LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Mickey have a backpack? On Versailles it looks like she has one. On Landry I don't see it on her back. Could she have dropped it there and that's what (looks like something) is under the truck?

If that was so, there'd be video from this exact angle of someone picking a body up and a bike. They have video, not pictures. That's not what happened, no matter how convincing it seems.

I also have a hard time believing the people at Circle K didn't see anything.,..

I was going to say: But the argument could be made that LE KNOWS this is what happened and is on a mission to locate the truck, driver, and recover Mickey. While I was typing that sentence, I realize it just can't be possible that this truck ran her down right there- right across the street from Circle K and managed to what.. Back up? Make the block? And collect Mickey, her bike, and any other evidence without the people at Circle K seeing or helping... Not possible. I cannot believe that part.

Even if the driver has no intention of coming forward, surely lots of people know this person, know he/she has this truck, know it is at least possible this person would be out and about at 2am...really surprised if no anonymous tips at least pointing to a POI by now. No one lives in a vacuum.

Agreed.

OK, I think I see what you are referring to as a "gutter"...what most of the country refers to as a "storm drain".

And yes, the light appears to be on the sidewalk beyond the drain.

If you think that's interesting, and you are wayyyy back there in the threads, just wait till you get to where we are.............

Maybe they did, but only said they saw a white truck, God I hate even saying "white truck".

yes, but the would have said that they saw a white truck run over a girl. they would have called 911 immediately. this is all only possible if they didn't see anything and she and her bike were drug underneath the truck into an area out of their sight.

I don't know anything about trucks or the Z71 package ( which is an option package...not a type of make/model/whatever for a car.)

I just took my millionth look at the picture of the truck...does anyone else see what could be a dark colored area on the passenger side of the front bumper?

Picture%202.jpg

IMO, JMO, MOO

When I enlarge the picture of the truck to 150 percent, I swear I can see Mickey sitting in the back passenger side of the truck. But there is no way to know if that's my brain seeing what it expects to see combined with pixelation causing me to see what isn't there. I also 'see' a bicycle tire sticking up from the bed on the driver's side toward the back corner.

paradelia = seeing what's not there
http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/archive/Issue-July-2005/06Fox.html (read paragraphs 3,4,5&6)

During Caylee's case, I learned the word paradelia and it's meaning, after we tried to study the area visually where Caylee had been dumped. I insisted I could see her skull, people could see kitties in the trees (which became a reoccurring theme throughout the case. When kitties were mentioned on MS's threads I almost lost it). Now I have to force myself from trying to figure out if images are there or not and hope that equipment exists to do that job successfully.

Passenger or driver can get out and put her in on the left side (passeneger side)of vehicle.

Oh, man. I "see" it too but honestly I don't know if I see it because you laid it out like this or what.

My problem with this is- there are people outside of circle K. Mere feet away...hard to believe they didn't come forward.

You're pumping gas, you hear something, look up & the truck's tail lights are turning into the parking lot. Huh. Must be nuthin. Maybe he ran over a branch.

Did Mickey have a backpack? On Versailles it looks like she has one. On Landry I don't see it on her back. Could she have dropped it there and that's what (looks like something) is under the truck?

she did have a backpack, i think. what it looks like is under the truck is that bike light

Hoyt Harris is reporting. Equusearch is out. Missing case in Meridian, Ms. Tim says they still hope for the best.

if this is true i have officially lost what little respect i have for the lafayette city police department. we would be better off if the boy scouts of america protected lafayette. to all of the LEO's, before you give up, could up you take a moment and try to put yourself in the shoes of Mickey's family, would you start giving up?

is it possible to do away with LCPD totally and utilize the respectable officers of the sheriffs dept and the state police?
I definitely understand the frustration but, you have to realize how costly cases of this nature are both in manhours and funds. These LE jurisdictions have budget and manpower constraints unfortunately. I'm sure if it was up them personally, the search would continue indefinitely.

I know in the Jeff Davis Parish cases Governor Jindal was able to provide the Task Force with additional funding, etc. to keep a larger scale investigation going at least for a while longer than authorities would have been able to do otherwise within their budget constraints. Perhaps that is an option although the Lafayette case involves only one victim whereas the JDP cases involved 8 murdered women.

Okay been away all day and just wondering if ive missed anything of any importance today? Any new news on RM? Saw that equusearch is no longer part of the search efforts... Anyone know the reason behind that? TIA!

Guys her family did not just see these pics, they saw her in the video. Her sister described recognizing her mannerisms. This from a video, it would be on camera if she was hit.

I remember Charlie saying that- about her mannerisms. I never considered they watched the video.

However one interprets it, post #326 now is definitely the "gun smoke rising from the grassy knoll?" image of this case.

Did the LE mark off the Circle K and inspect that area? If not then they either didn't realize that the accident happened there or they don't think that it occurred there. Either way nice job on the photos- you guys/gals are very impressive with your sleuthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen