LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes the most sense to me. Also, in a previous news article, it was noted that tire tracks were found off the road near the bicycle recovery. If it were a non-local, the opportunity would be noticed at the opposite end of the bridge with all the Swamp Welcome/Visitor Center signs (not even going to try to spell the swamp) with a minute or two to plan a detour at the next exit, dump the bicycle and avoid detection of the truck (assuming) bed contents from an aerial surveillence. Returning westbound to I-10 & continuing with MS still.

Unless my memory has gone bad, all those "swamp/welcome/visitor" signs are at Butte la Rose exit - miles west - not at the west end of the WB bridge.

I can't tell whether you're being serious or not, but there is too little detail in that blown-up picture to make definitive statements like this. I believe many people here are experiencing Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

edit: Hmm, didn't expect the link to come out like that...

Pareidolia is one of my Favorite Words!

Check out the pick of the back of the other WT going opposite way at same spot on road, you see a similar bike light-looking reflection (IMO).

You are quite right! The light is seen under BOTH trucks. So unless anyone wants to suggest that two unrelated trucks, one of which has been cleared by LE, ran over Mickey......

It's just not logical, peeps!

This makes the most sense to me. Also, in a previous news article, it was noted that tire tracks were found off the road near the bicycle recovery. If it were a non-local, the opportunity would be noticed at the opposite end of the bridge with all the Swamp Welcome/Visitor Center signs (not even going to try to spell the swamp) with a minute or two to plan a detour at the next exit, dump the bicycle and avoid detection of the truck (assuming) bed contents from an aerial surveillence. Returning westbound to I-10 & continuing with MS still.

Can you write this better? Did you intend a comma after the word, "bridge?" I just realized that I can't understand the comment.

You know what guys, Chicken is correct, look at the picture again, the truck does look to be swerving to the left to avoid the bump. Look at the distance away from the side of the road the two tires are, front and back ones.

Attachments

• swervetruck.jpg
    swervetruck.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 54
You know what guys, Chicken is correct, look at the picture again, the truck does look to be swerving to the left to avoid the bump. Look at the distance away from the side of the road the two tires are, front and back ones.

Thanks. you have been honestly and diligently vetting that photo, without hysteria. I appreciate the hard work :)

This ALSO explains why Mickey was so far out in the lane, AND takes away ammo from people who said she was getting out in the lane specifically to turn left.

I have been on this event sent Sunday May 20th and I have some personal observations. I know what I discovered. I know what I observed. y personal feeling the first couple of days (week), was that she made it to congress close to Guilbeau and Congress. But with all the media Focused on St. Landry, then I just figured on was wrong.

86 members and 86 guests - we're 50.50 once again. Guests, help us tip the balance by joining WS....and, most importantly, help us sleuth this case!

I have been on this event sent Sunday May 20th and I have some personal observations. I know what I discovered. I know what I observed. y personal feeling the first couple of days (week), was that she made it to congress close to Guilbeau and Congress. But with all the media Focused on St. Landry, then I just figured on was wrong.

Which route do you think she took after the Circle K? Which streets did she take to get to Guilbeau and Congress?

Are you willing to share your discoveries/observations? Did you call those in to the tip line?

Tire marks: Near the bike, police also say they found tire marks from a vehicle that was driving off the road's side leading police to believe the vehicle placed the bike there

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.

'We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found, Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department told ABC.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hunick-damaged-suggesting-victim-hit-run.html

Have someone go out to the site with a four door truck, a step ladder, and a camera. Place step ladder at location of camera. Probably won't be able to get high enough, but maybe close enough. Then have truck drive by the spot. Should be relatively easy to recreate the photo if we are correct.

I think the media and everyone here is focused on St. Landry because thats where she was last seen by camera. I agree with you that early on it was believed she made it a lot further down. That's why i've stated I won't be surprised if it happened closer to her home.

Have someone go out to the site with a four door truck, a step ladder, and a camera. Place step ladder at location of camera. Probably won't be able to get high enough, but maybe close enough. Then have truck drive by the spot. Should be relatively easy to recreate the photo if we are correct.

LOL! LUS is going to have a ball with people showing up in their parking lot with ladders and cameras, all to rule something out that has already been ruled out!

Hi, Miabella. I'm glad you've joined us. I'm sure we'd all be interested in hearing your personal observations.

And that is why we have to keep putting her flyers up. If someone did hear and ignored, let's not allow them to ignore her. We need her face at every grocery store and gas station they go to. So every time they see her they will go back to that moment and finally spill what they know.

I'm sure it's even more intense near Lafayette, but Shunick's missing flyers have lined every major street in New Orleans for over a week. They're in all the shops and restaurants I've visited, and some local places even have stacks of flyers for customers to take for themselves. I grabbed one last night, and it seems to be an early version of the information- stating that Shunick was riding a Schwinn Madison and making no mention of the bike's recovery.

JMO but I think it is so highly unlikely that LE would officially release a photo of a victim under the wheels of a truck. If a crime/accident-and-run happened, they would release another frame (or camouflage the disturbing portion, if no other identifiable frame was available/usable).

Media on a scene? Yeah, some of them would do such (have seen such way too often). Have seen stuff published (online and offline) that was later retracted due to public complaint/protest or family request/protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx