LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that either of these occurred. I also don't remember any confirmation that they have video footage from the funeral home at 330 St. Landry But I may be wrong. I'm going to have to make a camera map for all of us because this "where's the camera" circus day after day is really making my head hurt.

No, she wasn't run over. That's way too far-fetched for too many reasons to list.
Thanks for offering to make a camera map Chickenfried; we are anxiously awaiting it. And maybe you can add in places where foot soldiers should go look and ask if there are any cam's that might not have been thought of yet. Like say: 1. in back of subway, PJ's on st mary beside the imaging center. 2. OBGYN offices on ST mary (or confirm that maybe that is where grammiof4 video was taken) 3. further down St Mary toward Johnston - OLOF wisdom curch or acadiana village apts on the other side of street from church. 4. oil center - capital one bank ATM's near harding (would she be going to a bank ATM on her way home? I could see a vehicle following me in there at 2 am. 5. outside cafe cottage (do they stay open till 2 am?).

Just thoughts...

BBM nothing I've read (or seen) has given me the sense she would prefer riding on the sidewalk. Why do you think she would?

I believe it was something her friend Brettly said in an interview. She rode against traffic and used sidewalks when they were available. I do not have a link, sorry.

Ok, lemme see if this works.

The first one should be to the midtones of the photo dodged.

The second one should be the exposure of the camera lens increased by +1.75.

Attachments

• midtonesdodged.jpg
    midtonesdodged.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 146
  • MS1_75.jpg
    MS1_75.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 141
We don't know that either of these occurred. I also don't remember any confirmation that they have video footage from the funeral home at 330 St. Landry But I may be wrong. I'm going to have to make a camera map for all of us because this "where's the camera" circus day after day is really making my head hurt.

No, she wasn't run over. That's way too far-fetched for too many reasons to list.
Thanks for offering to make a camera map Chickenfried; we are anxiously awaiting it. And maybe you can add in places where foot soldiers should go look and ask if there are any cam's that might not have been thought of yet. Like say: 1. in back of subway, PJ's on st mary beside the imaging center. 2. OBGYN offices on ST mary (or confirm that maybe that is where grammiof4 video was taken) 3. further down St Mary toward Johnston - OLOF wisdom church or acadiana village apts on the other side of street from church. 4. oil center - capital one bank ATM's near harding (would she be going to a bank ATM on her way home? I could see a vehicle following me in there at 2 am. 5. outside cafe cottage (do they stay open till 2 am?).

Just thoughts...

That "swing by the place" would have taken here significantly out of her way. She would have felt stupid and tired if they weren't there. ALL young folks now call or text ahead. She would not have just gone there, only to find them gone. I won't believe that.

very true!! Plus, I was also thinking if she was going there, she wouldn't of wanted to be "caught" by her friends she just told good-bye too, if she was going to see other people that is :-/

aaah. If there are no interior cam's at MC, maybe there are interior cam's at the OBGYN docs office on the corner of ST landry and St mary across from the imaging center (opposite corner of st landry and st mary). The cam was probably inside medical offices; makes sense, I cannot imagine everyone wanting a video of open casket funerals at M&CFH.

If this is the case, there is a delivery entrance at imaging center that needs to be reviewed (opposite corner from st landry on st mary) AND there is a back alley on the other side of that that needs to have serious foot soldiers (A.C.I?) before the PJ's coffeeshop to the right. and those dumpsters need to be checked. I wouldn't park there in daytime, more less ride my bike in that vicinity at 2 am.

I'm thinking the police have probably reviewed all the cameras on that street.
I'm not going to go there. They told us the last camera she was on was at Circle K.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here? We have what the police told us. i myself am not willing to break into those businesses to check their cams. I've enough problems - I don't need more.

Maybe Mickey just told BW that she was hungover because she was going to be out all night? Drank water to meet up with someone later and needed to feel well for the grad ceremony the next day?

All bars close at 2am here including the one on Johnston Street, the Krooked Nickel, which she would pass if she did travel the presumed path that BW gave. Johnston Street, Congress and even St. Landry and St. Mary to some extent, would normally be pretty busy at this hour. That what makes this so baffling. Waking neighbors isn't the only way to have witnesses. There can be a vehicle coming around at anytime during this time frame.

Thanks for offering to make a camera map Chickenfried; we are anxiously awaiting it. And maybe you can add in places where foot soldiers should go look and ask if there are any cam's that might not have been thought of yet. Like say: 1. in back of subway, PJ's on st mary beside the imaging center. 2. OBGYN offices on ST mary (or confirm that maybe that is where grammiof4 video was taken) 3. further down St Mary toward Johnston - OLOF wisdom church or acadiana village apts on the other side of street from church. 4. oil center - capital one bank ATM's near harding (would she be going to a bank ATM on her way home? I could see a vehicle following me in there at 2 am. 5. outside cafe cottage (do they stay open till 2 am?).

Just thoughts...

ooo...and hence a slow tap the rear tire?!?! The vehicle behind her at an ATM would have been slowed way down if they were a non-nonchalant customer (or pretending to be...). GOOD THOUGHT! She could of never made it far enough to insert her card if she so happened to be hit...the reason for no transactions.

Why is TES saying goodbye? $$$$? How could $$$ have anything to do with finding MS? grrrrrh

There is a brand new missing person case they are going to. I think newer cases take a priority, because she might still be alive somewhere.

Your friend could be right but Schmitty way back in Thread 3 said "I don't recall seeing any discussion about a cam at Martin and Castille Funeral Home (330 St Landry, facing St Landry, on the corner of St Mary) but they definitely do have security cams all over that building."

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7970459&postcount=113

AHHH JEEEZ.

Crap.I'm going to drive up there tomorrow before my brains fall out.

How about we stop debating it for now, as it's obvious that everyone has a different opinion.

This is what we need. A statement with more than just "LE" as the source. Her friend works at the funeral home. I believe laffytaffy. That's a credible source. For example, I found out today the specific location of the bike. I got it directly from a reporter who was on the scene. That's a source. Why is everyone else believing an unknown post that just says LE? That just sows chaos. I think we need to stick to sourced info.... seems like a more productive - and less migraine-inducing - way to go.
I totally agree with you. Perhaps if there are things that are being questioned, it would be best to say, "according to ...". I believed LaffyTaffy but I didn't know where the information was coming from.

Well of course they are. Louisiana was under French and Spanish rule (not sure which came first). The first Acadian settlers were from Canada!

France! They were French prisoners brought by way of Nova Scotia.

Maybe we should all just take a deep breath. Some folks are getting really snippy and the bottom line is we are all fighting the same fight, just trying to figure out what happened to Mickey, and get her home all the while having very little info to go on...just sayin

Well of course they are. Louisiana was under French and Spanish rule (not sure which came first). The first Acadian settlers were from Canada!

And the Spanish send settlers/militia from the Canary Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro