Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST A little FYI:

My brother was on a bicycle late last year and was hit from behind by a pickup truck. He DID sustain a closed head injury, but believe me, there was plenty of blood at the scene. His foot, for instance, was hanging on by a ligament. His entire left side was a giant, bleeding scrape. And while his bike was largely intact,the frame was bent, and there were pieces of his auxillary lights and other little pieces from the bike found all over.....even across the street from where he was hit.

I am not saying all vehicle/bike accidents would play out the same way, but I would be very, very surprised to not have any evidence of an accident at all.

I hope your brother is doing well now. So very sorry.

So you are saying that she was abducted for no other purpose than for being immediately thrown over a bridge to get rid of her? There was no other reason she was abducted, and so you went through the risk of an abduction to drive immediately to a bridge?

That seems kind of a pointless exercise, to me, unless there were a vendetta and this was a straight-up murder.

If she was abducted and kept for 2-3-4 days.... the bike DID turn up later, you know, then the perp has time to decide what to do and to make a decent plan, instead of a hurried one. Taking a boat out is a decent plan

I don't see taking the boat out as a decent plan. If the perp was "planning" he wouldn't get rid of the evidence in something so exposed as a boat. He's more likely to dump on private property where there won't be any witnesses.

If can rule OUT a water approach, then we can focus more on land. If we can rule IN a water appraoch, then they need to be looking for a Z71 that put in a boat down at Butte la Rose or other launch point that would allow upstream access to Whiskey Bay.

IMO, it does matter to sort out a water approach.... it would waste resources to look for a boat when it can be ruled out, but it would impede finding Mickey if a boat can be ruled in and there are no resources applied.

Are they looking for a boat? Why would they IF they have the bike with white paint on it to match to a white truck they may already have video of and asking the public for help in locating it? Finding a boat or whether it went in by boat would not matter at this point....unless the white paint were from a boat...which I don't think it is. Wouldn't it be easier on LE resources to discover the link of the paint on a Z71 than the unreality of finding a link between a Z71 and a boat launched at Butte la Rose with a bike in it? Do they have camera at these boat ramps? Sure it may be found out after they find the perp he placed the bike in the water by boat, (if he wants to admit it) but it won't matter because he's already in custody.....and being drilled for Mickey's location...which is the goal here. And didn't LE already state they believe it entered by way of land?

I just don't see the relevance, tbh.

Just for fun... Floating bike:
http://www.student-weekly.com/300112/educate4.html

flood-1.jpg

Quoting my earlier post:

IMHO, the light source is a reflection off the road of the bright lights at Circle K. Look on Google Earth. The word "ONLY" is in large white letters in the left turning lane directly behind the location of the truck in the photo. The lettering material is likely highly reflective and the reflected light bouncing up under the truck toward the camera. I think the fact that the light falls on a line exactly between the light source and the camera is a pretty good clue.

You are right that it does not show up on the other photo, though.

Why would it not show in the other photo, since there would be almost nothing to block it!

I want to rule this out once and for all, look at both pictures, could an under inflated tire running over a bump, cause the tire to look this distorted?

Attachments

• undertruck2.jpg
    undertruck2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 53
  • undertruck.jpg
    undertruck.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 56
Just thinking out loud, if the bike wasn't thrown off the bridge like LE believes, it was found too close the boat ramp to need a boat IMO, I am thinking the person drove up to the boat ramp (in the dark) just for easy access to the water. The bike was appox. 20-22 lbs. & just picked it up, swung & heaved into the water. JMO

Very plausible, and it the leading theory, as I understand it.

I'm playing devil's advocate and trying out some more theories.

I can't tell whether you're being serious or not, but there is too little detail in that blown-up picture to make definitive statements like this. I believe many people here are experiencing Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

edit: Hmm, didn't expect the link to come out like that...

Im very serious!
I see a dog!
And the passenger is looking out the window!

I honestly can't make heads or tails of it. Yes, there is some light source under the truck, no, it's not there when Mickey passes. And it's not the light source that bothers me so much, as the tire. The tire is partially obscured by something, on both sides of it. If it ran over a bump, would the tire look like it was in the shape of a V like it does on that shot? I don't know, unless the tire was under inflated.

Driver saw the bump and swerved left to avoid it. That, and the upward compression, would have distorted the tire. That's why the truck wasn;t aligned with the lane - he swerved due to the bump.

It's pretty visible:

St_Landry_bump.jpg

I understand what u are saying!

I just do not think they did that!

Its 2 am you have abducted a young woman and she is in your truck along with her bike.
Now you do not know how long u have to get rid of everything cause someone can be looking for her. U need to get rid of the bike u drive to whiskey bay and throw it over I think they will find her out there also.

JMO!

ITA - makes the most sense to me (fwiw)....

Wish we knew more about how and exactly where Mickey's bike was found.

"No more than 30 feet from shore" per the reporter's email to chicken fried could include "placed or snagged at the shoreline".

Was the bike "partially submerged" as early reports said, or "submerged" as all later reports have said?

Unless there is some obstruction offshore that would prevent the bike from being carried further downstream...a sandbar, pile of boulders, etc....

The channel/river is mud-colored, so that seems to preclude that it was found purely by sight (unless only partially submerged, or being moved up and down by current), or at the shoreline.

Did they snag it with a fishing line, or their propeller, etc., and bring it up? Did they see it moving down the channel and watch it get caught up, or snare it? An early report said that at first they didn't think much of it until they heard about Mickey and a bike being missing (paraphrased). That leads me to think that it was somewhere that it was recoverable (by LE) once the fishermen's account was relayed to LE.

:waitasec:

I don't see taking the boat out as a decent plan. If the perp was "planning" he wouldn't get rid of the evidence in something so exposed as a boat. He's more likely to dump on private property where there won't be any witnesses.

Buzzards
Odor
Hunters
DNA

Body would likely be found.

Boat is cleaner.

Sorry, we disagree.

I've had my say this morning... got to go get some things done.

Keep on sleuthin'!

I am still bothered by the girl who told her mother she took a ride from a man in a white pickup approx 2 months ago. Did anything come of it? She stated he dropped her off at the Walgreens, would they still have video from that far back and could verify the incident and/or truck?

I am highly suspecious of this incident and cannot get it out of my head at the moment.

Praying for Mickey today!

Are they looking for a boat? Why would they IF they have the bike with white paint on it to match to a white truck they may already have video of and asking the public for help in locating it? Finding a boat or whether it went in by boat would not matter at this point....unless the white paint were from a boat...which I don't think it is. Wouldn't it be easier on LE resources to discover the link of the paint on a Z71 than the unreality of finding a link between a Z71 and a boat launched at Butte la Rose with a bike in it? Do they have camera at these boat ramps? Sure it may be found out after they find the perp he placed the bike in the water by boat, (if he wants to admit it) but it won't matter because he's already in custody.....and being drilled for Mickey's location...which is the goal here. And didn't LE already state they believe it entered by way of land?

I just don't see the relevance, tbh.

They have a pic of the Z71. They don't have one of the boat. They're enlisting the public's help with the truck.

Finding a boat might help find a body. We have to work all angles, and not just focus on the truck.

And NO, LE did NOT state the bike was placed there by land. They stated it was "placed there, not thrown from the bridge"

Fine, but big, difference. I'm taking them at their word, and looking at all options.

Just thinking out loud, if the bike wasn't thrown off the bridge like LE believes, it was found too close the boat ramp to need a boat IMO, I am thinking the person drove up to the boat ramp (in the dark) just for easy access to the water. The bike was appox. 20-22 lbs. & just picked it up, swung & heaved into the water. JMO

I agree with you. In my opinion, if they had that stuff loaded onto a boat and they were in the water, they would have dumped it a mile or so away, at the least. JMO

Chicken, the problem that I'm having with this picture, is the truck tires that look not right, and if the light source is there, why isn't it in the picture with only Mickey?

Check out the pick of the back of the other WT going opposite way at same spot on road, you see a similar bike light-looking reflection (IMO).

I swear Mammamia the longer u look at that pic u can see the person in the front seat and the dog in the back...

The person appears to have sunglasses on!
The dog you really see the nose and the eyes and the ears!

I agree with some other posters who have said how difficult it is to follow these threads as they fly by....for those of us who have daily activities, coming home to find an entire thread to catch up on is pretty overwhelming. That is why I am going to ask a couple things that may have already been discussed ad nauseum.

Could someone please provide the link/s that show what some perceive as Mickey under the truck?

Has anyone heard when the next press conference will be?

TIA.

Here's a good review I found with time lines and pictures:

http://999ktdy.com/mickey-shunick-latest-update/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics