LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's why the guy at the gas station seemed to be running to go inside....but do LE have video or stills of the truck occupant(s) scooping up Mickey and her bike?

He may have turned into the parking lot immediately to his right.

are these images time stamped?

i must say that i'm not trying to jump to conclusions, but the bike light is what makes it seem like it could be so. the light on her bike looks like it's on the ground under the truck.

as to the video, weren't the video shots of her on a different road from a different camera?

also, i know that i could easily recognize my sister's "mannerisms" in a still shot. her posture etc.

you at least have to turn your theory into police. if your theory is correct, then the police need to get serious about owners of white z71s, as hard and time consuming as it may be with so many in the area.

From Daily Advertiser, May 28:

Morrow agrees with a theory shared Sunday by Shunick's mother, Nancy Rowe, who said she suspects that Shunick was the victim of an accident. Morrow said the driver may have panicked and tried to hide evidence of the incident.

I always thought that was conjecture and hope on their part. It seemed a better alternative than fears of an abduction. Is it possible they knew more than they were telling.

Does anyone remember how many days it took for the police in Bloomington to talk to the drivers of the white truck there? It just seems that it is taking an awfully long time to track down the driver of the z71. Surely that driver has heard about this case, especially if he's local. Why isn't he (or she) coming forward? It's been over a week. It's pretty clear that police are considering this truck to be more suspicious than the other. I just wonder if that's due to the amount of time it's taken for the driver to come forward or due to them knowing something from surveillance that we don't.

If they knew this was an accident, why hide it from the public and have the public running scared there's a psycho on the loose? The hypothetical hit and run driver knows he hit her there. He would see the still and know it was caught on camera. Why hide it from the public? No. Good gifs but I don't agree at allllll.

If the incident was called in.....then, when Mickey was reported missing.....LE didn't put 2 and 2 together?

Oh, man. I "see" it too but honestly I don't know if I see it because you laid it out like this or what.

My problem with this is- there are people outside of circle K. Mere feet away...hard to believe they didn't come forward.

Does anyone remember how many days it took for the police in Bloomington to talk to the drivers of the white truck there? It just seems that it is taking an awfully long time to track down the driver of the z71. Surely that driver has heard about this case, especially if he's local. Why isn't he (or she) coming forward? It's been over a week. It's pretty clear that police are considering this truck to be more suspicious than the other. I just wonder if that's due to the amount of time it's taken for the driver to come forward or due to them knowing something from surveillance that we don't.

Even if the driver has no intention of coming forward, surely lots of people know this person, know he/she has this truck, know it is at least possible this person would be out and about at 2am...really surprised if no anonymous tips at least pointing to a POI by now. No one lives in a vacuum.

Oh, man. I "see" it too but honestly I don't know if I see it because you laid it out like this or what.

My problem with this is- there are people outside of circle K. Mere feet away...hard to believe they didn't come forward.

Maybe they did, but only said they saw a white truck, God I hate even saying "white truck".

If they knew this was an accident, why hide it from the public and have the public running scared there's a psycho on the loose? The hypothetical hit and run driver knows he hit her there. He would see the still and know it was caught on camera. Why hide it from the public? No. Good gifs but I don't agree at allllll.

i agree that the police wouldn't hide this from the public, so the only way the pictures are correct is if no one at the circle K saw anything and the police haven't put the pictures together yet.

If the incident was called in.....then, when Mickey was reported missing.....LE didn't put 2 and 2 together?

I am a native and this is Loueezeeana! Oops, I spelled it wrong: Luweezeeana!

Maybe they did, but only said they saw a white truck, God I hate even saying "white truck".

serioulsy, my new grass cutting man came by and i realized he's got a white z71 AND he lives close to the Mississippi River Bridge. I started wondering about him. it's crazy how many people have white z71s in louisiana.

(head slap). Yes. The white blob. To the left of utility pole and right of speed sign. It is on the OThER side of the gutter?

OK, I think I see what you are referring to as a "gutter"...what most of the country refers to as a "storm drain".

And yes, the light appears to be on the sidewalk beyond the drain.

i agree that the police wouldn't hide this from the public, so the only way the pictures are correct is if no one at the circle K saw anything and the police haven't put the pictures together yet.

Except these aren't pictures to the police they are images from a video that the police have.

They don't need to put pictures together. They have the video the pics are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee