LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! I took a look at the video and stills from the bike route that show the patch, and unfortunately, IMO it doesn't rule out Mickey being hit there (FOR ME). In the Route video, from what I see, looks like both wheels would be raised, but in the truck picture, only one wheel is raised. I too work with photo editing and I just can't rule it out. But that is me.

Good morning! I took a look at the video and stills from the bike route that show the patch, and unfortunately, IMO it doesn't rule out Mickey being hit there (FOR ME). In the Route video, from what I see, looks like both wheels would be raised, but in the truck picture, only one wheel is raised. I too work with photo editing and I just can't rule it out. But that is me.

Like the PI on the case said, Police have the actual video, we are just looking at stills. If she was hit, they would know.

Not knowing the area, but from what I gather, police seem to think the bike was placed in the water, not dumped of the bridge which leaves me to believe not many locals are familiar with the area under the bridge therefore it has to be someone local.

I have a question?

This is a bit off the wall but !!!!
Could they have picked up more than just tacos at Taco Bell?
Could they have been followed?

To me something is a tad off with this BW guy.
Something is missing from the story!
I dont think hes involved but maybe something they did before she went missing is why she is missing!

Like the PI on the case said, Police have the actual video, we are just looking at stills. If she was hit, they would know.

Not knowing the area, but from what I gather, police seem to think the bike was placed in the water, not dumped of the bridge which leaves me to believe not many locals are familiar with the area under the bridge therefore it has to be someone local.

The problem is we don't know what LE knows or doesn't know. Do we know if it was a continuous video or a video that takes stills every few seconds? I'm curious as to why they didn't release the video of Mickey, and instead just stills. It could be nothing, it could be something, just can't rule it out for me.

If she was hit by that truck there would have been noise!
Its 2 am in the morning! PPL are across the street!
I just dont see it!

Also she would have been thrown!
She would have had to have been lying in the street already!
JMO

I have been staring at this photo and its edited versions for the past hour or so. While I can see that this does appear that M might have been run over by the truck I can also see a face coming out of the hub cap (like the special effects in movies). I dont think either is physically possible. Especially if you consider the driver getting out of the truck to pick up a body and a bicycle and being unnoticed while across the street from a somewhat active gas station (or whatever it is). Plus he would have to move the truck to do that.

The image is not high resolution and there is some pixelation which accounts for the distortion in the light and shadows. There is also reflective light in objects which can make an area in the shadows look lighter. Hopefully the attached drawing will explain reflective light and shadows better. Notice at the bottom of the sphere that it is a lighter shade than the area above it.

When you lighten or darken images in photoshop you are essentially removing some of the mid tones (or highlights or shadows) to show more contrast. In a low resolution image there isn't that much definition in the photo to accurately see whats really there.

I am an artist and do alot of photo editing and IMHO the oddness of the shadows below and on the side of the truck is reflected light and not a person or a bicycle.

I saw that too. (Special effects/face in hubcap) Freaked me out.
I feel if there was an accident, there would have been evidence.
The bike would have been mangled, and there would be clear evidence. Someone at gas station would have seen it. Does anyone know if there was any forensic teams at that spot?

Newb here, tried to post this last night, but could not.

There has been road work going on in that whole subdivision for a while now. BUT i can't say for sure they were working on ST Landry at University- or if they did, when.

Her tire is not "up". The bike is contacting pavement.

LA

it was hearsay somewhere far back in the thread, but one of the posters had said part of the search included searching for her pipe which may have been in her purse, and that they had heard her group smoked. but its really all speculation, unless the person that said that can speak up again lol. because i have no way of finding it at the moment.

Lafayette "hippy" bicycle types are known for smoking stuff... trust me. ;)

LA

good morning guys. I am off to do all I could do from Dallas for Mickey. Ride 22 miles and wish for her safe return. I will be in Baton Rouge on Tuesday and will stop at Blackham on the way to get flyers if they are available.

Metta, ( look it up)
LA

My search party today....I drove, let a couple girls ride with me. The girl sitting up front with me tells me her BFF is RM's gf. Following? I'm like "What? Really?" She tells me what SHE thinks of RM (nothing good) but I won't gossip here b/c RM is not considered a POI. She did not claim to have any insider info, just said whether or not she thought he was capable of something like this. There was a whole conversation going and then suddenly there was a phone shoved in my face with this pic of his truck and a bike in the back and I was driving...so I figured I'd learn all about it when we were done searching and I got back on here. But...turns out this is Lauren's white truck. Idk.

Skimming posts from yesterday...and just wanted to ask/make a comment on this BFF and GF of RM's. Could this anyway possible be MS's former BFF---who BW met through her and he used to date. BW stated they had broken up, and she also was not friends with MS any longer (estranged) is the word he used. I've had the thought that this X-situation could be the cause of her missing....especially since BW & MS were moving to NO and would be roommates. Maybe this girl had a vengence. It was only a few weeks before their move when MS went missing. Could also account for BW's words in his first interview and some of the quirkiness when saying "You don't know what you've done."

If it is the xbff/gf, and she is now the bff of RM's gf.......WHOA is right!! Don't for one second think that a couple of girl's couldn't "disappear" another....or persuade a man to get involved with manipulaton.

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississippi/Missing-Woman-Search/-/9156860/13264098/-/9se4k9z/-/index.html

Family increases reward money for missing Mississippi woman ...

Texas Equusearch's Miller can't stay in one place for too long, because his work is never done.

"We've got one in Meridian Mississippi that we're going to be going up on...it never ends."

www.wapt.com/...mississippi/...missing-Mississippi-woman/-/.../-/inde...

A Texas group(TES) is leading the search for a missing Mississippi woman who was last seen leaving a Walmart on April 29.

Question; does she have a thread? Thanks.

Lafayette "hippy" bicycle types are known for smoking stuff... trust me. ;)

LA

Thats why i asked if maybe they bought more than tacos at taco bell!
A little aca gold perhaps?

someone followed .

She left BW's right away she wasnt there long after taco bell...
probably ate in the car!

Just a thought peeps i have heard of drugs being sold out of drive thru windows at fast food places.

Skimming posts from yesterday...and just wanted to ask/make a comment on this BFF and GF of RM's. Could this anyway possible be MS's former BFF---who BW met through her and he used to date. BW stated they had broken up, and she also was not friends with MS any longer (estranged) is the word he used. I've had the thought that this X-situation could be the cause of her missing....especially since BW & MS were moving to NO and would be roommates. Maybe this girl had a vengence. It was only a few weeks before their move when MS went missing. Could also account for BW's words in his first interview and some of the quirkiness when saying "You don't know what you've done."

If it is the xbff/gf, and she is now the bff of RM's gf.......WHOA is right!! Don't for one second think that a couple of girl's couldn't "disappear" another....or persuade a man to get involved with manipulaton.

Good point, I'm having trouble following all the acronyms.

Now that is a certain possibility!

there was a case here in florida where this girl and her GF's killed the girl that was going with her x BF.

Sarah rose Ludeman!
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/apr/16/girl-18-fatally-stabbed-fight-over-boyfriend/

Question; does she have a thread? Thanks.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170752"]MS MS - Linda Gale Reed - 65 years old - Carrollton - 29-Apr-2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Linda Gail Reed (MS) Websleuths

The problem is we don't know what LE knows or doesn't know. Do we know if it was a continuous video or a video that takes stills every few seconds? I'm curious as to why they didn't release the video of Mickey, and instead just stills. It could be nothing, it could be something, just can't rule it out for me.

This is also puzzling for me. Why not release the video or sequence of still shots to the public. What's being hidden?

I don't have the link on my iPad, but up thread someone asked about the pics/videos from taco bell and if anything was released...a drive through shot was released.

The headlines - so promising even a couple days ago - now read, if one googles about,

"Shunick case tips drop off"

"Volunteer effort hits dip"

"LPD scales back manned hours on Mickey Shunick tips line"

Nevertheless - good morning, all. Let this be the day.

I do believe our trusty PI here on WS, A.C.I, confirmed with LCG that it was a continuous video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman