LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laffy, I wasn't hating on you, I swear. It's so hard to keep up with all the information.

Thank you, the DUI-hit and run-run over scenario etc, etc, is quite tedious and not useful. Someone is responsible for this and there was malicious intent involved.

Well, some of us like to ponder puzzle pieces. That's pretty much the purpose of the site.

I'm in Pennsylvania. I can't drive bike routes or count security cameras or join a search crew.

One person's tedium is someone else's reason for being here.

Is it against the rules here to post information about where the searches are taking place???

Not only should you not be disclosing areas searched but items found.

This would be a very quick way of not being allowed on any future searches.

Its very possible.A lot of people don't take time to watch the news and some are even too busy for TV.I myself,would have never known about Mickey if it weren't for the GLP website as I rarely watch tv and don't have cable.Even if he did happen to catch a glimpse of his truck on a poster somewhere he might not even have thought it could have been his unless he actually took the time to read it.

Especially if the only show they watch is "America's Most Wanted..."

Originally Posted by wodalo View Post
http://i45.tinypic.com/rjfkmb.gif

with text
http://i47.tinypic.com/efqirr.gif

it is harder to tell by just looking at it... but how i look at them is another way entirely and less visual and cant post it or you wouldn't understand what you were looking at...

it is her

Bringing this over for newcomers.
In Wodalo's opinion.
Thank you for this. It just breaks my heart. Personally I see the shadow of the trees in front of the 'white wall' catecorner at the gas station; but I do not really see the car that is traveling on university that leaves what Wodalo thinks is a shadow of a car on the white wall by the gas station. I cannot tell which way that car would be coming and going on University; not that it matters.

What does matter is the VOI and MS. She must have really long legs to have been stopped as wodalo claims; if she was wearing grey shoes I can believe it; but I thought she was wearing grey pants. No need to show me any more details of her outfit. Just pondering how this could happen.

If that really is Mickey (and I cannot imagine it being anything else), how can a truck be going that fast without 'intention to murder'?

Read the captions above each photo carefully.

I did. We're going in circles because yes, they did release an updated photo of truck #1, and the updated photo of truck #1 is the photo on the other street, where you can see the tailgate and bed cover.

The photo you are posting is not the updated photo of truck #1. If you got that from a news source, they are wrong too.

And I also wanted to add, I did not add the head banging smiley on purpose when I first replied, I swear! I'm not a fan of using that when addressing other posters. I have caught my iPad sneaking in words I didn't mean to type, and a couple other random smileys also. Not sure how or why?!

Thank you, the DUI-hit and run-run over scenario etc, etc, is quite tedious and not useful. Someone is responsible for this and there was malicious intent involved. This nefarious act demands justice and without the unity of the people to
Code:
FIND MICKEY
, or resolve the case, then, we have nothing (this might be what it takes.... we're still looking for stuff, you know?). Look for me at Blackham Coliseum tomorrow if you want to participate in a determined search. Let me give you a hint... My name rhymes with Billiam, I will be wearing a ball cap as well with MPA on it. BRING MICKEY HOME.

I tend to believe it was an abduction OR she accepted a ride with someone she knew. I have trouble with the drunk driver scenario and having the presence of mind to clean up the "accident" scene.

I lied. I'm not in bed yet.

But IMO this is what we are seeing in those pictures.

I agree. It explains the odd angle of the truck. The engaged brake lights. The road sign on the right.

This theory can be put in the dust bin.

I can only speak for myself, but I never "quit" on any missing person, whether they are believed to be alive or dead. I want to find all the many many deceased missing people just as much as any who are miraculously still alive. The families of all missing people deserve that.

But just as some can't find a reason that someone would remove an injured or deceased person from a crime scene and hide that person, I can't think of a reasonable scenario where the abductor would keep someone alive but dump the victim's bike in a swamp.

Human trafficking, bike placed in an area where many believe a body may never be found...

I did. We're going in circles because yes, they did release an updated photo of truck #1, and the updated photo of truck #1 is the photo on the other street, where you can see the tailgate and bed cover.

The photo you are posting is not the updated photo of truck #1. If you got that from a news source, they are wrong too.

And I also wanted to add, I did not add the head banging smiley on purpose when I first replied, I swear! I'm not a fan of using that when addressing other posters. I have caught my iPad sneaking in words I didn't mean to type, and a couple other random smileys also. Not sure how or why?!

I have interesting input from my iPad, too. Must have its own opinions.

You were using photoshop? I have no experience with it, but if you are looking to get even more detail, hav eyou thought of uding GIMP? it is free and I think you can do more than photoshop with it.

My photoshop cost $600 it doesn't compare to free. That said I apologize if this has been covered I am only up to this point in the thread.

Is it against the rules here to post information about where the searches are taking place???

I believe so. Searches shouldn't be detailed in case the perp is reading, listening, etc. Consider he may see that you searched ABC Street and he knows there is crucial evidence on DEF street... He would go out to move it before its searched. Make sense?

Thank you for this. It just breaks my heart. Personally I see the shadow of the trees in front of the 'white wall' catecorner at the gas station; but I do not really see the car that is traveling on university that leaves what Wodalo thinks is a shadow of a car on the white wall by the gas station. I cannot tell which way that car would be coming and going on University; not that it matters.

What does matter is the VOI and MS. She must have really long legs to have been stopped as wodalo claims; if she was wearing grey shoes I can believe it; but I thought she was wearing grey pants. No need to show me any more details of her outfit. Just pondering how this could happen.

If that really is Mickey (and I cannot imagine it being anything else), how can a truck be going that fast without 'intention to murder'?

Read recent posts. This theory has been severely discredited. That is not Mickey under the truck, so rest easy.

Read recent posts. This theory has been severely discredited. That is not Mickey under the truck, so rest easy.

I'm not counting anything out until the case is solved.

Anything is possible, given what we know.

I have interesting input from my iPad, too. Must have its own opinions.

My iPad would bang its head on the wall if it could, I haven't given it a break in over a week! Maybe that's how the smiley got there. Lol.

Well, some of us like to ponder puzzle pieces. That's pretty much the purpose of the site.

I'm in Pennsylvania. I can't drive bike routes or count security cameras or join a search crew.

One person's tedium is someone else's reason for being here.

Sorry, just a frustrated local who is tired of these agregious rumors and what the Shunick family has to deal with day in and day out. To me, it suggests a diffusion of responsibility in this crime. A hit and run wouldn't be so hard to investigate IMO. Seems like a bold and seasoned perp to me, who is diverting LE and search efforts by dropping the Bike to be found on the bank of the WB pilot channel (river). Don't let my expressions of frustration discourage you, just stating my opinion.

This case is quickly becoming so frustrating. No more clues, lots of confusion, all of us staring at photos trying to see something....anything....
Someone posted on WS that in Louisiana heat, a body would be skeletonized after 2 weeks.

I am getting so upset that we've had no more leads or info in this case, and I'm no longer sure LE knows much more than we do.
What motive would anyone have who ran over anyone and killed them for not coming forward?

If it really was an accident and (most likely LE could not prove otherwise) what kind of sentence would they get? What would this be: negligent homicide? vehicle manslaughter?

I see why people brought of RM now.

We have ONE HOT TRUCK.

I would not be surprised if it went underwater and down the WB river too. and we will never find that truck. If they really ran over her, They got rid of the truck too.

They will just wait it out, sit at home, go to work...someone has to know someone who trying to get a new vehicle somewhere? or even asking to borrow one from friends? What approach would you take if you were trying to get rid of a bicycle, body, AND vehicle? and LIVE?

I believe so. Searches shouldn't be detailed in case the perp is reading, listening, etc. Consider he may see that you searched ABC Street and he knows their is crucial evidence on DEF street... He would go out to move it before its searched. Make sense?

Makes perfect sense!

It looks like a recently filled in pot hole to me?

mickey1.jpeg

If you take a look at Mickey riding her bike you can see a raised surface of sorts where the truck would be. Also I believe that's a road work sign indicating road work is being done on the road and to expect a bumpy ride? Can someone whose been down that street recently clue us in to put a rest to this...

There has been road work going on in that whole subdivision for a while now. BUT i can't say for sure they were working on ST Landry at University- or if they did, when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee