget, they have the actual video of the truck. Not just a picture.
They know quite a bit more than they're letting on.

Also, there is supposedly paint damage on the bike....white paint. But until this is actually confirmed just take what I say as a rumor. I just want people to not fret too much that this case may go unsolved. I assure you LE knows a good bit right now.

And the paint transfer, if true, will make it a lot easier to rule out any VOIs.

I'd also like to think LE have checked local bodyshop's/garages just in case a white truck recently had a front end repair/respray.

chances are that vehicle passed through a redflex intersection. if redflex would just admit that they do record all traffic and not just violators, we could possibly have a clear photo of the occupants of that truck. i think the community would agree to not pursue crimal charges against redflex for making th recordings if they would help out.

Unfortunately theyll never admit to anything like that because that would amount to unlicensed surveillance. And the state board of PI's has been on their asses from the start about this matter. I dont forsee them admitting to anything like that, no matter the reason. Which is sad.

I wish I could search with y'all. Just not physically able right now. Tomorrow is going to be much better search conditions - less humidity, and a high of only 88. The humidity difference will make y'all a lot more comfortable.

chicken,

Dont mean to pry--
Are you sick? I have MS and I am unable to volunteer in the heat and humidity and it really upsets me. I want to help when I arrive, but would be useless.

If so, I wish for cooler weather for Acadiana, it's the least a Hippie mama can do.

LA

Unfortunately theyll never admit to anything like that because that would amount to unlicensed surveillance. And the state board of PI's has been on their asses from the start about this matter. I dont forsee them admitting to anything like that, no matter the reason. Which is sad.

you are correct, they will go out of their way to save their own asses, before going out of their way to save someone else's... unfortunately.

I'm DEFINITELY not from the area and have never visited, but, I'm still thinking about a DUI accident OR just nasty azz people thinking it'd be "fun" to bump her bike to make her fall off and it ended up with them running over her AND the bike. The same type of people who drive around back roads and hit mailboxes with bats or shoot at highway signs.
Do they have "storm drains" on the streets?? I've actually seen people go down into them...well, the ones we have up north....and, yes, I used to be friends with bizarre people. Any manhole covers?? Along the line of the guy charged with murder while vacationing in Mexico, and his wife was found there.
I can understand getting rid of the bike and just loading it up in the back, but picking up a body and putting it somewhere, IMO, maybe the person might think it's "too much work". AND, just IMO, maybe a dead body would be waaaay too much gore for them to handle to put in the back of their truck. (???)
Maybe A LOT more attention needs to be focused on EVERY little nook and cranny along the WHOLE area around the routes Mickey COULD have taken???
God, I HATE typing this stuff let alone thinking about it.....horrible!!! Makes my stomach turn.
Maybe she flew off the bike, with the impact, farther away from the point of the accident.

AND, I'm still thinking MAYBE someone's trying to nurse her back to health, so it didn't seem like a "hit and run"....

Sorry for babbling, just kept thinking these things...

if it does, we were lied to... that in my opinion is not the same as withholding information as they have done (are doing)...

LE said no further pics of bike ha been found (but this was days before the new pic)

based on the fact that all known footage in the area around the 2am timeline had already been searched for a bike... we might deduce that the new truck image may have come from a different day entirely, since we know they went back to all known video sources looking at a larger timeline...BUT... we don't know... "they do"

You know as well as I that a little word play will fix everything. "We recently found some more photos" or "we've found new evidence and/or a suspect" when/if really they had it all along. Thats just the nature of an investigation. They have to withhold info and/or flat out lie in order to do whats best for the investigation while still giving enough info to the public to meet our demands for such progress reports.

You mean they DONT admit that?? I always thought they used a live recording feed because it seems like they would almost HAVE to because of the way the system works. I didnt know that they denied that they did so. They pretty much get away with anything they want, anyway, so I never thought twice that they WOULDNT be constantly recording or that charges could be brought upon them for doing so.

he should go get a cup of coffee with my wife... she is beautiful... but has an evil eye... ;)

I think all the Websleuther's wives and husbands should meet up for an all day event somewhere....and leave us alone to figure out this case! LOL

From day one, I have read as many pages of Mickey's threads as I can...but I still seem to miss things. Am I now understanding that LE has photos of the VOI that we have not seen?

I really hate white trucks.

