LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that I was doing yesterday, going stir crazy when the internet went off, luckily I had already had google earth open and it didn't go off, so I could look around. Is this big parking lot still an empty one, or has something now been built on it?

Attachments

• totacobell.jpg
    totacobell.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 29
Gosh....I really wish you guys would talk about the white truck. :croc:
All that's keeping me from being out the door to WalMart right now is the tense fear I might miss posts about white trucks while I'm gone!

Your 2 posts together make total sense.

So... if the truck on Versailles is the same VOI truck on Landry, then it was definitely following her. And it had to have started following her from the very beginning of her route. If it wasn't, it would have passed her (at least on St. John St.). It also seems like an odd (zigzag) route for a vehicle.

If the White Truck was following her along Versailles Blvd. and down St. John maybe it got caught at the lights at St. John/St. Landry @ University. Perhaps intentionally so as not to make her aware she was being followed?

Does anyone know how long those lights are at 2am? Would Mickey have crossed on a red if there were no cars coming along University?

Would the truck bed of the z71 be painted white or does it have a black truck bed liner?

IF there's paint on Mickey's bike, could it have gotten on it when the perp tossed the bike into the truck bed?

I think most newer models have a bed liner. But even if it didnt, i dont think a large enough chunk of paint would get onto the bike simply from tossing it into the back of the truck. I would think it would need to be a pretty substantial amount. But we wont know for sure regardless until LE publicly states what forensics got from the bike

it is also possible that the z71 truck is also a possible witness to something else they could have on camera that they do not want released to the general public.

moo
:moo:

Such as what? Theft near the hospital??
Or the truck picked the bike after something else had already happened to Mickey (with her bike left behind)?!!!!!!????

Thats my thought.

I am thinking they released the three VOI pictures to get witnesses to come forward and released the bike pictures to further jog the memories of anyone in that location at that time of night.

I think a lot is going on that we are not aware of.. and I think they are playing this very close to the vest.

I bet when this is all said and done we could quite possibly all be shocked at what we didn't know/what wasn't investigatively released.

just my opinion of course

I did some cleaning up of the truck.

Not well cleaning...but cleaning.

Looks extended cab.

Attachments

• z71.png
    z71.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 89
Unless I can see the bike in the water for myself, then that is somebodies estimate. If they need to show me eight pictures to describe one place, then they may as well admit they are guessing.

I want contact Advertiser reporter Amanda McElfresh and clarify the location, if she can. She was there. I want to make sure she understands what the different parts of Whiskey Bay are called and see where she says it was.

I work with a few oilfield companies. Usually they employ the use of the GMC Sierra 2500HD, as well as a few work trucks (think compartment, big butt trucks). I have rarely seen a Z-71 as a work vehicle.

Stinks that GM manufactures both vehicles: GMC and Chevrolet.

That depends on the company and the position. My ex-husband and my Dad are both Mud Engineers- their trucks aren't work trucks and are more sporty. Also, some people use personal vehicles (independant contractors) and those would be parked in the same lots if heading offshore.

Based on the LPD releases (Update IV on May 25th) it seems quite possible that the VOI was viewed at Versailles Blvd. & St. John also. Probably caught on the MidSouth Bank camera. Remember the headlights behind Mickey on Versailles? JMO.

I have been tossing this idea around as well-that she was followed from around Parkside/Versailles down St. John to St. Landry. We have not been told where the z71 came from nor did we see pictures that it came from W. University which leaves us with A: it came from the opposite side of University and may be visible in the pic with Mickey or B: it came from St. John and crossed University. Even if the truck didn't follow her all the way we are actually talking about a short distance. Both W vermillion and W Convent are straight shots to St John from Jefferson St where a lot oc clubs would have been closing at that time. A vehicle parked on those streets or driving from downtown may have turned left on St John and started following her.

