LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm quoting myself lol. But since seeing the photo of the initial (but now ruled-out) truck, there is nothing in the road there.

So maybe I am seeing Mickey's shadow in this pic. But my question still stands about the road sign. The shadow of the road sign can't fall on the truck based on the angle / location of Mickey's shadow in the prior pic. So what is that mark on the passenger's front door?

I think the road is buckling there and a large asphalt patch has been put in. I went to Google Earth and the right side of the patch lines up with a seam in the concrete. The sign on the roadside is a good clue. Probably a warning to slow down. That may explain the odd angle of the truck and why the brake lights are engaged.

Also, I can see it in the original truck photo as well. The "crash photos" had their contrast altered which made the patch look darker in the photo of Mickey in front of Circle K.

I don't think so. I wouldn't want to see detailed information since this is a public forum. But if Whiskey Bay or other places of importence are being searched, I don't see the harm in sharing that info.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a mod!)

I would think that after an area has been completely searched, that could be disclosed, but don't quote me. I don't think any information should be given out about future searches in any way, shape or form.

Here is the issue I'm having with letting this picture go. I feel like it just doesn't look like the truck is connecting with the road. It looks un natural to me. I took the white line from the road and created the red line. Then I copied the red line, recolored it, and moved it down to the bottom of the back tire. You can see there is a space between where I THINK the bottom of the front tire should be, and where it actually is.

uUP6r.jpg

Just keep in mind, our roads here are not exactly flat.

If LE doesn't have any concrete evidence pointing to a singular person, if there is one, that guy is sure happy that most peeps here are focused solely on a stranger hit and run abduction hide the body scenario. Because that keeps the perp off the hot seat and safe from being targeted or discovered because everyone wants the killed and hid by the driver of truck theory to be true.

Could be that somebody Mickey knows picked her up and harmed her.
I hope LE has something more to go on so they can get to the bottom of who did this to Mickey.

Thank you, the DUI-hit and run-run over scenario etc, etc, is quite tedious and not useful. Someone is responsible for this and there was malicious intent involved. This nefarious act demands justice and without the unity of the people to
Code:
FIND MICKEY
, or resolve the case, then, we have nothing (this might be what it takes.... we're still looking for stuff, you know?). Look for me at Blackham Coliseum tomorrow if you want to participate in a determined search. Let me give you a hint... My name rhymes with Billiam, I will be wearing a ball cap as well with MPA on it. BRING MICKEY HOME.

Yes I'm quoting myself lol. But since seeing the photo of the initial (but now ruled-out) truck, there is nothing in the road there.

So maybe I am seeing Mickey's shadow in this pic. But my question still stands about the road sign. The shadow of the road sign can't fall on the truck based on the angle / location of Mickey's shadow in the prior pic. So what is that mark on the passenger's front door?

The door mark is a shadow from the road sign. Two different light sources - one from the store, the other from the LCG parking lot. When the truck passed by the sign, it cut off the light from the store. So a shadow from a light in the LCG building left a shadow on the door.

Is it against the rules here to post information about where the searches are taking place???

all i know is the bike route area and whiskey bay. i just wish they'd do some searching around the mississippi river. it's closer to whiskey bay than lafayette. Idk, but then again. if you dump the bike at whiskey bay, why dump the girl elsewhere? i hate to even make these assumptions :(

when can we expect bike forensics to be out? next tuesday?

But I know that not everyone knows about this case, as we tend to believe here at WS...I have two sisters in TX and neither had heard of it until I told them this week. My niece in Baton Rouge did not know until last weekend, a full week later and that came from me too. So it IS possible that the driver does not even know he is being sought, assuming he is from out of the area anyway. I don't believe that...but it is possible.

It is possible. I live in East Texas and I remember the Sunday when her dissapearance became known, I got an alert on my local news app on my phone. Since then, i haven't heard a thing about it on local news. Very sad, since the ark-la-tex is such a mobile area. Just about everybody I know goes over state lines regularly. The truck could easily be here, or in Missisipi, or any other surrounding state. Or if it was an oilfield worker, they could be up north working right now (most of the jobs in that industry are currently up north).

I would think that after an area has been completely searched, that could be disclosed, but don't quote me. I don't think any information should be given out about future searches in any way, shape or form.

I don't think that is a good idea in case the perp moves something to a cleared area YKWIM. There is a reason why they want to keep it quiet.

I've seen posts on lots of cases where someone has seen a search taking place and posting about it. Most searches don't go unnoticed by the media anyway. Not a good idea to post about where one plans to search, or to provide a list of places that have been "cleared."

and heres a video of BayouBecky going down St. Landy. You can tell at around 0.06 seconds when her car goes over a raised hump on the street right where the truck and mickey in the photos went over the same hump..

Mickey Route part 2 - YouTube

Do I see cameras on th funeral home in video? I see at least 2 black spots but I'm on my phone so hard to tell.

:banghead:

This is not the updated photo they are referencing. The updated photo is the one on the other street, where the bed cover is visible.
Read the captions above each photo carefully.

Thank the LORD for Manlet.

The truck hit a large asphalt bump.

Not Mickey.

LOOK HERE

Now I can go to bed without the second bottle of Excedrin.

and heres a video of BayouBecky going down St. Landy. You can tell at around 0.06 seconds when her car goes over a raised hump on the street right where the truck and mickey in the photos went over the same hump..

I lied. I'm not in bed yet.

But IMO this is what we are seeing in those pictures.

St_Landry_bump.jpg
I may blow the margins on this - if so I apologize in advance. I've never tried to attach a photo, But HERE'S the BUMP:

The road patch is clearly visible, as well. I think we can close the door on the idea she was hit here. Fortunately.

Yes...the very few who have been found alive were subjected to who knows what...

But even fewer have been adults...Mickey would be in a very exclusive group indeed if she is being kept alive by a stranger.

I wish the person with the da$%ed white truck would be identified and ruled in or out...the longer this goes on, the person becomes absolutely the likely culprit. Surely someone knows this person, has suspicions, has reason to believe this person travels that area at night. If so, please come forward.

But I know that not everyone knows about this case, as we tend to believe here at WS...I have two sisters in TX and neither had heard of it until I told them this week. My niece in Baton Rouge did not know until last weekend, a full week later and that came from me too. So it IS possible that the driver does not even know he is being sought, assuming he is from out of the area anyway. I don't believe that...but it is possible.

Its very possible.A lot of people don't take time to watch the news and some are even too busy for TV.I myself,would have never known about Mickey if it weren't for the GLP website as I rarely watch tv and don't have cable.Even if he did happen to catch a glimpse of his truck on a poster somewhere he might not even have thought it could have been his unless he actually took the time to read it.

Truck's wheel is going up over the bump. It's a big one.

Lee Harvey Oswald did it.

I went on two searches and it lasted until seven. The first was an area that had been combed by LE so not much was found except for some messed up bushes and trash, among other wierd things. Our second search was of an eerie location that I suspected hadn't been searched by LE. I got full of spiders webs and spiders from grid searching about 6 acres of wood

Wow! We just searched a field & the side of the interstate, including small sections of wooded area. Home by 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member