LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a little disappointed in the baton rouge news. they have made very little of this. it's quite upsetting, being so close to lafayette. anyway, i still haven't seen interviews of her family. they are very brief in the reports about mickey.

This is a terrible horrible thought; but I need to throw it out there in case this was intentional. Is there any way this PERP could have 'slightly hit her' causing her to fall to the ground and then circling around to run over again (and this pic by wodalo is the latter image)? That would explain why she was underneath the vehicle. and IMHO proves intent to kill.

But why would not see her getting hit the first time, just being knocked to the ground and possibly alive.

grrrh. what would you seek as solace (justice) if you were the parents?

Waiting for everyone to catch up and realize that Mickey's not under the truck is like listening to endless echoes off a canyon wall.

This is a tricky blog format..... and probably not the most efficient one to sleuth cases.

JMO - it's a great resource, don't get me wrong. But trying to build consensus on the facts of the case in this message-board format is like trying to have a conversation with a hearing-aid squealing in your ear full volume. It hurts your head and people have to repeat themselves endlessly.

i guess they are just trying to find evidence like a shoe or something. but i still feel like looking in lafayette any further is wasting the time of the volunteers. they need to make the most of their searches since the volunteer numbers are starting to dwindle.

I think Equusearch has done a fine job so far. Of course you have to rule out everything close to home, and I think they have pretty much done that. I don't know where ALL the search parties went today but I know at least 3 groups including mine, were NOT in Lafayette.

Okay guys, I need to peek at the inside of my eyelids. Let's hope for good news tomorrow.

There has been road work going on in that whole subdivision for a while now. BUT i can't say for sure they were working on ST Landry at University- or if they did, when.

Watch the youtube video posted a bit further back. You can see the patch and feel the car hit a large bump.

What motive would anyone have who ran over anyone and killed them for not coming forward?

If it really was an accident and (most likely LE could not prove otherwise) what kind of sentence would they get? What would this be: negligent homicide? vehicle manslaughter?

I see why people brought of RM now.

We have ONE HOT TRUCK.

I would not be surprised if it went underwater and down the WB river too. and we will never find that truck. If they really ran over her, They got rid of the truck too.

They will just wait it out, sit at home, go to work...someone has to know someone who trying to get a new vehicle somewhere? or even asking to borrow one from friends? What approach would you take if you were trying to get rid of a bicycle, body, AND vehicle? and LIVE?

Spending any time in jail is motive enough for some people.

this truck is a very close match, very close... at first glance i see no discrepancy to the truck in question...

regarding my phone call... i called the tip line an got a machine, then called the deep voiced PI on the case...

i am not going to assume he meant "we have that tip" or "we know she was hit"... i will say i have a directness about the way i speak to people that gets me answers... his responses were... slow and reluctant... unhappy.

as to the pics... i do way more than look at them... but its hard to explain, but i do throw them into "photoshop" as well... that is where i made the gif (poorly)... as it is not my preferred software...

if i know what i am looking for, i can find it... otherwise i am just like everyone else, blow it up, what do i see, shrink it down, what do i see... i have been over these pics before looking at different details... i originally "assumed" based on stance that the truck was accelerating to give it its current stance, but that certainly goes against the brake lights... white paint on the bike was key... i now knew what i was looking for... and unfortunately found it... when i showed my wife (who doesn't understand why i care) the gif... she looked at the kitties that haven't been fed, and a sink full of dishes and rolled her eyes... when i showed her what i had on my other screens... she cried... handed me her phone and said call them...

i try to separate myself from what we know, and look at what we have, or don't have... does it make sense to me that somebody could get hit in front of a busy place and have it go unnoticed..? unfortunately, in this all about me world we live in.... yes it does... that is exactly the place it would go unnoticed, right in front of everyone... there was more that i left out of my description in the pics because my hands were shaking, and i had no idea how to animate two simple frames in photoshop and i just wanted to present what i had found. i am not a sleuther or a detective... i am a simple graffix guy who doesn't even spell his own screen name right... actually wololo ;) but everybody always mispronounces it as wodalo...

there are often answers right under peoples noses they don't see... then when i point them out, they are discredited as someone "else" would have obviously noticed that... or that's crazy... this is my life story... i notice what everyone around me does not, it has become... easy to me. this is where i thought i could help out here as i don't even know these people... and have never followed this type of case before... i heard "no trace" and jumped in to prove that wrong... there is always something like minded folk miss because anything that goes against their current frame of mind is immediately dismissed.

sorry for the wall of text... people took the time to hear me out, no matter how far fetched, just wanted to take the time to say a little about who this nobody was that was rattling the cage....

peace

Wadalo,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. You can clearly see her bike light under the truck and right front tire is off the ground. You do this for a living and if you say the other tools you used show a even clearer picture of this than I believe you. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the drivers side door looks like it is opened or half way open...Do you see this or are am I mistaken. Also since the FBI is running this case it does not surprise me this info was not released.

I think Equusearch has done a fine job so far. Of course you have to rule out everything close to home, and I think they have pretty much done that. I don't know where ALL the search parties went today but I know at least 3 groups including mine, were NOT in Lafayette.

do you know if they have searched the ding dong mississippi river? that's where they should search next.

Wadalo,
Thanks for all your hard work on this. You can clearly see her bike light under the truck and right front tire is off the ground. You do this for a living and if you say the other tools you used show a even clearer picture of this than I believe you. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the drivers side door looks like it is opened or half way open...Do you see this or are am I mistaken. Also since the FBI is running this case it does not surprise me this info was not released.

Wait - s/he has more photos of Mickey 'under the truck'????? Wadalo, please post all enhanced photos that you have. And thanks for your hard work.

I knew I should have logged out right away... there goes my good nights sleep. :(

I did. We're going in circles because yes, they did release an updated photo of truck #1, and the updated photo of truck #1 is the photo on the other street, where you can see the tailgate and bed cover.

The photo you are posting is not the updated photo of truck #1. If you got that from a news source, they are wrong too.

And I also wanted to add, I did not add the head banging smiley on purpose when I first replied, I swear! I'm not a fan of using that when addressing other posters. I have caught my iPad sneaking in words I didn't mean to type, and a couple other random smileys also. Not sure how or why?!
The info I posted is not from media, it is from the Lafayette Police Dept. website at the link I posted.
http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677
The INITIAL vehicle of interest was the pic of the truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry (look at the press release). The updated pic of the initial vehicle of interest is the one going same direction as MS.

I tend to believe it was an abduction OR she accepted a ride with someone she knew. I have trouble with the drunk driver scenario and having the presence of mind to clean up the "accident" scene.

Exactly, not many people inebriated enough to run over someone on their bike can be so calculative. Must be one real smart drunk guy, Ha yea right. More like a calculated predator.

Oh yea, and there IS a camera in front of the Martin & Castille funeral home office, not the funeral home. Go check for yourself, I've rode by it more than 10 times in the past week.

The info I posted is not from media, it is from the Lafayette Police Dept. website at the link I posted.
http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677
The INITIAL vehicle of interest was the pic of the truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry (look at the press release). The updated pic of the initial vehicle of interest is the one going same direction as MS.

Okay, I'll go over your links tomorrow. This isn't about being right or wrong, it's about having the correct info to help find Mickey. If I'm incorrect about the trucks, I'll be the first to admit it. Looking forward to digging back in tomorrow.

Per the mods, we can sleuth McGee up to a certain extent... That being said, I am curious to hear what his girlfriend's BFF thinks of him in relation to this situation.

Ok welll.......she thinks her BFF is a dumb*** for dating him, he's no good, he's not one of those people who did ONE bad thing and then straightened up, but rather he's a habitual trouble-maker. Still, she wasn't 100% confident he could have done this. That's pretty much all she said.

I would believe that if she was drunk. But it seems so odd that a 22 yr old sober, experienced biker, would stop smack dab in the middle of the street like that. She could text on the sidewalk, and safely.

But I do believe my paramedic friend when he tells me that there is no way she would end up under the front tire like that if she had been upright upon her bike. According to him, she would have been airborne, not under the truck, unless she was already on the ground when the truck passed by.

ETA: the EMT friend said she might have eventually ended up under the truck, if she landed upon the hood or windshield, and he kept driving, and she fell off and underneath. But that would have taken quite awhile and traveled pretty far first.

But once again, that would have been seen on the video, if she had fallen off her bike.

not to throw the thread off course again, but they never said that she wasnt high, and i think its already been established that they "partook?". so even though she may not have been drunk, she still could have been ......something. but still, im skeptical that its actually her under the truck, even though if i look hard enough i can see it. which is still a bit spooky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3