LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also puzzling for me. Why not release the video or sequence of still shots to the public. What's being hidden?

Someone posted yesterday night for the first time who was helping with search. Said a detective on case told her that there was video of Mickey down by the funeral home past the point in front of Circle K. She said police thought Mickey was heading towards Johnston St. If correct, that would be a major clue. But this is all hearsay. She did not see the video herself and we don't know if she actually did turn towards Johnston or not.

Someone posted yesterday night for the first time who was helping with search. Said a detective on case told her that there was video of Mickey down by the funeral home past the point in front of Circle K. She said police thought Mickey was heading towards Johnston St. If correct, that would be a major clue. But this is all hearsay. She did not see the video herself and we don't know if she actually did turn towards Johnston or not.

Gonna try to see that video and confirm it for myself today

Hi everyone,

I"m new here and have been reading for a while. What is in between LUS and the funeral home? Security system worker turned in a video of MS riding by immediately after the LUS shot and much closer to the camera- followed by the Z71. Though it goes out of camera shot the lights of the truck seem to turn around (maybe in M&C parking lot). 2 minutes goes by and then the truck is seen coming back toward University. Personally I think whatever happened- happened in those 2 minutes. So that would be near Brashear? To have happened so quickly and without evidence I think it must have been someone she knew o at least had met before to trust them enough to get in "peacefully".
I don't have a link for this video and I know we are supposed to stay away from rumor but it was seen by someone I know. I'm sure the police have good reason for keeping it from the public and it actually gives me hope if they have. Maybe they know a lot more than they are letting on? We can hope!

This is also puzzling for me. Why not release the video or sequence of still shots to the public. What's being hidden?

Maybe the rest of the video or the still shots don't show anything that would be of any value to the public. Or maybe they are just holding back some shots because they need time to analyze everything.

Keep in mind, the general public does NOT have the right to see all the evidence in any case. Only if they need the public's help... then sometimes they will release information.

Hi everyone,

I"m new here and have been reading for a while. What is in between LUS and the funeral home? Security system worker turned in a video of MS riding by immediately after the LUS shot and much closer to the camera- followed by the Z71. Though it goes out of camera shot the lights of the truck seem to turn around (maybe in M&C parking lot). 2 minutes goes by and then the truck is seen coming back toward University. Personally I think whatever happened- happened in those 2 minutes. So that would be near Brashear? To have happened so quickly and without evidence I think it must have been someone she knew o at least had met before to trust them enough to get in "peacefully".
I don't have a link for this video and I know we are supposed to stay away from rumor but it was seen by someone I know. I'm sure the police have good reason for keeping it from the public and it actually gives me hope if they have. Maybe they know a lot more than they are letting on? We can hope!

Welcome!!!!

That would prolly be the camera that caught the Olds 98, if true. That is at 216 St. Landry, on the same side MS and Olds were on...and first property after LUS.

With all these threads, I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I'm not convinced the truck is traveling forward. It could be in reverse, especially given the angle it's at. I don't think LE said whether it was traveling forward or backwards. If in reverse, then that could account for her being in the picture under the wheel and not getting completely run over. They could have hit her, realized quickly, stopped and backed up. That could also leave her alive. I know it's a whole video and they have seen the whole thing, but there's a lot they aren't releasing. I have a cousin that was killed in a similar way. He was hit by a vehicle, the vehicle stopped, thought he was a bump, backed up a little (still not seeing him on the ground very alive), and ran over him again. The second time the driver ran over him, it was fatal. The vehicle that killed him was a truck and they hadn't backed up enough to see him on the ground. The driver was attempting to back up a little and gain momentum to get over the "bump". The driver was drunk.

I have a commitment at 10, then I'm going to search.

Welcome!!!!

That would prolly be the camera that caught the Olds 98, if true. That is at 216 St. Landry, on the same side MS and Olds were on...and first property after LUS.

I agree. But, if there is evidence the Z-71 turned around further down St. Landry and headed back to University, why hold that back from public?

I cannot find a rationale.

I agree. But, if there is evidence the Z-71 turned around further down St. Landry and headed back to University, why hold that back from public?

Because they dont want the public to be too suspicious of anyone. Thats how vigilante mobs get started. And all the z71 drivers would be being harassed even more than they already are.

Because they dont want the public to be too suspicious of anyone. Thats how vigilante mobs get started. And all the z71 drivers would be being harassed even more than they already are.

Thats what I thought too. They don't want to start a 'hunt'. Also, there must be a video from there if they have stills with the old car right?

I have no idea or clue zimmer, but I take all rumors with a large dose of salt,...yet have made a mental note of them. ;)

****Just want to relay.....if you "know" you remember something previously stated my LE, a reporter, or a person and can't find it.....it may be in a video you viewed...and not mentioned in the attached article.

I am. However i never confirmed the frame and refresh rates of the LCG camera. I confirmed the 216 St. Landry camera.

I think maybe they meant "THE" PI, as the family's PI, not "A" PI. We don't need more confusion. Now back to lurking......

I am. However i never confirmed the frame and refresh rates of the LCG camera. I confirmed the 216 St. Landry camera.

I misunderstood Eavesdropping post. I originally thought she was saying you were the PI hired by the family. I presume she was just being euphemistic.

I think maybe they meant "THE" PI, as the family's PI, not "A" PI. We don't need more confusion. Now back to lurking......

Yeah, Im definitely not THE p.i working for the family. If anyone was confused about that. Im investigating on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee