LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these threads, I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I'm not convinced the truck is traveling forward.

<snip>

When I was watching the 10 PM newscast on KATC, the image of Mickey riding past was shown, followed by the image of the DWTIQ. Hoyt Harris said (sorry, paraphrasing here) something along the lines of MS biking past and then less than a minute later, that truck was seen going past. To me, that implies that the video shows forward movement, that MS rode past, followed shortly after by the truck.

Sorry if asking question already posted.
Since it's only the bike found so far, shouldn't we go back a little? The picture with MS & BW at tacobell was not released to the public. Does anyone think that the WT could have been at Artmosphere and/or tacobell and followed them to BW's house and saw her leave alone? If so, LE would have better pictures of driver of WT and/or passengers. What other reasons would the WT be around BW's neighborhood at that time in the morning?

:welcome4:

100% confirmed there is no video from Martin and Castille. Like I stated before they dont even have cameras. They said they wish they did have some and couldve possibly caught something. LE have also gone by and asked, but sadly they have no cameras and cant be of any help.

But thats not to say theres not video from somewhere NEAR there. Trying to find any other cameras in the area.

I saw that too. (Special effects/face in hubcap) Freaked me out.
I feel if there was an accident, there would have been evidence.
The bike would have been mangled, and there would be clear evidence. Someone at gas station would have seen it. Does anyone know if there was any forensic teams at that spot?

Newb here, tried to post this last night, but could not.

I don't know if any of you were here last night, but a new poster was on the fourm by name of "grammiof4". She claims to be involved with the search and also claims that police have video of Mickey from the funeral home further down St. Landry. She said police were working under the assumption that Mickey may ahve been heading towards Johnston St. She said nothing about headlights in a parking lot or the Z-71 turning around.

There are several visitor messages under her user profile that discussing what she knows:
www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=84621

Again all rumor and hearsay.

mammajmj,

We all look forward to hearing your thoughts on our cases. Welcome to Websleuths!!!

:welcome:

I don't know if any of you were here last night, but a new poster was on the fourm by name of "grammiof4". She claims to be involved with the search and also claims that police have video of Mickey from the funeral home further down St. Landry. She said police were working under the assumption that Mickey may ahve been heading towards Johnston St. She said nothing about headlights in a parking lot or the Z-71 turning around.

There are several visitor messages under her user profile that discussing what she knows:
www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?u=84621

Again all rumor and hearsay.

IF the funeral home definitely has no cameras, that puts these rumors in doubt.

Just a note to say...

Welcome to all of our new members, good to have you all with us!

100% confirmed there is no video from Martin and Castille. Like I stated before they dont even have cameras. They said they wish they did have some and couldve possibly caught something. LE have also gone by and asked, but sadly they have no cameras and cant be of any help.

But thats not to say theres not video from somewhere NEAR there. Trying to find any other cameras in the area.

Good work.

For some reason, when I drove by, I could have sworn I saw cameras mounted on the building. Now I'm wondering what it was I saw if not cameras.

Thanks for all the work you're doing, A.C.I.! I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here when I say that it's so very appreciated that you're willing to do some legwork that the rest of us can't.

http://www.wapt.com/news/mississippi/Missing-Woman-Search/-/9156860/13264098/-/9se4k9z/-/index.html

Family increases reward money for missing Mississippi woman ...

Texas Equusearch's Miller can't stay in one place for too long, because his work is never done.

"We've got one in Meridian Mississippi that we're going to be going up on...it never ends."

www.wapt.com/...mississippi/...missing-Mississippi-woman/-/.../-/inde...

A Texas group(TES) is leading the search for a missing Mississippi woman who was last seen leaving a Walmart on April 29.

Thanks Foxfire, can you fix the second link? It's not working. I think the address was cut up when you pasted it.

For some reason, when I drove by, I could have sworn I saw cameras mounted on the building. Now I'm wondering what it was I saw if not cameras.

Thanks for all the work you're doing, A.C.I.! I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here when I say that it's so very appreciated that you're willing to do some legwork that the rest of us can't.

