LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ACI, if that parking lot that I just pointed out in my above post is still not being used, that would or could have been a very good spot to pull into, and do whatever the perp wanted to do, without being noticed. AND, St Mary's is heading toward the Taco Bell and then onto Johnson.

Right. 100% agree. I think all the info is gonna be dumped on us all at once. Seems like theyre waiting until they have all their ducks in a row and are making sure they have everything they need before telling us anything else.

Statistically speaking, disappearances that go unsolved for 2 weeks... how many ever get solved? Is there anything that stands out about this case that makes it seem that they have more info than for an average disappearance (that is my hope:sheesh:)

chicken,

Dont mean to pry--
Are you sick? I have MS and I am unable to volunteer in the heat and humidity and it really upsets me. I want to help when I arrive, but would be useless.

If so, I wish for cooler weather for Acadiana, it's the least a Hippie mama can do.

LA

Recovering from total hip replacement, shoulder surgery, and have a collapsed disc in ny back. Can't walk very far.

not sure what... but the last truck was behind Mickey by a minute so most likely passed her in 30-40 seconds from the time it was caught on camera there. I am just speculating that the z71 could be a possible witness to whatever happened to Mickey... vs being the 'perp'

Thats a good possibility too!!

ACI, if that parking lot that I just pointed out in my above post is still not being used, that would or could have been a very good spot to pull into, and do whatever the perp wanted to do, without being noticed. AND, St Mary's is heading toward the Taco Bell and then onto Johnson.

Not sure which parking lot that is. But if she went down to St. Mary she'd be caught on the 215 St. Landry cam. Perhaps she was, but LE says no so we have to assume she didnt go down to St. Mary. But Im going to go check and see what that is this afternoon.

5. Mickey is now following the car that has just turned at the corner of University & Landry, white truck of interest has now been following her since she was on Versailles.

6. White truck still following Mickey in front of CircleK.

Times may vary, but basically we have the car in front of Mickey, crossing paths with her at University and Landry as he made the turn, she would have been waiting to cross at the intersection, she is then following him up Landry. The other white truck passes the car on Landry, then at the intersection of Landry and University he turns onto University.

Those two vehicle have now been ruled out. Meanwhile back, Mickey is being followed by our Z 71. Whew, hope you all can follow.

BBM: If the above is actually what happened, then the two vehicles that have been omitted had to have seen MS....and LE is just keeping silent about it. And it took 1 +/- minute for the Z71 and MS to get from Versailles to the Circle K, because IIRC, the time on that first camera was 1:47.

If all this is true...she had to know he was following her...and tried to divert thru a parking lot. IMO

Prolly been brought up before & would require more than one perp, but has it been considered that MS's bike may have been hit by an opened vehicle door to disable her?

What's bugging the HECK out of me is that we have NO good report on where the bike was found. That makes a big difference, as to which waterway it was in - the Pilot Channel, or the Work Canal. Without this piece of info, we can't make much more progress. I would really like to call Amanda McElfresh tomorrow at the Advertiser and personally ask her where - because I'm thinking she herself didn't understand the correct terminology for the location - but I likely can't reach her.
I am under the impression the bike was found by the 'work canal' since media has reported it was near the boat ramp. Is there a boat ramp into the pilot channel at the WB exit? If not, I suppose that would confirm the bike was in the 'work canal'.

They released 2 video stills of the car, even though one was just a blur. They released 2 of the unrelated white truck. Why not release the other picture of the truck they want us to look for? Hm.

We now have white paint showing on Mickey's bike? If the bumper is chrome, did he then sideswipe the bike somehow?

I think the VOI is a 2007+ model that has a fender that is body coloured on each corner and the centre section is chrome.

A question I'd like to ask you mamamia54, is how far in yards is it from the Circle K to the camera that caught the Olds 98 outside the apartments?

Thanks

Statistically speaking, disappearances that go unsolved for 2 weeks... how many ever get solved? Is there anything that stands out about this case that makes it seem that they have more info than for an average disappearance (that is my hope:sheesh:)

Sierra LaMar went missing and her perp was arrested 60 some days later. LE knew who the perp was a week or so into the case but was able to keep a tight lid on it.

It is very possible to be solved and also for the public to not know a thing about what is going on in the investigation (this is for good reason).

It did indeed. Since LE never showed, I ran the plate and followed the occupants a bit and they seemed completely clean. But still, LE wouldnt know that withought showing up because I didnt tell them the plate number....come to think of it, they didnt even ASK for the plate number. Leading me to believe even more that theyre not overly concerned with the truck and just want to talk to them as a witness since they were in the area.

i called a Z71 in yesterday about 2pm. the lady that answered sounded a bit nervous so i'm suspecting she may have been a volunteer. She did ask for the plate number and our location. the guy pulled in and parked in a shopping center. i didn't hang around to see if they came looking for him. i just don't see how they can accomplish anything without a structured way to elliminate the trucks that have been checked. they seriously need to consider some sort of tagging system so the public's help isn't a hinderance.

Unscripted - Do you have a link for this information on the Green Van? I am interested in the Tennessee plate issue, because, Holly Bobo was abducted from Tennessee. Thanks!

It was on this WS Forum, on thread #1 or #2. I'll track it down...

It really does seem like LE is holding back a lot of info, thus making it seem like they have some good intel/evidence. I can only hope this is true and the case is resolved soon.

Not sure which parking lot that is. But if she went down to St. Mary she'd be caught on the 215 St. Landry cam. Perhaps she was, but LE says no so we have to assume she didnt go down to St. Mary. But Im going to go check and see what that is this afternoon.

I marked it better. If he had her inside the truck, he could have taken her down there to the parking lot. There looks to be, further back behind the parking lot, tractor trailers. Don't know what that would be.

Attachments

• parkinglot02.jpg
    parkinglot02.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 30
I think the VOI is a 2007+ model that has a fender that is body coloured on each corner and the centre section is chrome.

A question I'd like to ask you mamamia54, is how far in yards is it from the Circle K to the camera that caught the Olds 98 outside the apartments?

Thanks

I need to have you ask ACI about that, because I wouldn't have any clue. Good question.

I am thinking they released the three VOI pictures to get witnesses to come forward and released the bike pictures to further jog the memories of anyone in that location at that time of night.

I think a lot is going on that we are not aware of.. and I think they are playing this very close to the vest.

I bet when this is all said and done we could quite possibly all be shocked at what we didn't know/what wasn't investigatively released.

just my opinion of course

Not sure, but have pics of the actual bike been released, after it was located at Whiskey Bay?

Sierra LaMar went missing and her perp was arrested 60 some days later. LE knew who the perp was a week or so into the case but was able to keep a tight lid on it.

It is very possible to be solved and also for the public to not know a thing about what is going on in the investigation (this is for good reason).

^ This

There are some investigations where you can flat out tell they don't know **** from the get-go. This does not seem like one of them

Can you give a location for the lot please? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member