LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wadalo,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. You can clearly see her bike light under the truck and right front tire is off the ground. You do this for a living and if you say the other tools you used show a even clearer picture of this than I believe you. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the drivers side door looks like it is opened or half way open...Do you see this or are am I mistaken. Also since the FBI is running this case it does not surprise me this info was not released.

I see that... I wish I knew how to enhance more because I also think I see someone looking over the hood from behind the open door. A brunette male. It's late and I might be crazy but once I saw it it's all I can see now.

Sorry, just a frustrated local who is tired of these agregious rumors and what the Shunick family has to deal with day in and day out. To me, it suggests a diffusion of responsibility in this crime. A hit and run wouldn't be so hard to investigate IMO. Seems like a bold and seasoned perp to me, who is diverting LE and search efforts by dropping the Bike to be found on the bank of the WB pilot channel (river). Don't let my expressions of frustration discourage you, just stating my opinion.

I don't think they figured out who hit & killed Brandon on Johnston st.in April.

The info I posted is not from media, it is from the Lafayette Police Dept. website at the link I posted.
http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677
The INITIAL vehicle of interest was the pic of the truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry (look at the press release). The updated pic of the initial vehicle of interest is the one going same direction as MS.

I disagree. The updated pic is Picture 1, with the "new photo" it becomes "evident" that there is a bed cover (and tinted windows).

i'm a little disappointed in the baton rouge news. they have made very little of this. it's quite upsetting, being so close to lafayette. anyway, i still haven't seen interviews of her family. they are very brief in the reports about mickey.

This is more media than I see in some other cases which have virtually received no air time.

I would think that after an area has been completely searched, that could be disclosed, but don't quote me. I don't think any information should be given out about future searches in any way, shape or form.

Right. And it's obvious that SOME places are being searched, b/c viewers ca see online via cams, or passerbys in the area. Then they go and tell their friend, and their friend, and so on. It's not possible to keep all the "missions" top secret, but we also shouldn't give away something that could hinder the investigation.

I really DO NOT think this is Mickey under the truck

The road is clearly being worked on the there.

There is a large asphalt patch that covers the width of the right lane. The patch occurs right at a seam in the concrete. So the concrete slabs are likely buckling creating an uneven surface. The patch can be seen in all three Circle K photos. It is also visible in the youtube video below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5aL_KiDkhk&feature=player_embeddedee

You can feel the bump when the car drives over the patch. It is quite noticable.

There is a road construction sign on the roadside next to the truck.

Road damage would explain the odd angle of the truck's front wheels - it is right on top of the patch. It would also explain why the truck is braking.

The light under the truck is a reflection of the Circle K lights reflecting off the white "ONLY" letters in the left turning lane.

St_Landry_bump.jpg
Becky and Shelly's tires raised up too, as they went over the big bump. If I had taken a photo of them at night, you would have seen the same exact thing.

Take it to the bank.

What made it look weird is the degraded, multi-hued patch of old concrete right in fron of the asphalt.

I don't think they figured out who hit & killed Brandon on Johnston st.in April.

Ok, well how bout you locals come meet me at Blackham Coliseum tomorrow and we can discuss that scenario, until then, FIND MICKEY and BRING HER HOME. Vicariously debating how it happened is pointless, this will be a murder case if she was killed, malicious intent is involved. Be useful and come to a search to get the full picture.

BTW, once when I was 18 I got really really ridiculously stupid drunk down town and could not remember where I lived (at the time, main st) so a homeless man walked me to this very circle k. I would not habe just kept walking up the road, I knew I was in trouble being that drunk and alone with a homeless man so I stopped there. my point is that if at this point in time (WT picture) MS felt threatened or followed, I don't see why she wouldn't have stopped at this well lit, occupied business to call someone for help.

Ok, well how bout you locals come meet me at Blackham Coliseum tomorrow and we can discuss that scenario, until then, FIND MICKEY and BRING HER HOME. Vicariously debating how it happened is pointless, this will be a murder case if she was killed, malicious intent is involved. Be useful and come to a search to get the full picture.

Do you know if everything will be running the same way tomorrow? I didn't hear equisear was leaving until I was on my way home.

At first glance, I was 100% certain this was Mickey (or at least her bike) on the ground, getting run over by a truck ....

But I'm looking again, and although I do see a big mass, I'll call it, under the wheels of the truck, I also see the same mass on the ground in the photo of Mickey on her bike.... so perhaps there was something in the road that the truck ran over, and it's not Mickey.

Anybody else seeing what I'm seeing?
No. I only see a shadow of Mickey.

Yes...the very few who have been found alive were subjected to who knows what...

But even fewer have been adults...Mickey would be in a very exclusive group indeed if she is being kept alive by a stranger.

I wish the person with the da$%ed white truck would be identified and ruled in or out...the longer this goes on, the person becomes absolutely the likely culprit. Surely someone knows this person, has suspicions, has reason to believe this person travels that area at night. If so, please come forward.

But I know that not everyone knows about this case, as we tend to believe here at WS...I have two sisters in TX and neither had heard of it until I told them this week. My niece in Baton Rouge did not know until last weekend, a full week later and that came from me too. So it IS possible that the driver does not even know he is being sought, assuming he is from out of the area anyway. I don't believe that...but it is possible.

I know I just throw comments out here and there, too busy reading and catching up from what I missed all day!! Just wanted to comment on this. I have a girl I work with who LIVES HERE and I had to tell her there was a miising person in our area!!! It is crazy the amount of people who don't watch the news. Or open their eyes for that matter.

I think we might be losing sight of why we are all here.

We are here to Bring Mickey Home!!!!

We all have areas of expertise. We also all having different opinions and we all view information differently.

That does not make anyone better than the other.

If you don't agree with an opinion move past it to the next one.

Lets just bring Mickey Home :)

Keep in mind these were still shots extracted from video. LE would know if she had been run over. It would have been stated that a hit-and-run had taken pace, and the type of damage the bike sustained would not be in question. Why are we still looking at these truck photos???
Would LE withhold this information about a HIT and RUN from the public at the request of her family?

not to throw the thread off course again, but they never said that she wasnt high, and i think its already been established that they "partook?". so even though she may not have been drunk, she still could have been ......something. but still, im skeptical that its actually her under the truck, even though if i look hard enough i can see it. which is still a bit spooky.

Who established they partook? Just curious. Wouldn't be terribly surprised but substance in which she partook could give insight.
Heard she wasn't drinking.

how would she text while riding a bike?! I'm sure you could pull it off, but it'd be easier to swing by the place then try to text and ride or stop completely to text...?! Especially at 2a.m. Just a thought :)

or she could just stop real quick in a area with enough light to send a quick text... maybe in front of a well lit circle k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika