LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people would be facing lots of charges if they did this. Its illegal

Moreover, it would be morally reprehensible to do that to the community.. have them up all night wondering where they could search next, if LE knew she had been run over and had video.

They wouldn't do that. We have decent people in this town, including our LEOs.

Actually even if her mom and sister knew about her being hit.. They still do NOT KNOW where she is and regardless if she is alive or dead they still want her body back to have a proper burial and grieving process. If you recall everyone on here was questioning why her mom made the statement about she thinks "Someone had a accident" like she was so sure of it. Maybe because she actually saw the accident? Maybe the search efforts and volunteer efforts would not be as large if everyone thought someone had a "accident".

If she got run down by a truck and the family saw/knew that, I don't think Charlie would keep saying, "she's alive." They would be a lot more distraught, if that is possible.

Actually even if her mom and sister knew about her being hit.. They still do NOT KNOW where she is and regardless if she is alive or dead they still want her body back to have a proper burial and grieving process. If you recall everyone on here was questioning why her mom made the statement about she thinks "Someone had a accident" like she was so sure of it. Maybe because she actually saw the accident? Maybe the search efforts and volunteer efforts would not be as large if everyone thought someone had a "accident".

Is there something that would make you think her mom saw the accident?

That would be defrauding the public, misuse of government resources, terrorizing the public, all sorts of false charity and donation fraud, just to name a few of the charges they would all face if they had video of everything and already knew she was dead.

Moreover, it would be morally reprehensible to do that to the community.. have them up all night wondering where they could search next, if LE knew she had been run over and had video.

They wouldn't do that. We have decent people in this town, including our LEOs.

Agreed. Law enforcement exist to protect and serve the community. Not kowtow to the wishes of a family. Good police will protect privacy when it does not interfere with criminal investigation. But privacy should never trump justice.

It was I...and this was in the pre-TES days, that was one of the items rattled off to us by our team leader. I'm sure diff TL's were giving slightly different lists, b/c it wasn't organized at the time. Just like the Schwinn Cutter v. Schwinn Madison issue.

I'm not doubting they said this. I didn't volunteer in the pre TES days. It seems each time i volunteered they gave us different things to look for. Hmmm wonder if its because they found some of the things.

Not saw. Theres no way they have that on video for the reasons we all stated. But LE is no doubt holding back other footage and have a good idea of what happened. Im sure she was kept up to date with the info

Ok all I need some rest. For those of you searching tomorrow I will pray she is found.

The rest of you hopefully we can help in our own way here.

Gnite all and sleep well :)

The police tip line? Using regular volunteers to take tips?

That is how it was operating, yes. In fact, I volunteered for it. They stipulate you must be 21 and provide a drivers license. I guess they check each person out a bit before allowing them to man the phone line. They were doing 6 hour shifts, 24/7. But as of 7pm today, (well now yesterday) they cut back on the hours and it now seems that it will only be answered by LE and not the volunteers. HTH.

That is how it was operating, yes. In fact, I volunteered for it. They stipulate you must be 21 and provide a drivers license. I guess they check each person out a bit before allowing them to man the phone line. They were doing 6 hour shifts, 24/7. But as of 7pm today, (well now yesterday) they cut back on the hours and it now seems that it will only be answered by LE and not the volunteers. HTH.

Were the calls forwarded to you or did you have to go somewhere to answer the calls?

*I'm so nosy*

Okay, you make an interesting point. Do remember her saying that, but don't remember if it was before/after the pics were released. Too tired to look it up LOL.

I think it was just suggested by slowlybutshelly--not sure where she came up with the idea.

But then he brought up about the statement NS/NR (?) whichever of her last names we are going with, about it possibly being an accident. Which, I think several members have already disproved

I called the tip line a while back and the person (woman) that answered just said "Detective". How did you answer the phone?

I think it was just suggested by slowlybutshelly--not sure where she came up with the idea.

But then he brought up about the statement NS/NR (?) whichever of her last names we are going with, about it possibly being an accident. Which, I think several members have already disproved

I sometimes get the feeling that "it" (whatever "it" may be) happened closer to her home. Was that also disproved?

FYI for newcomers: dreams, visions, and psychic insight are taboo at WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warsovika