LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask guys, but there has been two new threads since I've last read anything and it seems something is going on about a person name McGee. Would someone be kind enough to fill me in very quickly, please? TIA!

A couple thoughts, for non-locals, in case this into begins to develop: I used to teach public school in Breaux Bridge.

It is a different world over there from Lafayette. Mickey is basically a Louisiana city girl. Over there, once you cross the Bayou Teche, those people in St. Martin Parish are still as Cajun-country as it gets. The people are very different. Folks not from down here don't understand. The families stay there for generation after generation. All the roads are named after someone's grandpa. Everyone knows each other. Traditional education is giving next to bottom priority, in general. The kids have an OUTDOORS education. I also taught in a couple Lafayette schools, and there was a stark difference. They are wild....party hard - live hard - hunt hard - my students used to be late to school a lot out hunting in the morning. Crawfish ponds are everywhere, and cane fields. The area is very poor compared to most of Lafayette. To them, Lafayette is the big city.

The families are TIGHT, like an organism.... everyone knows each other's business, and entire extended families have reputations for different character traits. Everything gets done on the basis of not what you know, but who you know. Oh sure, it's like that in Lafayette to, but this is the heartland of Cajuns.

The reason I'm saying all this... is that out-of-town folks here should realize that it could get and messy. Political corruption is the Louisiana sport. In little places like the Breaux-Bridge, St. Martinville, etc. area, it's just in the DNA. There are intrigues and dramas and emotional decisions made all the time that have just as mjuch to do with who is fighting whom, as to the actually issue at hand.

So..... that preamble said, the Cajun Net is flying. This case may very well be getting worked out in back-room conversations between different factions of relatives. If this kid is found to be involved, his family will likely protect him. But, as word gets out, it will become a huge furor - all the women on the phones trying to sort it out. The police may even be presented a fait accompli. Because though his family may try to protect him, that's a Catholic, God-fearing area. Pressure to protect him will be faced with even greater mouth-to-mouth pressure to surrender him. It will be fought out on the Cajun Net before we ever hear of it here on the Internet.

But - in the end - this Cajun community will do the right thing. If ANYONE in Breaux Bridge knows what happened, it WILL spill. The truth WILL come out, as the entire community begins to buzz. If he gets implicated in this, the people of that area will not stop until he has been forced to confess. Crazy, wild, flawed, hearty, gossipy people they are, they won't hide him. If he's in Breaux Bridge, he will be brought to justice. The character of the community that I know, will ensure it.

I totally agree and could not have written this any better. Bravo, chicken that is fried. Bravo.

this . . . I should have provided the link.

Oh! I see! I'm sorry, must be a comprehension glitch somewhere.

I think in PA, even if someone turns in to your path, if you hit them, it's your fault. Because you're supposed to have control of your vehicle, yada, yada

OK, I see it now. It's just in the background of a pic of VC, who was one of the 2 guys in the vehicle with McGee when the fatal accident occured. It's hard to tell whether he really has a connection to that white truck or not, it's just in the background of one pic (it does have a chrome gas tank door but that could easily be coincidental). VC's truck is obviously silver and doesn't look like the truck we are looking for.

Correct!! :)

No theres not. Lot going on right now public hasnt been made aware of. But I will say LE knows a good bit about whats what.

You're saying that same thing again.... argh.... it keeps giving me hope but I'm scared of having hope that they will solve it.

Does it have a Z71 decal like you can see on this truck, behind and above the wheel in front of the tail light?

12630270_max.jpg

i see running boards on the VIO?!

Nicely put. That's a tough name to search. There are at least 3 million(ish)
i think the only reason i found him so easily was the mutual friend. they always pop up on top if you have a mutual. i went to school in natchitoches at LSMSA with a guy from south louisiana. im assuming they must be from the same town. im assuming its the one from Thibodeaux that went to ULL were speaking of? or the other passenger in the hit and run?

Welcome to the good ole boy network. He has a very prominent last name in the small town circuit.

I gathered he may have been drunk and left the scene but they couldn't prove he caused the accident (intent I suppose)

One of the passengers mentioned in the article from the hit/run is on RM FB friend list. He has a couple of public photo albums. There is one picture of him posing in front of what it looks like a 4 door, white truck, with a chrome running board/bar.

MrsPeck - if you are referring to this vehicle, belonging to VS, I would have to disagree with your opinion that its white, with a chrome running board. Maybe you are seeing a different pic? This is the truck in many of his pictures.

Attachments

• 398232_337020029701766_100001813160573_758953_587782990_n.jpg
    398232_337020029701766_100001813160573_758953_587782990_n.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 95
And, I can see him getting in all the good time he can, the closer sentencing gets!

Yes, and no doubt his attorney is working to whittle that sentence down to a slap on the wrist which he can only accomplish if his client stays on his best behavior.

someone finally posted a link to the independent article on the MS FB

MrsPeck - if you are referring to this vehicle, belonging to VS, I would have to disagree with your opinion that its white, with a chrome running board. Maybe you are seeing a different pic? This is the truck in many of his pictures.

There is another truck, it is white, seen in I think 2 or 3 pics (one with snow).

:furious: So why isn't this %$#* in prison :jail: for vehicular manslaughter??!!

:banghead:

My guess would be family had connections. Another consideration is knowing more about the person killed (I haven't looked into this, but I would have my suspicions).

i think the only reason i found him so easily was the mutual friend. they always pop up on top if you have a mutual. i went to school in natchitoches at LSMSA with a guy from south louisiana. im assuming they must be from the same town. im assuming its the one from Thibodeaux that went to ULL were speaking of? or the other passenger in the hit and run?

A passenger in mcgee's vehicle

I'm confusing myself, I should probably zip it :silenced:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members