There are some boxy looking lights outside. Those could be confused for cameras.

And no problem. Its what I do ;)

With all these threads, I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I'm not convinced the truck is traveling forward. It could be in reverse, especially given the angle it's at. I don't think LE said whether it was traveling forward or backwards. If in reverse, then that could account for her being in the picture under the wheel and not getting completely run over. They could have hit her, realized quickly, stopped and backed up. That could also leave her alive. I know it's a whole video and they have seen the whole thing, but there's a lot they aren't releasing. I have a cousin that was killed in a similar way. He was hit by a vehicle, the vehicle stopped, thought he was a bump, backed up a little (still not seeing him on the ground very alive), and ran over him again. The second time the driver ran over him, it was fatal. The vehicle that killed him was a truck and they hadn't backed up enough to see him on the ground. The driver was attempting to back up a little and gain momentum to get over the "bump". The driver was drunk.

I have a commitment at 10, then I'm going to search.

This was discussed at length last night. There is a large asphalt patch that covers the full width of the lane just in the front of the truck. There is a road construction sign of the right of the truck. The truck brake lights are illuminated indicating the truck slowed down to cross the patch. A youtube video taken of Mickey's route also shows this patch. There is a very noticable bump when the driver goes over the patch.

I really don't think there is any there there. False lead.

What is the business immediately before M&C?

What is the business immediately before M&C?

Its like a little office plaza with a few businesses in it. I didnt see any cameras there either. I think the only place right there with cameras Ive seen is Lourdes. Not sure if those are functioning or not

I am. However i never confirmed the frame and refresh rates of the LCG camera. I confirmed the 216 St. Landry camera.

Thanks!

So, we still don't know if it was continuous rolling film? Or did the family P.I. confirm that?

Its like a little office plaza with a few businesses in it. I didnt see any cameras there either. I think the only place right there with cameras Ive seen is Lourdes. Not sure if those are functioning or not

Where did 216 St. Landry video come from?

What camera is the image of the old care coming from?

With all these threads, I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I'm not convinced the truck is traveling forward. It could be in reverse, especially given the angle it's at. I don't think LE said whether it was traveling forward or backwards. If in reverse, then that could account for her being in the picture under the wheel and not getting completely run over. They could have hit her, realized quickly, stopped and backed up. That could also leave her alive. I know it's a whole video and they have seen the whole thing, but there's a lot they aren't releasing. I have a cousin that was killed in a similar way. He was hit by a vehicle, the vehicle stopped, thought he was a bump, backed up a little (still not seeing him on the ground very alive), and ran over him again. The second time the driver ran over him, it was fatal. The vehicle that killed him was a truck and they hadn't backed up enough to see him on the ground. The driver was attempting to back up a little and gain momentum to get over the "bump". The driver was drunk.

I have a commitment at 10, then I'm going to search.

yes... could be going in reverse... cannot confirm... i think i can confirm it is going slowly or is stopped, without going into details...

also... i feel this is important... per "i know it's a whole video" change your thinking to "i believe it's a whole video" as you do not KNOW either way unless YOU have checked or it is confirmed by LE...
any "facts" about this case any member here "leaks" need to be considered but not taken as gold... even if it makes sense...

howabout stopping at that building across from circle k and getting a pic of the camera and possibly run inside and ask them personally... this is a simple detail they might not think is privileged information and freely tell you... here is a way you could ask and get an answer...

hello, my name is ....... and i live at ......., "i am part of the search team" trying to find mickey... there are so many people that have come together in this community to help find this girl it warms my heart that there are still good people out there willing to do whatever it takes... i just wanted to say thank you for all you have done for this girl and her family and wanted to urge everybody not to give up.... if we all continue to work together like this... we will find her... i cant thank you enough...
BTW... do you know if that camera out front records video continuously 24/7, or is it one of those ones that just snaps a picture every so often... (if no answer)... the reason i ask is there is a small detail off in the background of that evening we think might have been missed and "we" think it might be important to pass on to "our" lead investigator to come down to look into more closely...
thank you.... (you should have your answer)

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member