LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally get that but I'm not one to just post wild rumors willy nilly. If I have something of importance I share it. I'm not trying to start a frenzy I'm a local and I know several people so when I share something it's not handed down threefold.

Laffy T,

I missed something. Are you claiming you have seen a photo of Mickey further down St.Landry?

aah...I tend to be a cyclist, a motorist that goes one path back and forth. I can easily see MS traveling exactly back the way she came. Except would she stop at an ATM?

Here is another possibility and it is a longshot: I am only thinking of this because of case in the 1980's of a woman being found sexually assualted and spread eagle dead in the Stanford chapel (missing murderer case - forget the womans name but the PERP has not been ever been found).

Is MS Catholic? At our lady of wisdom church on St Mary (and ???) there is an allnight chapel (used to be a baptismal in the 1960's). You can go any time of night; it is always open. There are pillows for people to sit in silence and pray. Would MS have gone there? and met some rif raf that followed her in? Does Our lady of Wisdom Church have cameras surrounding it?

the search party headquarters was at Our Lady of Wisdom until it grew to be too big, so they would have found a body there by now.

In just under two hours, it will be two weeks. My thoughts are with the entire Shunick family but my heart ACHES for the momma. As a momma of a soon to be 22 year old young woman, I can only imagine how hollow her heart must feel right now. You don't hear from her in any interviews except at the very beginning and I don't even have to wonder why. She is Demeter walking the earth forever in search of Persephone.

Well of course they are. Louisiana was under French and Spanish rule (not sure which came first). The first Acadian settlers were from Canada!
French>Spanish>French> almost Spanish>American
although first exploration was prob (educated guess) Spanish(Moscoso)

the UPDATED picture of the INITIAL truck (the one at the intersection moving away from Mickey), was the picture of the truck shown on University (tail end view, visible bed cover.)

The two additional pictures are of the Z71 traveling in the same direction and mickey, and the hoopty car.
How does a truck 'without a bed cover' on the corner of St landry and university taking a left suddenly aquire a bed cover when seen traveling down University? I do not get it. Was this truck taking a rt from st landry onto university and then did something which need a bed cover put on ; and then turned around and went back down university through the intersection of st landry towards the graveyard on the rt?

It looks like a recently filled in pot hole to me?

mickey1.jpeg

If you take a look at Mickey riding her bike you can see a raised surface of sorts where the truck would be. Also I believe that's a road work sign indicating road work is being done on the road and to expect a bumpy ride? Can someone whose been down that street recently clue us in to put a rest to this...

Could be Mickey's shadow being cast from the store lights. They look pretty bright.

i guess they are just trying to find evidence like a shoe or something. but i still feel like looking in lafayette any further is wasting the time of the volunteers. they need to make the most of their searches since the volunteer numbers are starting to dwindle.

The searches have now moved outside of the lafayette area.

I saw that "something" as well and brought it up back when this whole scenario unfolded, but nobody replied. I wondered whether it was Mickey's shadow from the store lights on the road. The lights are brighter on her back left, so the shadow is falling in the correct position.

I thought shadow too, but where is the shadow from the road sign? Fellow sleuthers claim the shadow from that sign falls on the truck, so if they are in fact both shadows, they are mutually exclusive.

Laffy T,

I missed something. Are you claiming you have seen a photo of Mickey further down St.Landry?

NO! I'm saying the funeral home has no cameras. Per my friend who is an employee of said funeral home.

Did Mickey often stay out at all hours of the night? If so,I wonder if she was heading to a friends house.But if she would have been heading to a friends house,why hasn't that friend spoken up?What would keep a friend from speaking up? Was she maybe just riding around hoping to meet someone?
Brettly said they like to pick up guys so....?????

I was kind of thinking she may have headed for a friends house too. I know they had been out of school for a few days, what if it was this "friends" last night in Lafayette, she never showed up, and they didn't think twice about it since it was so late. Then they moved back home and have no idea Mickey is missing. Very possible they would have no idea if they didn't watch the news.

Or I know the crowd she hangs with is considered "artsy" or "boho" and looking at Facebook, I can see about 5 of my own Facebook friends that would fall under those two categories that are either getting ready to go or have already left to go to foreign countries for the summer. It's possible the "friend" could be out of the country.

I know these are far out there ideas, but they have definitely crossed my mind more than once.

I saw that "something" as well and brought it up back when this whole scenario unfolded, but nobody replied. I wondered whether it was Mickey's shadow from the store lights on the road. The lights are brighter on her back left, so the shadow is falling in the correct position.

I thought it was her shadow.

Amateurs? Hardly! This "ain't my first rodeo" and I feel that "somebody" thinks that he/she got lucky and this is the "perfect crime/abduction". Where in the heck is the blood on the concrete...or any other forensic evidence?

this truck is a very close match, very close... at first glance i see no discrepancy to the truck in question...

regarding my phone call... i called the tip line an got a machine, then called the deep voiced PI on the case...

i am not going to assume he meant "we have that tip" or "we know she was hit"... i will say i have a directness about the way i speak to people that gets me answers... his responses were... slow and reluctant... unhappy.

as to the pics... i do way more than look at them... but its hard to explain, but i do throw them into "photoshop" as well... that is where i made the gif (poorly)... as it is not my preferred software...

if i know what i am looking for, i can find it... otherwise i am just like everyone else, blow it up, what do i see, shrink it down, what do i see... i have been over these pics before looking at different details... i originally "assumed" based on stance that the truck was accelerating to give it its current stance, but that certainly goes against the brake lights... white paint on the bike was key... i now knew what i was looking for... and unfortunately found it... when i showed my wife (who doesn't understand why i care) the gif... she looked at the kitties that haven't been fed, and a sink full of dishes and rolled her eyes... when i showed her what i had on my other screens... she cried... handed me her phone and said call them...

i try to separate myself from what we know, and look at what we have, or don't have... does it make sense to me that somebody could get hit in front of a busy place and have it go unnoticed..? unfortunately, in this all about me world we live in.... yes it does... that is exactly the place it would go unnoticed, right in front of everyone... there was more that i left out of my description in the pics because my hands were shaking, and i had no idea how to animate two simple frames in photoshop and i just wanted to present what i had found. i am not a sleuther or a detective... i am a simple graffix guy who doesn't even spell his own screen name right... actually wololo ;) but everybody always mispronounces it as wodalo...

there are often answers right under peoples noses they don't see... then when i point them out, they are discredited as someone "else" would have obviously noticed that... or that's crazy... this is my life story... i notice what everyone around me does not, it has become... easy to me. this is where i thought i could help out here as i don't even know these people... and have never followed this type of case before... i heard "no trace" and jumped in to prove that wrong... there is always something like minded folk miss because anything that goes against their current frame of mind is immediately dismissed.

sorry for the wall of text... people took the time to hear me out, no matter how far fetched, just wanted to take the time to say a little about who this nobody was that was rattling the cage....

peace
You were using photoshop? I have no experience with it, but if you are looking to get even more detail, hav eyou thought of uding GIMP? it is free and I think you can do more than photoshop with it.

I can't imagine putting the bike in water, but leaving Mickey someplace on land. It makes no sense. I know they can't search all bodies of water, but I feel that is where she is. JMO

I wonder who TES is searching for next...I don't see a new(er) case here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member