LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all, she nor her bike are under that truck. If you look at the pic just of her, she's in that same spot the truck is in with no sign of the truck. So unless she stood completely still and waited a minute for the truck to come up behind her and run her over, the light or dark spot is not her..... :D

True, makes sense. We were told by LE that the picture taken of MS in that spot was at 1:48:00. The latest newspaper article published by 'The Advertiser' on June 1 has that the truck was captured on image in the same spot at about 1:48. :waitasec: is what I did when I read the time since I have the time MS was last seen (evidence of) committed to memory.

I don't know anything about trucks or the Z71 package ( which is an option package...not a type of make/model/whatever for a car.)

I just took my millionth look at the picture of the truck...does anyone else see what could be a dark colored area on the passenger side of the front bumper?

Picture%202.jpg

IMO, JMO, MOO
Man, now that I look at it again, it sure does look like the front part of the truck is raised off the road like it's rolling over something. Dude. That's just strange.

If you look at the photo of Mickey, there is no sign of the white truck behind her. The photo of the truck appears to be taken in the same spot. How fast would the truck have to travel to be in that location before she had a chance to move forward? I don't think it's physically possible, but it's an intriguing theory.

serioulsy, my new grass cutting man came by and i realized he's got a white z71 AND he lives close to the Mississippi River Bridge. I started wondering about him. it's crazy how many people have white z71s in louisiana.

....and in Minneapolis, I am discovering. Big white trucks everywhere.

A truck hitting a bicycle makes a big noise. I've heard it more than once. There is no way people at the gas station wouldn't have noticed. If the truck kept going there would have been even more noise if it was dragging a bike underneath it.

Not to mention sparks from the bike being dragged

Yep. At a minimum, the impact alone would have propelled her and the bike forward several feet. This sequence would have the viewer believe that she was hit and remained in the same spot. Laws of physics tell us otherwise.

I totally agree. But man, that gif is something when you first see it.

Man, now that I look at it again, it sure does look like the front part of the truck is raised off the road like it's rolling over something. Dude. That's just strange.

Omg. Please just let us be imagining things.

In every case where a photo or video still has been released...people have "found" things in them, i.e. Sierra's case, Lauren's case, Katelyn's case...always happens. JMO

I just remembered that I "saw" her under the driver's side back wheel of the other truck that has been cleared (from the picture of it in front of the Circle K). I also thought the truck looked like it was lifted up a little in that picture. Interesting. The light under the Z71 does make one curious, though.

If you think that's interesting, and you are wayyyy back there in the threads, just wait till you get to where we are.............

At this rate, we will be standing in line waiting for a shock therapy treatment!

Still studying the pictures, it does look like her foot is down and stopped there. If the driver was distracted in any way, texting, looking around, and just hit her right there were she stood, I can't see how she got under the truck yet, need to think more.

A.C.I. said yesterday he went and checked the area around the Imaging Center and the delivery entrance to that hospital; any results? Maybe we could also ask A.C.I. to walk through the old Lourdes hospital. If it is locked, I do not know how to get permission...

He just needs to carry a dog leash with him :/

I totally agree. But man, that gif is something when you first see it.

Yep. I had myself thinking I saw what appeared to be an arm in front of the tire.

Then I went to estimate the "throw" distance created by the impact, and...well, it's just physically impossible for that purported sequence to have taken place.

And, to someone else's point (forgive me, I forget who posted it), it does look like the truck is "running over something" by appearing slightly elevated in the front.

But how, if she got hit there, would she be in the same spot? It seems like the truck would hit and then she'd be pushed forward a little before it would be able to run her over. How could she be in the spot?

I've stuck by the drunk driving accident, panic, hide all evidence scenario from the beginning, but I just don't think this is where it happened. There is no way, unless there was some major bribing going on at the Circle K of the customers and the workers (which would have been on tape) that those people there wouldn't see anything of a girl not only getting hit, but literally run over. In the second part of the gif, with the truck, you can even see someone standing at the back of their car at the gas pump. I can't conceivably believe all of those people would have not noticed, and would have stayed quiet. And if they didn't stay quiet, Lafayette would know by now. This case has proven the power of a rumor in Lafayette.

To play out the theory someone posted later that maybe she got caught up in the undercarriage and dragged. That would have left evidence unless she was literally just swooped under the car and caught up totally. I don't see that either.

I do think LE know way more than they're telling us and the family. I think the family does know more than us. But, I don't think they have video of her getting hit.
I totally agree with you. The gifs did give me pause, though.

Have they looked at video from local hospitals to see if the truck pulled in by er and then left?
Maybe someone can LE and ask them to do this, if it has not been done already?

Just FYI, I needed to take a break from this and do some studying and ended up at a local coffeehouse with Sheriff's discussing the case. They said NO NEW DEVELOPMENTS as of 1 hr ago.

I am starting to worry that this story will start fading from people's minds. In addition to the fact less volunteers showed up today after a hiatus, the local papers stopped running the VOI (DQTIQ) on the front page. On on an inside page of a local paper, they had a picture of a truck, but it was the WRONG white truck going the other way on St Landry. That is our media expertise folks. shudder

Personally, my only commitments until the end of the year are to take tests. My study break used to exercise, meditate, and something fun every day. Now it is study and FIND MICKEY. I wish everyone would find time out of their work day to incorporate to FIND MICKEY anyway (websleuth, search, pray, talk, fliers, etc) into their family life routine.

We might get lucky.

Does anyone else have the dreadful feeling that this case is going to go cold? It makes me sick to think so, but I just have a bad feeling given so many other similar cases. Ugh.

How far from the truck are the gas pumps at the Circle K? Is the Circle K set way deep in the block or like normal gas stations? How many people would have actually been outside the Circle K when and if the truck impacted MS?

In every case where a photo or video still has been released...people have "found" things in them, i.e. Sierra's case, Lauren's case, Katelyn's case...always happens. JMO

But in Sierra's case there really were kittens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck