LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, 20/20 on Investigation Discovery covering the Powell Case!

PLEASE DON'T FUSS AT ME MODS. My family in Henderson has informed me McGee has been released it was not him.

I'm hanging on to the abduction theory, too. Valid points about an intoxicated driver pulling off the grab & go.

Same thinking here---i would say he knew her, had some friends and were up to no good (he did have friends that helped him run from the scene of a fatal accident), or along those lines :-/ So scary and sad. I still hope for alive and well!

Mother's crawfish etouffee omlette in NOLA is my FAVORITE!

(and the hickory coffee)

sorry.. just had to share that

I think you meant to say chickory, nurse. :) Ahhh...I can't start my dsy without 2-3 cups.

Don't know if this is the same guy as that was leaving the cryptic clues at GLP, but someone left posts last night and this evening that lead you to believe the author knows what is going down. I won't post his screen name. He said that McGee and his damaged truck were taken into custody last night by a large contingent of police. This he said has not been reported by the MSM. That could explain the rumors coming out of Henderson.

Lafayette police, of course, are denying anyone is in custody.

It does make me wonder. If he is a troll, he is convincing.

That site is infested with trolls. It's hard to believe anything that you read there.

If Le is still asking for help in finding the truck...not so sure about all these rumors. Surely they would not want people calling in zillions of tips if they already had the vehicle and suspect...JMO

if you notice from someone elses quote a couple of posts back, viewers of the local news tonight were told to contact the private investigator with information, with no mention made of contacting actual LE.

Probably related. Everyone there with the same last name is, one way or the other. That place is a kick.... great band and dancing on the levee.

If people from Henderson are involved, that fits with Whiskey Bay.

They also give swamp tours...just saying!

Is this guy RM married?

Mods, delete this if it is inappropriate...

There was rumor on here last night that got deleted saying that the guy was recorded saying what he did and the police would never find the body. Another rumor today I heard from a wife of a sheriff deputy was that it was a wife that turned her husband in. Supposedly they guy hit her by accident and got scared. It was supposed to be on the 10:00 news but apparently it was just a rumor once again.

I don't see why LCG's CAO needs to be on-site during a night search two parishes away. He would have no authority there. He's not a member of LE.. Any warrant that would be issued in his parish (Lafayette) would have to go through the DA.. I really can't find a logical reason.

This would be because the head honchos know what's going on -and jurisdictions in S. LA can be a VERY tricky thing. Remember that Whiskey Bay is in Iberville Parish, Breaux Bridge in St. Martin Parish, and Lafayette in Lafayette Parish. Explains it to me.

And I think someone else posted earlier that he wouldn't need to drive on I-10 to dump the bike as he would know ALL about the levee roads.

(I have a friend from Henderson, and we call him a levee rat.)

Originally Posted by perpetual curiosity View Post
I don't see why LCG's CAO needs to be on-site during a night search two parishes away. He would have no authority there. He's not a member of LE.. Any warrant that would be issued in his parish (Lafayette) would have to go through the DA.. I really can't find a logical reason.

Stuff down here gets done by the head men, and they TELL the DA what to do. Not like Law & Order - lol

This would be because the head honchos know what's going on -and jurisdictions in S. LA can be a VERY tricky thing. Remember that Whiskey Bay is in Iberville Parish, Breaux Bridge in St. Martin Parish, and Lafayette in Lafayette Parish. Explains it to me.

I like you, Fried. You're a No BS person.

You and Lava (post above) both have good points. I still wouldn't help, but I completely see what both of you are saying, and could see why someone may.

All I know about RM is what I read in the article that a few people linked for me (TY, BTW). Who is VS - I'm assuming someone who was with him in the accident when he was 17? So, how did LE begin to speculate about RM? Something must've tipped them off to question him, I'm assuming...?

I was wondering what led them to question McGee also, and how the media found out they questioned him.

I totally agree with you that I could never cover up a crime, but it's apparent that people like McGee and his friends cannot be compared to me (and you).

I have a feeling there is a lot of truth to these rumors, but I'm still holding on hope that they are holding Mickey captive and she's going to be found alive. I know it's naive but I can't allow myself to believe the worst.

Support of the family as community representative if nothing else.

(Yes, I typed that with a straight face. I do not like the man or what he stands for.)

I really think that posts like this contribute to the length of these threads. Please read ahead or check MSM.

If it happens to please you, I did check the official FB pages for Mickey, Charlie's FB, as well as the only news page/twitter page that I know of in Lafayette. None of which I saw anything about it. If I might point out, you are doing exactly what you're asking me NOT to do. It's very frustrating and I've run into this a few times with people on Mickey's thread in particular. It takes nothing but a second to answer a quick question, if you're willing to. If you're not then please ignore my post. If I ask, it's because I was unable to find it on the pages that I know to look and this is my last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3