AndiLA, i believe it was 1994, i can double check my docs for exact date, that the last mobile phone was manufactured that did not have tracking capability when powered on or off (as long as the battery is not completely dead). regardless, it is a non issue since 99% of mobile phones now are digital, either GSM/CDMA/IDEN and a few straggling TDMA's. especially with the GPRS system being put into place sometime around 1999 there is no need to 'ping' a device. your phone constantly registers with the nearest tower, even when it is not turned on, this is why you can just pull it out of your pocket and start dialing. also if you will notice on your phone, it uses the towers to keep the correct time, etc. it is IMPORTANT that investigators look into TOWER logs, not CALL logs. the tower logs can show everywhere you have been since you have had mobile service, it updates every few seconds. sorry for the long explaination, i know its not totally related to the thread, but if you are interested in mobile networks, etc let me know I have tons of docs and we have a whole community of people who are always willing to share knowledge.

the most important issue related to the search is that ALL phones do this. so if the perp was carrying a phone, the logs will somewhat match that of Mickey's phone. keep in mind, because of the size of lafayette, i am sure upto 50 maybe more other phones may slightly match that of Mickey's but having 50 people to talk to in the hopes of maybe getting a lead is better than 0 people to talk to and no chance of getting a lead.

it is just a suggestion

AndiLA, i believe it was 1994, i can double check my docs for exact date, that the last mobile phone was manufactured that did not have tracking capability when powered on or off (as long as the battery is not completely dead). regardless, it is a non issue since 99% of mobile phones now are digital, either GSM/CDMA/IDEN and a few straggling TDMA's. especially with the GPRS system being put into place sometime around 1999 there is no need to 'ping' a device. your phone constantly registers with the nearest tower, even when it is not turned on, this is why you can just pull it out of your pocket and start dialing. also if you will notice on your phone, it uses the towers to keep the correct time, etc. it is IMPORTANT that investigators look into TOWER logs, not CALL logs. the tower logs can show everywhere you have been since you have had mobile service, it updates every few seconds. sorry for the long explaination, i know its not totally related to the thread, but if you are interested in mobile networks, etc let me know I have tons of docs and we have a whole community of people who are always willing to share knowledge.

the most important issue related to the search is that ALL phones do this. so if the perp was carrying a phone, the logs will somewhat match that of Mickey's phone. keep in mind, because of the size of lafayette, i am sure upto 50 maybe more other phones may slightly match that of Mickey's but having 50 people to talk to in the hopes of maybe getting a lead is better than 0 people to talk to and no chance of getting a lead.

it is just a suggestion

There mustve been some way they were trying to (or able) to track it because I remember at one of the searches in the early days of her missing, they were requesting for her friends or others to stop calling her cell phone because it was throwing off whatever they were trying to do.

Wonder if the other pic shows both the truck and Mickey? Hoping today brings answers.

In "Update IV" released on May 25th, 2012 by LPD:

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

"Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street." <snip> "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video AFTER Mickey Shunick traveled on BOTH streets."

Carefully worded IMO. When I reread that it makes me believe she was stalked from Ryan Street, bumped intentionally and abducted.

There mustve been some way they were trying to (or able) to track it because I remember at one of the searches in the early days of her missing, they were requesting for her friends or others to stop calling her cell phone because it was throwing off whatever they were trying to do.

Well, that's interesting.

And the paint transfer, if true, will make it a lot easier to rule out any VOIs.

I'd also like to think LE have checked local bodyshop's/garages just in case a white truck recently had a front end repair/respray.

this is new info to me, about white paint on the bike...

this says hit with a door or the side of a vehicle and could show intent...

even a painted bumper hitting a bike from the rear hard enough to cause "some" damage but not "major" damage would be unlikely to leave paint (hitting first a tire)...

do we know if the bike had been run over (this should be easy)

is my logic sound?

this is new info to me, about white paint on the bike...

this says hit with a door or the side of a vehicle and could show intent...

even a painted bumper hitting a bike from the rear hard enough to cause "some" damage but not "major" damage would be unlikely to leave paint (hitting first a tire)...

do we know if the bike had been run over (this should be easy)

is my logic sound?

Yes, I was thinking a bumper wouldn't necessarily leave much paint - depending on the bumper.

I think all the Websleuther's wives and husbands should meet up for an all day event somewhere....and leave us alone to figure out this case! LOL

From day one, I have read as many pages of Mickey's threads as I can...but I still seem to miss things. Am I now understanding that LE has photos of the VOI that we have not seen?

I really hate white trucks.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...kup-driver?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The white pickup seen on a surveillance video just after a missing UL student biked the same area has two distinguishing features: 18-inch alloy wheels and a Z71 sticker.

Has LE released anything further regarding the tire tracks near the bike recovery scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member