LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the media and everyone here is focused on St. Landry because thats where she was last seen by camera. I agree with you that early on it was believed she made it a lot further down. That's why i've stated I won't be surprised if it happened closer to her home.

I think she was headed to St Mary's St in route to Johnson St, that would have taken her right past the Taco Bell, where she and friend had eaten. JMHO

You know what guys, Chicken is correct, look at the picture again, the truck does look to be swerving to the left to avoid the bump. Look at the distance away from the side of the road the two tires are, front and back ones.

The pic of MS also shows bumpy stuff by her...what appears to NE her in the other pic under the truck.

On another subject, I was curious about the car by the bank on Versailles and wondered if the ATM was closer to the road or parking lot. I went today and there are touchbutton security keys to get in the lobby and the doors are locked. So MS may be stopped if someone asked her about the ATM or how to get in the lobby. I don't know if this ATM is closed always on weekends or every patron knows the passcode. I found it odd. Anyone know?

Tire marks: Near the bike, police also say they found tire marks from a vehicle that was driving off the road's side leading police to believe the vehicle placed the bike there

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.

'We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found, Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department told ABC.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hunick-damaged-suggesting-victim-hit-run.html

That is the best scenario, yes.
The only reason I'm trying out other ones is that LE is susceptible to Groupthink, too. I can think of a lot of reasons why there might be tire tracks there. But it they can't ID the vehicle of even give us a year or manufacturer.... then how have they linked those tracks to ANY truck (even if they do think a truck made the tracks). I take the tracks thing with a grain of salt

i would not be surprised if not one LEO has thought of the floating-bike theory. After all, it was only partially submerged. I wonder if they tested it for buoyancy? Doubtful.

BTW, I am confused about the fishermen who found the bike. I haven't heard anyone talk about who they are. nothing in the boat community or in the media. two fisherman find this at a well populated boat launch and I haven't even heard a whisper about who they are.

I can see it! The passenger looks to have a hoodie on and maybe dark glasses the dog is large i can see his nose and ears and eyes!
LOL

I think I see what you seebut in this case I think it's just the graininess from the pic being blown up. The dots are "arranged" perfectly for us to see that... And more I'm sure. BUT you just Never know!!

I have been on this event sent Sunday May 20th and I have some personal observations. I know what I discovered. I know what I observed. y personal feeling the first couple of days (week), was that she made it to congress close to Guilbeau and Congress. But with all the media Focused on St. Landry, then I just figured on was wrong.

Please share.

Have someone go out to the site with a four door truck, a step ladder, and a camera. Place step ladder at location of camera. Probably won't be able to get high enough, but maybe close enough. Then have truck drive by the spot. Should be relatively easy to recreate the photo if we are correct.

Good idea, but not necessary. Photos of any vehicle hitting that bump will do, from ground level. Honestly, i don't need another picture. The screencap from the WS members' video, combined with the released photo of the truck, tells the whole story.

I think the media and everyone here is focused on St. Landry because thats where she was last seen by camera. I agree with you that early on it was believed she made it a lot further down. That's why i've stated I won't be surprised if it happened closer to her home.

Is there evidence she was closer to home? This would be a major change.

LOL! LUS is going to have a ball with people showing up in their parking lot with ladders and cameras, all to rule something out that has already been ruled out!

By the way, it's not LUS. That's Lafayette Utilities System. It's LCG = Lafayette Consolidated Government....

That is the best scenario, yes.
The only reason I'm trying out other ones is that LE is susceptible to Groupthink, too. I can think of a lot of reasons why there might be tire tracks there. But it they can't ID the vehicle of even give us a year or manufacturer.... then how have they linked those tracks to ANY truck (even if they do think a truck made the tracks). I take the tracks thing with a grain of salt

i would not be surprised if not one LEO has thought of the floating-bike theory. After all, it was only partially submerged. I wonder if they tested it for buoyancy? Doubtful.

Who knows huh? The only thing I can think, is that if the tire marks were fresh that may lead to a truck tire, but then ya have other trucks that probably go there also, and also, someone had to already have been in that area where they located the bike, unless it was located by a boater. I just don't know.

Have someone go out to the site with a four door truck, a step ladder, and a camera. Place step ladder at location of camera. Probably won't be able to get high enough, but maybe close enough. Then have truck drive by the spot. Should be relatively easy to recreate the photo if we are correct.

eta: Nevermind.

BTW, everything I discovered went to the proper places when I discovered them.

LOL! LUS is going to have a ball with people showing up in their parking lot with ladders and cameras, all to rule something out that has already been ruled out!

Aren't they closed on Sat-Sun? While I have ruled it out a long time ago, I think many are still dwelling on it.

I think she was headed to St Mary's St in route to Johnson St, that would have taken her right past the Taco Bell, where she and friend had eaten. JMHO

Checked there a little earlier and unfortunately I didn't see one useful camera in the brashear neighborhood or all the way down St. Mary to Johnston. Continuing down St. Landry (assuming perhaps LE does have video of her at 216 St. Landry or it didn't catch her somehow) there is a camera in the Sterling Life Insurance drive through that has a view of the street. But unfortunately they are closed until Monday so I cant ask them about their video. But other than that, past 216 St. Landry and In the back parking lot of LCG, there are no useful cameras that point at the street that I saw anywhere in the area.

I do have a question for all of you about the truck. In the pic of the truck turning left onto university, in the rear glass, is that a reflection of one of those chevrolet decals that they put on trucks sometimes? You have all probably reviewed that already, and I am late to the forum. Sorry if I am asking something you have already discussed.

Checked there a little earlier and unfortunately I didn't see one useful camera in the brashear neighborhood or all the way down St. Mary to Johnston. Continuing down St. Landry (assuming perhaps LE does have video of her at 216 St. Landry or it didn't catch her somehow) there is a camera in the Sterling Life Insurance drive through that has a view of the street. But unfortunately they are closed until Monday so I cant ask them about their video. But other than that, past 216 St. Landry and In the back parking lot of LCG, there are no useful cameras that point at the street that I saw anywhere in the area.

What about at the Taco Bell? Are there any cams there that may have caught her turning onto Johnston? IF, she got that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne