LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Picture of car, driving up University past cemetery. At Universsity and St Landry he makes a right driving past CircleK and continues on down Landry in the background of picture a white truck is coming in the opposite direction toward the Circle K.

2. Picture of white truck going in the opposite direction of Mickey at the CircleK, ready to make a left onto University, same as one in the upper right and corner with the car.

3. Same white truck, now driving on University going past cemetery.

4. Mickey biking down Versailles, upper right hand corner, faint white truck following her.

Continued on next post, have exceeded limit on pictures.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 53
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 50
  • mickey2.jpg
    mickey2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 44
  • anotherwhitetruck.jpg
    anotherwhitetruck.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 47
  • mickey3.jpg
    mickey3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
I keep worrying that THIS white truck isn't actually THE truck. Then, what. Is there yet some other white truck we don't know of.

Maybe thats why they are asking for people with info on the Z71 to call info into the PI instead of LPD because they know thats not the truck and are trying to throw off the perp and they wont have to be flooded with tips about the Z71 since its not important.

Am I right that the floating bike theory came about because some fisherman found it in the water?

I think the bike was just in very shallow water with a wheel sticking out enabling the fisherman to spot it.

With limited/poor reporting, this lead to the floating bike theory?

5. Mickey is now following the car that has just turned at the corner of University & Landry, white truck of interest has now been following her since she was on Versailles.

6. White truck still following Mickey in front of CircleK.

Times may vary, but basically we have the car in front of Mickey, crossing paths with her at University and Landry as he made the turn, she would have been waiting to cross at the intersection, she is then following him up Landry. The other white truck passes the car on Landry, then at the intersection of Landry and University he turns onto University.

Those two vehicle have now been ruled out. Meanwhile back, Mickey is being followed by our Z 71. Whew, hope you all can follow.

Attachments

• mickyonbikecirclek.jpg
    mickyonbikecirclek.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 42
  • pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
I'm another local that's been following, and had a couple of thoughts-

A large number of people in the area are employed by oil services companies, which also own alot of white trucks. Could it be that driver of the white truck in the video went offshore in the week after the disappearance? Has anyone thought to look for the truck in the parking lots for PHI and the other staging areas for offshore workers to be transported to the rigs? It would help explain why that truck hasn't been found.

Statistically speaking, most female victims of violent crime knew their attacker in some way- 64% of violent crime in 2010. That's the latest statistics I could find on the Dept of Justice site- http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv10.pdf

It seems to me that a serial type that was passing through and found a target of opportunity would be less likely to ensure that nothing was left behind. After all, he's in a new town the next day and harder to track anyway. Given the lack of evidence, I think someone took alot of care to leave nothing behind. This to me points to something other than a passing crime of opportunity.

Just my two cents.

A large number of people in the area are employed by oil services companies, which also own alot of white trucks. Could it be that driver of the white truck in the video went offshore in the week after the disappearance? Has anyone thought to look for the truck in the parking lots for PHI and the other staging areas for offshore workers to be transported to the rigs? It would help explain why that truck hasn't been found.

Statistically speaking, most female victims of violent crime knew their attacker in some way- 64% of violent crime in 2010. That's the latest statistics I could find on the Dept of Justice site- http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv10.pdf

It seems to me that a serial type that was passing through and found a target of opportunity would be less likely to ensure that nothing was left behind. After all, he's in a new town the next day and harder to track anyway. Given the lack of evidence, I think someone took alot of care to leave nothing behind. This to me points to something other than a passing crime of opportunity.

Just my two cents.

:Welcome1:

Maybe thats why they are asking for people with info on the Z71 to call info into the PI instead of LPD because they know thats not the truck and are trying to throw off the perp and they wont have to be flooded with tips about the Z71 since its not important.

Well maybe they were busy, but a few days back a suspicious newer model Z71 that was parked in the grass on the corner of St. Mary and Parkside was called in and not one officer showed up to check it out. So IMO that says they dont really care about the truck.

I just received this statement from the reporter of the Advertiser:

" I just heard from Paul Mouton at Lafayette PD. The photo is the wrong one. I’m trying to find someone to pull it and put up the correct one, the truck heading TOWARDS Lourdes and St. Mary Blvd. Sorry about that. And keep up the good work trying to find the truck!

Claire"

JurysOut, if the battery is 100% dead or taken out of the phone, it will no longer try to register on a tower. if the battery is installed in the phone and it has any charge at all, the phone will attempt to register to the nearest tower, it does not matter if the phone is powered on or if it is turned off. in your example, if drop your phone and the battery flys out, once you place the battery back into the phone it is active on the network again even if you do not turn the phone on. now if someone calls you and you have the phone turned off, of course they will get the message we all know, caller unavailable, etc, but the phone still shows up on E911 services and the cell provider. hope that helps :)

bellow i put a little info on E911

Requirements

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has several requirements applicable to wireless or mobile telephones:[3]

Basic 911:
All 911 calls must be relayed to a call center, regardless of whether the mobile phone user is a customer of the network being used.
E911 Phase 1:
Wireless network operators must identify the phone number and cell phone tower used by callers, within six minutes of a request by a PSAP.
E911 Phase 2
95% of a network operator's in-service phones must be E911 compliant ("location capable") by December 31, 2005. (Several carriers missed this deadline, and were fined by the FCC.[4])
Wireless network operators must provide the latitude and longitude of callers within 300 meters, within six minutes of a request by a PSAP.[5] Accuracy rates must meet FCC standards on average within any given participating PSAP service area by September 11, 2012 (deferred from September 11, 2008).[6]

Location information is not only transmitted to the call center for the purpose of sending emergency services to the scene of the incident, it is used by the wireless network operator to determine to which PSAP to route the call.

I thought so! Thanks so much!

I couldn't figure out how she didn't have kind of phone that relayed such info unless her phone was manufactured in 1996.

Just my two cents.

I work with a few oilfield companies. Usually they employ the use of the GMC Sierra 2500HD, as well as a few work trucks (think compartment, big butt trucks). I have rarely seen a Z-71 as a work vehicle.

Stinks that GM manufactures both vehicles: GMC and Chevrolet.

Did anything ever come of the reported sighting of a green van with TN plates that allegedly cut off a cyclist earlier that evening (Friday, May 18th)? The female cyclist said that the van deliberately blocked her from continuing along a street in the general area where Mickey disappeared. At the last minute the van supposedly peeled off. Apparently the incident WAS reported to LE.

(If this is indeed considered a rumor and I am to be tortured accordingly, please let it be anything but that gigantic needle!)

At this point the paint transfer is just a rumour according to A.C.I.

If the truck is a 2007 Silverado crew cab, they tend to have body colour fenders below each headlight.

If the truck side swiped Mickey, the pedal of her bike could have gouged the paint on the fender and/or the side of the truck for example.

Just one scenario of what could have happened. Without more info from LE, we're stuck.

Exactly. Each end of the bumper matches the paint and contour of the front fender. That can also be a 2007 and up model I believe. So that puts 5 model years of trucks out there and white is popular. Thats a lot of trucks to narrow down, but I bet it does have scraped on one end of the front bumper, fender and possibly door if it was thrown open as the truck passed her. Even if it run over the skids on mine are aluminum and should show some damage, scrapes or possible a part of the bike could get wedged under it. If the perp is smart they are doing a lot of buffing and work on their truck. It would only take one paint fleck to sink them, and forensics would find that eventually.

5. Mickey is now following the car that has just turned at the corner of University & Landry, white truck of interest has now been following her since she was on Versailles.

6. White truck still following Mickey in front of CircleK.

Times may vary, but basically we have the car in front of Mickey, crossing paths with her at University and Landry as he made the turn, she would have been waiting to cross at the intersection, she is then following him up Landry. The other white truck passes the car on Landry, then at the intersection of Landry and University he turns onto University.

Those two vehicle have now been ruled out. Meanwhile back, Mickey is being followed by our Z 71. Whew, hope you all can follow.

Following!! Very well done!!

:please: Let today be the day.

Not sure this will work, is this the gas station?

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=University+%26+Landry+Lafayette+la&hl=en&ll=30.220703,-92.023534&spn=0.006684,0.009645&sll=30.220703,-92.023542&layer=c&cbp=13,150.47,,0,30.06&cbll=30.220588,-92.023658&hnear=W+University+Ave+%26+St+Landry+St,+Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=h&z=17&panoid=ggDUf13YmjfsIN3sKD0sXw"]University & Landry Lafayette la - Google Maps[/ame]

the questions concerning tower congestion and phones that use different providers will try to each connect to there own home service tower are very valid. these situations are when, get this, the LEO's have to do work. in a city, towers are EVERYWHERE and most towers are shared by several providers. like 1 tower could be shared by ATT, sprint, and nextel, etc. in that situation, the ID's would be different but the location would be the same. in the case that you have 2 phones next to each other and for whatever reason they register on different towers, those towers will only be maybe 1 or 2 miles max away from each other. so as the 2 phones started to move you would see a pattern start to form, like phone A and phone B always seem to be on towers within 2 miles of each other and sometimes share a tower over a distance of 20 miles. its ALOT of data, like if you put your phone in debug mode or field service mode, all of that 'random' looking flow of numbers that comes up, thats the phone checking in and doing system checks. i would assume and hope agencies like the FBI would have software that could do an analysis automatically, otherwise it would be an investigator compare hundreds of pages of databases.

if you have an android phone download the free app OpenSignal from the market and it will give you a visual easy to follow real time list of towers as your phone switches between them and even show you an arrow pointing you to your current tower :) check it out, its a neat tool and all of the above will make more sense to you, and also will give you an idea of how often your location is logged

hope that helps :)

Well maybe they were busy, but a few days back a suspicious newer model Z71 that was parked in the grass on the corner of St. Mary and Parkside was called in and not one officer showed up to check it out. So IMO that says they dont really care about the truck.

Could it be it had already been called in?

If this last truck is not THE truck it could be that she indeed diverted her path, the exact route is still unkwown and they still haven't done a thorough search in the correct spot. Perhaps the perpetrator wasn't 100% immaculate but no one has really looked in the right spot.

I just received this statement from the reporter of the Advertiser:

" I just heard from Paul Mouton at Lafayette PD. The photo is the wrong one. I’m trying to find someone to pull it and put up the correct one, the truck heading TOWARDS Lourdes and St. Mary Blvd. Sorry about that. And keep up the good work trying to find the truck!

Claire"

Great, at least they care about fixing their mistakes. It's corrected.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...32/Police-continue-search-white-pickup-driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3