There's also the possibility she has been observed taking this route before a d followed then as well. The car parked in front of the bank
may be involved as a lookout and an accomplice. The truck may have followed her down to St Landry and LCG where she turned and cut over to Azalea St heading towards St Mary. The car parked at the bank may have turned from Versailles left onto Parkside, ignored the tiny stretch of one-way (it's 2 AM) crossed over University to where Azelia and parkside meet while the truck followed her back there and they corned her in the dark section behind LCG where a section of Azelia dead ends.

Having said all that when the pics were first released I drove down St Landry and got some very bad vibes as I drove past Lourdes old hospital and the strip of medical places. There was very little lighting and I don't think the businesses had outside lights on ( or not many). There was not much lighting from the hospital either. I can't figure out the street lights if they are motion Sw sores as the number lit changes, making me wonder if it was really dark there the night Mickey vanished. There is always the possibility there is more footage and we are not being told about it.

Just throwing out some thoughts...

Dispatch said no one called it in yet. So its hard to say whats actually going on. All we know is what LE tells us. And right now we're just supposed to be on the lookout for a z71. *shrugs*

Did your suspicious truck have the correct wheels? Perhaps it didn't match the info they already have on that white truck?? And then they had reason to ignore the tip given how many are coming in?

Has anyone ever seen a bike floating ...anywhere?

I think it could been hovering below the surface, but not sunk. Things filled with air in fast-moving water can do that. Then when the current takes it toward the bank the water gets shallower and shallower until the bike lodges near the bank.. along with the collected trash.

My proposed drift path

I am thinking they released the three VOI pictures to get witnesses to come forward and released the bike pictures to further jog the memories of anyone in that location at that time of night.

I think a lot is going on that we are not aware of.. and I think they are playing this very close to the vest.

I bet when this is all said and done we could quite possibly all be shocked at what we didn't know/what wasn't investigatively released.

just my opinion of course

Right. 100% agree. I think all the info is gonna be dumped on us all at once. Seems like theyre waiting until they have all their ducks in a row and are making sure they have everything they need before telling us anything else.

That depends on the company and the position. My ex-husband and my Dad are both Mud Engineers- their trucks aren't work trucks and are more sporty. Also, some people use personal vehicles (independant contractors) and those would be parked in the same lots if heading offshore.

My mistake, I should have said the companies I'm familiar with.

Such as what? Theft near the hospital??
Or the truck picked the bike after something else had already happened to Mickey (with her bike left behind)?!!!!!!????

not sure what... but the last truck was behind Mickey by a minute so most likely passed her in 30-40 seconds from the time it was caught on camera there. I am just speculating that the z71 could be a possible witness to whatever happened to Mickey... vs being the 'perp'

Did your suspicious truck have the correct wheels? Perhaps it didn't match the info they already have on that white truck?? And then they had reason to ignore the tip given how many are coming in?

It did indeed. Since LE never showed, I ran the plate and followed the occupants a bit and they seemed completely clean. But still, LE wouldnt know that withought showing up because I didnt tell them the plate number....come to think of it, they didnt even ASK for the plate number. Leading me to believe even more that theyre not overly concerned with the truck and just want to talk to them as a witness since they were in the area.

PHB, like the previous poster said, even with the tires totally inflated, a bike sinks like a rock. groing up i was the one always trying new stunts in our pool and ending up having to get my parents to help me fish my bmx out of the pool :)

Depending on how old you were, a BMX wasn't that light back then. Maybe a modern Schwinn of this type is ultra-light? And big tires (more air)?

Did anything ever come of the reported sighting of a green van with TN plates that allegedly cut off a cyclist earlier that evening (Friday, May 18th)? The female cyclist said that the van deliberately blocked her from continuing along a street in the general area where Mickey disappeared. At the last minute the van supposedly peeled off. Apparently the incident WAS reported to LE.

(If this is indeed considered a rumor and I am to be tortured accordingly, please let it be anything but that gigantic needle!)

Unscripted - Do you have a link for this information on the Green Van?

I am interested in the Tennessee plate issue, because, Holly Bobo was abducted from Tennessee.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member