LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About to. I'm finding my bedtime reading - which usually puts me to sleep in 20 minutes, is working in about 5, these days.

:eek:fftobed:

May I suggest the girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy. I'm on the last book it's amazing.

Okay, you make an interesting point. Do remember her saying that, but don't remember if it was before/after the pics were released. Too tired to look it up LOL.

I thought it was after the bike was found.

I sometimes get the feeling that "it" (whatever "it" may be) happened closer to her home. Was that also disproved?

No, I don't think so. Only that the trail turns cold at St. Landry and University. That is a long way from Congress and Ambassador Caffrey where here home is. She did not get very far from her departure point before we lost her trail.

Of course, we don't know what LE are holding back.

If there is a video showing her heading to Johnston St. that would certainly open up new theories.

That would be defrauding the public, misuse of government resources, terrorizing the public, all sorts of false charity and donation fraud, just to name a few of the charges they would all face if they had video of everything and already knew she was dead.

Just because she was hit by a vehicle does not mean she is dead. Plenty of people get hit by vehicles and live. If she was hit and taken from the scene that is still an abduction. If you remember multiple pleas from the mom and daughter saying "just drop her off at a public place and leave we will handle it from there and will not pursue you"

Here is the issue I'm having with letting this picture go. I feel like it just doesn't look like the truck is connecting with the road. It looks un natural to me. I took the white line from the road and created the red line. Then I copied the red line, recolored it, and moved it down to the bottom of the back tire. You can see there is a space between where I THINK the bottom of the front tire should be, and where it actually is.

uUP6r.jpg

I have been staring at this photo and its edited versions for the past hour or so. While I can see that this does appear that M might have been run over by the truck I can also see a face coming out of the hub cap (like the special effects in movies). I dont think either is physically possible. Especially if you consider the driver getting out of the truck to pick up a body and a bicycle and being unnoticed while across the street from a somewhat active gas station (or whatever it is). Plus he would have to move the truck to do that.

The image is not high resolution and there is some pixelation which accounts for the distortion in the light and shadows. There is also reflective light in objects which can make an area in the shadows look lighter. Hopefully the attached drawing will explain reflective light and shadows better. Notice at the bottom of the sphere that it is a lighter shade than the area above it.

When you lighten or darken images in photoshop you are essentially removing some of the mid tones (or highlights or shadows) to show more contrast. In a low resolution image there isn't that much definition in the photo to accurately see whats really there.

I am an artist and do alot of photo editing and IMHO the oddness of the shadows below and on the side of the truck is reflected light and not a person or a bicycle.

Attachments

• drawing_101_seeing_light_and_shadows-fig08.jpg
    drawing_101_seeing_light_and_shadows-fig08.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 33
Can't keep up with the threads plus there seems to be too many off topic discussions. Thanks to everyone for all the 'off ws time' sleuthing they have done. That being said, while the light under the truck does seem like it could be a bike light, I have to agree that if she were hit, she would have gone flying. For her to be under the truck: it would have had to cover her from above, no one would have seen it, the police would have it on video, and there would be bike parts, however small in the road. I just can't add this up to where it makes sense. At least in that location. Now what other evidence or videos the police have, we might not be prevy to. The placement of the bike to me means cover up of a crime, not a drunken hit and run. Jmo.

Unless LE comes out with something new...the threads will slow down and everyone will be caught up.

Sorry if this was covered-just could not find.
What happened to the story of Joy Patterson's daughter who said she was picked up by a man in a similar looking truck and offered money for sex?

Unless LE comes out with something new...the threads will slow down and everyone will be caught up.

True, that would be the good side of it. Once we all get over the white trucks things should slow down until a new announcement. At first, though, what came to mind when I read this is the Holly Bobo thread - no new info since the beginning. I don't think I can stand to have that happen in another case.

The fact that the person driving the white truck has not come foward to clear his/her name makes me even more sure that that person had something to do with mickeys dissapearance. And i think if had been an accident we would know already. Since no new info has surfaced it loons like someone is doing a lot of cover up. I feel that she was abducted. If she had been hit there would be blood evidence on the road, as she would have been thrown from the bike. Its possible her bikes tire was damaged some other way. :(

The fact that the person driving the white truck has not come foward to clear his/her name makes me even more sure that that person had something to do with mickeys dissapearance. And i think if had been an accident we would know already. Since no new info has surfaced it loons like someone is doing a lot of cover up. I feel that she was abducted. If she had been hit there would be blood evidence on the road, as she would have been thrown from the bike. Its possible her bikes tire was damaged some other way. :(

I agree, there would be some sort of broken bike parts or something along her route if she was hit.

My theory from what I know thus far- she took a different route out of the ordinary cause she maybe felt like she was being followed and if there was actually a man out there looking to pick up young girls, he may have either "accidentaly" bumped her back wheel with his car then "having" to give her a ride. Still cannot make the timeline of pictures out, but looks like the white truck in question may have passed her, then turned around or went around a block or something. I would hope police would have video if the truck in question was "crusing" the town on this nite or others.

Moreover, it would be morally reprehensible to do that to the community.. have them up all night wondering where they could search next, if LE knew she had been run over and had video.

They wouldn't do that. We have decent people in this town, including our LEOs.

Sorry if asking question already posted.
Since it's only the bike found so far, shouldn't we go back a little? The picture with MS & BW at tacobell was not released to the public. Does anyone think that the WT could have been at Artmosphere and/or tacobell and followed them to BW's house and saw her leave alone? If so, LE would have better pictures of driver of WT and/or passengers. What other reasons would the WT be around BW's neighborhood at that time in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member