LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting view. Does everyone agree that's a vehicle behind her, or some roadside feature?

Yeah, I noticed this sometime ago. I agree that it looks like a vehicle behind her. Either with very dim headlights or lights off.

I find the image of Mickey in this image strange as well. It could be an illusion of light and shade, but it looks like she is stopped and putting weight on her right leg. The front wheel appears to be tilted as if the bike is leaning toward the right. Did she stop to look behind her?

Here's a night view of Versailles. I'm not sure what the lights were in the middle of the road, my post was about the lights along the building and further down the street.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #11

The lights are quite bright in the night view pic. Is it possible the camera used to capture the photo LE released makes the huge white blob- like a reflection?
**Though I did notice the bright white blob did go into the speed limit sign.

I think I do. I cropped & zoomed and I think that's a person

what do you guys think?

Open in in an editing program and zoom it. It doesn't look like it could be anything else, unless the parked car is spotting deer.

I also think there's no other explanation for the echo of an oncoming vehicle at the top.

maybe that's just me

Tornado coming, bbl

Ya know, I honestly can't tell what the hello that is, but it's not a person. But then what could it be? I'm expanding it, and it's like.......I don't know lol.

My post wasn't intended to insinuate that BW had "a thing" for MS, but rather, that MS simply didn't feel like hanging with him anymore on that particular occasion.

I have a daughter (a pretty, sweet, free-spirited 21-year old college student who rides a fixie...yeah) who has an under-sized male friend. Strictly platonic thing, to be sure. And sometimes, she just doesn't feel like hanging out with the guy (he can be a bit emo at times). But yet, she loves him as a friend, and would never want to hurt his feelings. Thus my thoughts on that situation with BW/MS.

Anyway, I guess certain elements of the BW/MS thing seems strangely familiar to me.

I just wanted to add that if you listen to the interview he did with the advertiser, which can be found on their website, he states in not so many words that he is gay. He says something like " people might be surprised, but a lot of Mickey and my conversations were about who could pick up guys faster, her or me."

It would have been pretty quiet at night. If that's a truck pacing her, she would have heard it and looked back. If it weren't going at normal speed, she'd have been spooked. You'd think she'd have turned off at the first well-lit place - the Circle K - to get near people. But instead, she's heading straight.

So to me, she must not have been spooked, or maybe the truck turned off to give her a lead so as not to spook her, and catch up later if, indeed, that is a truck.

Unless she was wearing headphones/listening to music while riding and she didn't hear the truck.

I know we haven't been told that she had an mp3 player on her person, but LE has also said in the press conferences that there are other items they are not currently releasing to the public.

I didn't take the background photo I'm using here, another Sleuter did. I don't remember the poster's name or I'd give them credit for it.
After comparing they're photo with the camera frame that LE released I don't think there is anything behind MS, other than street lamp lighting reflecting off the road surface.
There is also a lot of light coming from under the canopy that creates the large white blob in front of MS.

Nope, can't see it on that, there is something there. Just can't figure out what, if it's just a reflection, then the reflection has solid lines running through it.

Update/clarification on bike location:
-------

as best as i can tell, based on what police said, it would have been below the
"e" in channel. The bike was directly under the interstate. The police made it
sound like it was close to the bank...my best guess based on some other stuff
they said is that it was no more than 30 feet from the bank.

I didn't take the background photo I'm using here, another Sleuter did. I don't remember the poster's name or I'd give them credit for it.
After comparing they're photo with the camera frame that LE released I don't think there is anything behind MS, other than street lamp lighting reflecting off the road surface.
There is also a lot of light coming from under the canopy that creates the large white blob in front of MS.

I agree, that is the same picture in the post I linked a couple post back. THANKS for the matchup b/w the color and b/w photo.

I think this explains the white blobs.

oQXzz.jpg

In this image someone took earlier, the lights do seem to get very bright at night. Do you think the lense on the camera just sucked, and couldn't focus properly as to adjust the lighting?

mamamia54 AND said:
Am I mistaken or is the area you suspect is being covered up the the white blob extending into the steet sign? Great catch!

----I didn't updated my page and was a little late, sorry

This case is losing its national press attention. That ain't good.

Am I mistaken or is the area you suspect is being covered up the the white blob extending into the steet sign? Great catch!

Yes, but, that blob didn't hit me at first until I started trying to blow the picture up, and saw that the blob wasn't pixelizing and then it went into the sign, then it became obvious.

The camera on Versailles is obviously high up. I think the white blob is a combination of a street light that reflects off the speed limit sign and also the low very bright lights by Cathedral Carmel.

The blur behind Mickey that people are saying is a white truck looks opaque and in no way resembles a truck to me. The Man crouching by the car has no feet.

Look at Mickey in Versaille photo.

Could she be stopped? Weight on right leg. Front tire leaning to the left in the photo.

Could she be talking to someone in the car parked on the right?

This case is losing its national press attention. That ain't good.

It's inevitable...until there is more information they'll have to move on and perhaps report on the next Biden gaffe.

I wonder if AMW will keep the story going....

Unless she was wearing headphones/listening to music while riding and she didn't hear the truck.

I know we haven't been told that she had an mp3 player on her person, but LE has also said in the press conferences that there are other items they are not currently releasing to the public.

I've often wondered that myself. If she was listening to tunes, that would explain why she would not hear an approaching vehicle or individual.

The camera on Versailles is obviously high up. I think the white blob is a combination of a street light that reflects off the speed limit sign and also the low very bright lights by Cathedral Carmel.

The blur behind Mickey that people are saying is a white truck looks opaque and in no way resembles a truck to me. The Man crouching by the car has no feet.

Sorry to disagree, but light does not wrap around street signs in an opaque manor, this was touched up.

Excellent point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne