LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsPeck - if you are referring to this vehicle, belonging to VS, I would have to disagree with your opinion that its white, with a chrome running board. Maybe you are seeing a different pic? This is the truck in many of his pictures.

Yes, I was referring to a different picture of him. He's posing with his shirt off in front of a truck that looks very similar to the VOI in one of the public albums.

I totally agree and could not have written this any better. Bravo, chicken that is fried. Bravo.

My only fear is what some LE have labeled the "Cajun code of silence" in other cases around here. Because there is somewhat of an unwritten code.

i think the only reason i found him so easily was the mutual friend. they always pop up on top if you have a mutual. i went to school in natchitoches at LSMSA with a guy from south louisiana. im assuming they must be from the same town. im assuming its the one from Thibodeaux that went to ULL were speaking of? or the other passenger in the hit and run?

LSMSA - kudos!

Let's see, RM left the scene, was DUI and did not have a DL. I understand it.

I don't see that part of the story. Anyway don't bother. Here's my case - If a 17 yo gets wrongfully accused, is already a high risk kid, is making wrong decisions already and then has to deal with paying for something that wasn't his fault -- what does that do?

I don't know this kid, now man I guess. But, my first reaction, when I read the article that's been linked here several times now, was 'huh'?

You're right I must have missed something.

What I hate more than anything is people who somehow end up being scapegoats to the benefit of others. I hate that with a passion.

That's what my comment was about a few pages back. People have had this name for at least two days in town and know the background yet it's just now being mentioned officially ----- and even then only by the Independent. Where's our local news media when there is news?

They're waiting on permission from those who control most of what goes on around here. Apparently, it's not news until the right people say so. On a similar topic, why the heck was Dee Stanley at the scene on the search last night?

Okay, now - obviously LE is going to want to talk to people convicted of felony leaving the scene of an accident. Anything else that suggests he's our boy?

A passenger in mcgee's vehicle

I'm confusing myself, I should probably zip it :silenced:

yes. one of the men who was in mcgee's vehicle in the first accident (the only one were sure of as of now) is a friend of one of my friends. i cant seem to find the other guy who is being referenced as being friends with rocky mcgee and in the vehicle in the original accident. sorry if im not being clear enough. : ( im trying. lol

There is another truck, it is white, seen in I think 2 or 3 pics (one with snow).

I am seeing a white truck through an NM's facebook as well. The truck is marked an FX4 though.

OK, I see it now. It's just in the background of a pic of VC, who was one of the 2 guys in the vehicle with McGee when the fatal accident occured. It's hard to tell whether he really has a connection to that white truck or not, it's just in the background of one pic (it does have a chrome gas tank door but that could easily be coincidental). VC's truck is obviously silver and doesn't look like the truck we are looking for.

Took of the tool box, put on a bed cover and was the truck that was cleared?

Okay, now - obviously LE is going to want to talk to people convicted of felony leaving the scene of an accident. Anything else that suggests he's our boy?

He's all we got right now?

SCHMIDTY - I think that means that the station is tweeting that they will have a report with new developments on their 10pm newscast.

Ok I've had a lot to catch up on. One thing I want to say...I've seen several people suggesting to call the tip line and report that a "troll" posted about McGee on GLP three days ago. Fairly certain they already know this, no need to call it in. They are monitoring these sites.

It's the zombie threads that convinced me to avoid it.

I'm not saying there's never valuable information, but the presentation makes it tough to take seriously.

Reddit is literally the front page of the Internet. Millions of posters, thousands of forums.

I've posted at GLP for seven years. It has breaking news long before the MSM hears it as a rumor. It's always been that way. Yes, people discuss the paranormal, conspiracy, criminal politics, aliens and UFOs, but that just adds to the fact the posters are out of the box thinkers and MANY have inside information from anything like troop movements to crime. There is no better site for breaking news. However, I understand that mainstream folks don't cotton to the atmosphere. Anyway, this poster was right and I'm not surprised that someone there knew something.

IF McGill is involved with whatever has happened to Mickey, I would not (because of his prior) assume it was a drunk driving 'accident'. This could still be a straight up abduction. I also have a hard time imagining someone plastered drunk being able to scoop up their victim, her bike, and all evidence, and be gone before anyone witnessed it.

Can you give us any tips on what to bring &I wear? Also, is there a minimum time you are required to stay? (Some of us have kidos through we will eventually have to get back to.
This has prob already been answered, but what I suggest is long pants minimum .. I like brush pants because I search a lot, tennis shoes minimum .. I like boots with an aggressive tread, hat, stick (buy one or find one). There should be water, mosquito repellent and sun screen there for you. Youre not reqd to stay. Drive yourself if you need to leave early and tell your TL if you have to go .. not a problem. There are medical supplies there and even a nurse, believe it or not. She took my blood pressure a few times.

They're waiting on permission from those who control most of what goes on around here. Apparently, it's not news until the right people say so. On a similar topic, why the heck was Dee Stanley at the scene on the search last night?

The questioning may have given a location to search in which case Stanley would want to be there if they found anything, I would think.

i went with a search group today. i wont say where exactly we were, in case there are bad people reading this thread....but suffice it to say that we were at least 10 miles from lafayette( and not at whiskey bay)

no big news from headQ. we are just hitting the ground, doing what we can.

(i went through the most densely wooded area for 3 hours...after lots of thorns, sweat, and spiders, i need a drink.)
Thankyou for not disclosing where you searched at.

Does anyone know if any of the news stations are doing a live broadcast?

That GLP poster was not a troll! He was telling the truth.

People make a huge mistake underestimating GLP. It's a HUGE site with upwards of over 1000 posters on at any time. People from all the world post there and it's THE best site I have ever seen on breaking news.

People from other worlds visit there too. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member