LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can LE and ask them to do this, if it has not been done already?

Just FYI, I needed to take a break from this and do some studying and ended up at a local coffeehouse with Sheriff's discussing the case. They said NO NEW DEVELOPMENTS as of 1 hr ago.

I am starting to worry that this story will start fading from people's minds. In addition to the fact less volunteers showed up today after a hiatus, the local papers stopped running the VOI (DQTIQ) on the front page. On on an inside page of a local paper, they had a picture of a truck, but it was the WRONG white truck going the other way on St Landry. That is our media expertise folks. shudder

Personally, my only commitments until the end of the year are to take tests. My study break used to exercise, meditate, and something fun every day. Now it is study and FIND MICKEY. I wish everyone would find time out of their work day to incorporate to FIND MICKEY anyway (websleuth, search, pray, talk, fliers, etc) into their family life routine.

We might get lucky.

Ohhhh I'm wide awake NOW

Can someone put up the pic of the other white trick? It seems that trick had a "light" in the same place (back)

How far from the truck are the gas pumps at the Circle K? Is the Circle K set way deep in the block or like normal gas stations? How many people would have actually been outside the Circle K when and if the truck impacted MS?

3 lanes, ~nine feet each .....about 27-30 feet to curb of gas station and then another 15 feet or so to closest pump

Can someone put up the pic of the other white trick? It seems that trick had a "light" in the same place (back)

I think those hang out in the Four Corners area, not in this vicinity.

Maybe someone can LE and ask them to do this, if it has not been done already?

Just FYI, I needed to take a break from this and do some studying and ended up at a local coffeehouse with Sheriff's discussing the case. They said NO NEW DEVELOPMENTS as of 1 hr ago.

I am starting to worry that this story will start fading from people's minds. In addition to the fact less volunteers showed up today after a hiatus, the local papers stopped running the VOI (DQTIQ) on the front page. On on an inside page of a local paper, they had a picture of a truck, but it was the WRONG white truck going the other way on St Landry. That is our media expertise folks. shudder

Personally, my only commitments until the end of the year are to take tests. My study break used to exercise, meditate, and something fun every day. Now it is study and FIND MICKEY. I wish everyone would find time out of their work day to incorporate to FIND MICKEY anyway (websleuth, search, pray, talk, fliers, etc) into their family life routine.

We might get lucky.

hopefully forensics will give us something from the bike soon. :please:

Ya know, I don't like this. The family, at least Mickey's sister thinks that she is still alive. Now, we think we see something. I don't like this, it's not feeling right.

I can see what you all are seeing and agree it looks like the bike could be under the truck...but I don't see how a "crime scene" would not have been located right way, even if just tiny particles, etc...it is exactly where they would have been looking, IMO, near the Circle K, especially after finding the videos.

If this is supposed to be what happened, it was caught on video.

If it was caught on video the police know.

If the police knew she was deceased, they would tell the family.

Her family IS still holding out hope that she's alive.

If the truck were raised, Mickey could have been plowed right under it.

Radio could have been on loudly. Circle K people might not have heard a thing.

Does Circle K gas station have music /news on at the pumps like Chevron?

Good point.

Although it's painful to say 'good point' about terribly things.

Ya know, I don't like this. The family, at least Mickey's sister thinks that she is still alive. Now, we think we see something. I don't like this, it's not feeling right.

Lauren's parents are the only family I can think of who admit they feel their daughter is dead, and did so, many months ago...very few ever admit it or believe in the possibility, IMO.

i dont' normally follow cases of missing persons. i tuned into nancy grace every now and then for laci peterson and caylee anthony, but i'm not a sleuther by any means.

so i'm just curious, do the families usually hire psychics? i don't believe in them, but if one of my daughters went missing, i would be tempted to try one out, ya know. i don't think i'd allow myself to, however. i know my husband wouldn't allow it for religious reasons. again, i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just curious if they do

I can see what you all are seeing and agree it looks like the bike could be under the truck...but I don't see how a "crime scene" would not have been located right way, even if just tiny particles, etc...it is exactly where they would have been looking, IMO, near the Circle K, especially after finding the videos.

It seems like they aren't looking for an actual crime sceen, they are looking for a body in the water though. Just maybe they already know where the crime scene is?

I don't think it's her. The bike would have been destroyed if it was under the truck. The noise made of the bike and Micky would have been loud - someone would have seen it happen because of the noise. Plus, the part of the picture that looks like an arm - it looks like it is something in the road that was in the picture without the truck. OTOH - the work putting this picture together is really impressive. I just don't agree it is her - hopefully we will hear something from LE soon though.

BTW, I just e-mailed the Advertiser reporter, with an attached map, asking her if she would pinpoint the bike location.
Chickenfried, Maybe you could also email this advertizer reporter and tell her that local papers in Lafayette have stopped putting VOI(DWTIQ) off the front page; and when trying to move it to an inside page, they are actually putting in a pic of a truck that has been RULED out by LE (pic of truck going other way on st landry). Or wait - are there two pics of this VOI and one I have not seen? I always look at the VOI from the rt side at the Govt building/st landry intersect. IS there also a picture of this truck where you can see the left side in front of the Govt building on st landry? If so, I stand corrected. You may ask this advertiser friend to run ALL photos of VOI so as not to confuse readers.

I wish I had the contacts many of you do, but emailing and net work is not something I like to do. Only do it if it is for work.

I am trying to figure out what contributions I can make to WS and how often I should check in. Instead of emailing and communicating with friends I know locally, I prefer to be here. I have pretty much done everything I can: post fliers, search, connect with other WS (to make videos with Becky); but I am not sure what else I can contribute. I thank Mamamia54 for her nonlocal interest and her graphics expertise immensely. Web skills are not my forte, so I am going to try not to post unless I have something to contribute after being out locally and talking OR I have some major epiphany while reading.

I lived in Lafayette until I was 7 when my maternal grandparents died; then my parents started hauling me around the world. After 20 plus years of being away, I came back only recently; so other locals know this geography better than I do.

i dont' normally follow cases of missing persons. i tuned into nancy grace every now and then for laci peterson and caylee anthony, but i'm not a sleuther by any means.

so i'm just curious, do the families usually hire psychics? i don't believe in them, but if one of my daughters went missing, i would be tempted to try one out, ya know. i don't think i'd allow myself to, however. i know my husband wouldn't allow it for religious reasons. again, i'm not trying to stir the pot, i'm just curious if they do

Yes, sometimes they do, I know that after all possibilities were exhaused, I would, and I don't even believe in them, but it would be better than not knowing? Can you even imagine, the not knowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth