LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they looking for a boat? Why would they IF they have the bike with white paint on it to match to a white truck they may already have video of and asking the public for help in locating it? Finding a boat or whether it went in by boat would not matter at this point....unless the white paint were from a boat...which I don't think it is. Wouldn't it be easier on LE resources to discover the link of the paint on a Z71 than the unreality of finding a link between a Z71 and a boat launched at Butte la Rose with a bike in it? Do they have camera at these boat ramps? Sure it may be found out after they find the perp he placed the bike in the water by boat, (if he wants to admit it) but it won't matter because he's already in custody.....and being drilled for Mickey's location...which is the goal here. And didn't LE already state they believe it entered by way of land?

I just don't see the relevance, tbh.

They have a pic of the Z71. They don't have one of the boat. They're enlisting the public's help with the truck.

Finding a boat might help find a body. We have to work all angles, and not just focus on the truck.

And NO, LE did NOT state the bike was placed there by land. They stated it was "placed there, not thrown from the bridge"

Fine, but big, difference. I'm taking them at their word, and looking at all options.

i saw and took a pic of a white z71 with a pontoon boat yesterday driving thru lafayette. i also called it in to the tip line but i could only get the plate from the boat and just partial of the one on the truck. i also didn't pay attention to whether or not it had 4 doors and the pic is at a weird angle and there's a lot of reflection for me to tell.

Lafayette Police Department News....

Nothing new today, but if you scroll down, there are the pictures of the various vehicles, a picture of Mickey and a picture of her bike.

Don't know how to say this, but these are fairly clean pictures....if pictures need to be used again.

Link not working.....

Im very serious!
I see a dog!
And the passenger is looking out the window!

I see the passenger too,it looks like he has sunglasses on.I also see the dog next to him but then again I also see what looks like an alien on the hood!:eek:

Maybe some curly blonde hair, in the area, along the edges of buildings or street signs. Maybe in a street drain if there is one near by.

No offense to anyone at all, but I would be on my hands and knees looking for anything in the area where my child was last seen!

I actually DID get on my hands and knees and look in those gutters/drains whatever you want to call them...HOPING not to see any curly blonde hair. I just knew she had to be somewhere. Or some of her belongings. But I did not have a flashlight and definitely possible we missed something. I'm sure LE/TES checked them thoroughly though.

I am still bothered by the girl who told her mother she took a ride from a man in a white pickup approx 2 months ago. Did anything come of it? She stated he dropped her off at the Walgreens, would they still have video from that far back and could verify the incident and/or truck?

I am highly suspecious of this incident and cannot get it out of my head at the moment.

Praying for Mickey today!

Obviously the man in the white pick up that gave the young girl a ride and propositioned her is a pervert and should be investigated. But, if he was a
kidnapper or serial killer, the girl would have not been dropped off at Walgreens.

Does anyone know if search dogs were taken along the route that Mickey travelled from BW's home to where she was last seen?

Yes, but after it had rained. They came up with nothing according to LE.

I want to rule this out once and for all, look at both pictures, could an under inflated tire running over a bump, cause the tire to look this distorted?

I wonder if someone could go out to the spot and take a photo and upload it the this thread. It would allay some fears here.

Or someone heard but ignored it. And I have heard this a number of times where people just don't want to get involved.

And that is why we have to keep putting her flyers up. If someone did hear and ignored, let's not allow them to ignore her. We need her face at every grocery store and gas station they go to. So every time they see her they will go back to that moment and finally spill what they know.

I want to rule this out once and for all, look at both pictures, could an under inflated tire running over a bump, cause the tire to look this distorted?

In these pictures, it does sorta look like the passenger side door is ajar. But I think it is an illusion. The photo is high pixelated and it looks like it is creating an "edge" that is not there. The door does not look ajar in the regular photo.

Hello Miabella, and welcome to WebSleuths.

I wonder if someone could go out to the spot and take a photo and upload it the this thread. It would allay some fears here.

I'm going there today, but my camera busted - dropped it at Jazzfest :-(

But I will eyeball it for you.

Honestly, I don't to see anything more than the screencap of Becky & Shelly's video.

Just look at where their hood is pointed. THEY are obviously swerving TOO to avoid the bump! Just like the truck!!

St_Landry_bump.jpg

Just thinking out loud, if the bike wasn't thrown off the bridge like LE believes, it was found too close the boat ramp to need a boat IMO, I am thinking the person drove up to the boat ramp (in the dark) just for easy access to the water. The bike was appox. 20-22 lbs. & just picked it up, swung & heaved into the water. JMO

This makes the most sense to me. Also, in a previous news article, it was noted that tire tracks were found off the road near the bicycle recovery. If it were a non-local, the opportunity would be noticed at the opposite end of the bridge with all the Swamp Welcome/Visitor Center signs (not even going to try to spell the swamp) with a minute or two to plan a detour at the next exit, dump the bicycle and avoid detection of the truck (assuming) bed contents from an aerial surveillence. Returning westbound to I-10 & continuing with MS still.

Just thinking out loud, if the bike wasn't thrown off the bridge like LE believes, it was found too close the boat ramp to need a boat IMO, I am thinking the person drove up to the boat ramp (in the dark) just for easy access to the water. The bike was appox. 20-22 lbs. & just picked it up, swung & heaved into the water. JMO

That's LE's theory. They had tire tracks to support that as well.

Does anybody know if BW tried to contact MS later during the day? Surely the phone records can show if he called her or texted her. Did he attend her brother's graduation, if they're such good friends. Did he meet up with MS family at graduation?

I would still like some input on what the bright light under the truck is. When MS is at that location, there is no bright light on the ground under her. Would the truck's headlight reflect that much below it or is the light reflected off of something in front of the truck, bouncing back to the area under the truck?

As someone else brought up, it may be a reflection caused by the light of a vehicle coming from the other way. When the pics flash back and forth you can see there is a light much brighter in the whole pic of the truck. IMO.

That's LE's theory. They had tire tracks to support that as well.

If they can't ID the truck, how could they link the tire tracks to it?? Bet there are a lot of tracks there. It's an obvious lurking spot for a variety of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx