LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume this, for speculation purposes:

1. That is a vehicle coming up in the far distance behind Mickey in the Versailles shot.

2. Mickey is stopped, right foot down, in the Versailles shot.

3. The photoshopped part of the surveillance photo on Versailles has cropped out a vehicle

4. Mickey was stopped to speak to the occupant(s) of the car.

5. After stopping, Mickey continued to the intersection with St John and turned right.

6. The far-off shadowy vehicle behind her came along and saw the car parked there.

7. The far off shadowy figure behind Mickey is the white truck captured on cam heading in the direction of Mickey

8. Assume the vehicle that was parked on the side of Cathedral Carmel is the perp.

9. The reason LE may want the driver of that truck is so they may question him about the vehicle parked on the side of Cathedral Carmel that he passed right next to.

What purpose would it serve for the police to crop out that vehicle?It wouldn't be so the perp doesn't know the police are on to him because if there "was" a car parked there that police thought might be the perp ,the perp would recognize that area in the photo and know the police were onto him.Therefore cropping out the vehicle would really serve no purpose.

I'm starting to really think its the beginning of a serial killer scenario. Like a DTL copycat or something. I don't think it was an accident turned into criminal coverup. There's no blood or sign of an accident on the road.
I've been trying not to let my mind go there just yet :eek:.

I really think the vague light at the top of the photo is headlights. It's very low to the ground and looks like two lights, maybe.

I'm mostly convinced that there's a person's head coming out of the parked car.

The angle of the bicyclist hints at a possible leg down, but she could still have been in motion, skimming the blacktop with her left foot.

It shouldn't be difficult for LE to identify the parked car.

The quality of these images is maddening.

I hope someday we get to see everything.

So some people agree with me that it looks like she COULD be stopped? If she IS stopped, that would seem a major clue.

Perhaps talking with someone in the car on the right. Maybe she ran into somebody she knew? It looks like the back end of a foreign car. My original thought was VW beetle, but I am not sure.

Or perhaps she became aware that someone was stalking her and stopped to look behind her.

I really think the vague light at the top of the photo is headlights. It's very low to the ground and looks like two lights, maybe.

I'm mostly convinced that there's a person's head coming out of the parked car.

The angle of the bicyclist hints at a possible leg down, but she could still have been in motion, skimming the blacktop with her left foot.

It shouldn't be difficult for LE to identify the parked car.

The quality of these images is maddening.

I hope someday we get to see everything.

I think here's ANOTHER car parked directly across from the small black car that has been photoshopped out. Possibly the occupants of both cars know each other. Possibly the car that I believe to be photoshopped out is dealing drugs? It would explain the unlikely presence of the smaller black car there at that time of night. There's been much speculation as to why that car would be parked there ...too far from the ATM to be using it, no homes close enough to justify parking there. It may have had business with the car that's been photoshopped out?

What if the blurred-out vehicle is part of an under-cover operation, un-related to the MS case?

Or, as someone mentioned, what if it's an LPD or LPSO cruiser?

In either case (especially the latter), LE could wind up with egg on their face if this crime took place right under their nose...thus creating a need to conceal such a thing.

It is NOT a vehicle. Notice the placement of the gutter. Unless LE and/or anyone else make it a habit of parking on the sidewalk

This is a good theory. My only issue would be that the perp would park in that area- it seems very well lit by the night photo a sleuther posted. There are other places in the dark the perp could have parked.

But what if he was dealing and didn't want to be in the dark? It's a perfect spot to set up shop. Your customers have easy access, it's a deserted side street but close enough to a customer base (the downtown bars).

The area where the light spot smears into the traffic sign may be the result of an over saturated ccd imaging sensor. Similar to this photo. Gotta go for now, but if I have time tonight I'll look at it further.

Attachments

• oversaturatedccd.jpg
    oversaturatedccd.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 42
So the versaille picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds? (ie) why is there no pic of her closer to the camera?

Thanks. That makes me extra proud to live in San Antonio, lol.

I have been wondering about alligators getting to Mickey if she's in a swamp, but didn't really want to ask.

I'm not an expert but it's entirely possible, IMO.

Snipped:
Originally Posted by chicken fried
Just got exact location of bike from someone who saw it:

The bike was not found by the boat ramp, it was on the other side of State Route 975. It would be right below where you have Pilot Channel marked on the map.

This information has me leaning more away from the bicycle dumped by boat theory.
Yep ... me too. Definitely seems to have been transported via motor vehicle and dumped by someone likely quite familiar with that area and the gravel road leading to the pilot channel.

What purpose would it serve for the police to crop out that vehicle?It wouldn't be so the perp doesn't know the police are on to him because if there "was" a car parked there that police thought might be the perp ,the perp would recognize that area in the photo and know the police were onto him.Therefore cropping out the vehicle would really serve no purpose.

Unless it being cropped was intentional to give the perp a feeling of reassurance- like LE doesn't think his vehicle is important. I still say its highly unlikely a car was parked in that brightly lit area.

Here's the thing about riding on the road. You are very, very used to cars passing you. It happens upmteen times on every bike ride. There are times when you do look behind, obviously when turning left (or changing lanes to turn left) or when coming up to places where the road narrows. But most of the time the cars just go by without much of a thought on the bike riders part.

A car travelling at 30-45 mph is going 2 to 3 times as fast as a cyclist, and with a lot of momentum (mass times velocity) so a routine pass by a car can turn out very bad for the cyclist if the car makes contact.

Another common wreck is a car overtaking the cyclist and turning right immediately, not realizing it hasn't gone far enough past the rider, so the cyclist basically gets caught inside the car's turn. I had that happen to me and I can tell you...cars are extremely powerful. In that situation it's easy for a cyclist to fall under the vehicle and get run over by it's back wheel.

And the damage of any wreck could be greatly amplified by Mickey not wearing a helmet.

So the versaille picture with the potential faint white truck behind her.... was this from a continous video or a camera that takes pics every X seconds? (ie) why is there no pic of her closer to the camera?
Perhaps....she didn't get closer to the camera while biking past it? Maybe I don't understand your question. :waitasec:

I think if we knew WHY they cropped it we would be a lot farther along in theorizing here.

This is from the Find Mickey Now website regarding the Versailles photo. A white pickup was seen in the area.

Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 am. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 seen in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne