LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a rumor

If it's not in the media and LE has not released the info, it's not allowed here.

Frankly, I would like to hear what she has to say. So, I guess we are not in agreement.

I would to, but then it all gets deleted and nobody knows what we're all talking about.
If it gives us a different angle to sleuth, I'm all for it. Just show the proof.

Chicken-
That was someone's reply to my question about the use of the word "off-road tire tracks". I was questioning whether it referred to an off-road vehicle. I was wondering if a boat trailer would be considered "off-road", or if that is even an area where a boat could be launched, but someone said a Z71 could be considered "off-road" tires.

ETA: it seems like that quote function is wonky, because I was quoting Chicken Fried, not lindsay.

Yeah, I wondered what was up with that. My camera doesn't need to be charged!

Sooooo... how much longer do you think it will take to get results back from the bike?

Yep, not quite certain what to make of it. At this point, just trying to keep my fingers off the keyboard.

Yea - me, too! :) I am limiting myself to the "thanks" button! :blushing:

no, first of all there would be one on the other side as well, but that being said...

no... it is a "source" of light and clearly casts a beam...

here is another way to say it...

if we were to re-create this image in real life or 3d modeling... what would we need to do...

recreating this as a light source...

first we need a truck... then we need to put in similar back-lighting, above-lighting etc... now we need to set a light source under the truck a couple inches off the ground,beam facing in the correct direction...

are you with me..?

that's all... were done, and we have recreated this using a light source... now...

lets recreate this using a reflection... this could get quite long...

first we need a truck... then we need to put in similar back-lighting, above-lighting etc... same as before to this point...
now we need another light source... one that is on this side... low enough to cast light toward the truck to still be seen under the truck from the cameras POV... here it gets a little tricky... now we need to get a section under the truck, in a shadow, a few inches off the ground... to make our reflection...
we can use concrete... lets put a section of concrete under it... well that didn't work, we'll need something shinier... to get a reflection off concrete to reflect enough light to cast a focused beam at the ground while maintaining surrounding shadowing would require a very focused beam being shined at this concrete... and then still we run into other problems... lets use chrome or a mirror... from this point i need go no further because anything else we try, is still going to require PUTTING "something" under the truck... and that is not possible in trying to prove there is "nothing" under the truck...

hope that made sense... made sense to me :)

All I know is what our terms of service are here at WS. No rumors are permitted.

It does seem that the "rumors" rule is relaxed a little in certain circumstances. If you have "rumorish" material to contribute, though, it is always a good idea to contact a mod first and ask if it will be allowed.

OK...maybe. If so, maybe that info is not supposed to be public knowledge, KWIM?

Makes sense. I know for sure that not "all" searchers were aware of that. I fr one, was not. Maybe if LE does know, that's all that matters.

Sooooo... how much longer do you think it will take to get results back from the bike?

Nice change of topic!!! :what: LOL And in answer to your question - IDK!!! But I would think they would have some results by now.

I have confidence that LE knows so much more than me/us. ;)

That does not mean that they *MAY* not need a helpful tidbit of info.

It can be a struggle between wanting to know everything, finding/hoping to find something that helps, and being patient. ;) All with the goal of finding Mickey and justice.

As far as the "off-road" tire tracks...if the Daily Mail is the only place saying that...it can pretty much be disregarded, IMO.

I agree with you about the Daily Mail. I didn't realize that was the source.

Rumors HAVE been permitted at WS...if they are clearly stated as RUMORS. Not sure if the poster has to be verified as a local by a mod first....maybe a mod can weigh in on this. But sometimes, certain threads have extra sensitivity to rumors due to the number of them swirling, etc...so it can be a case-by-case basis, I believe. JMO

Well of course they are. Louisiana was under French and Spanish rule (not sure which came first). The first Acadian settlers were from Canada![/

French first, then Spainish (why the parishes near mouth of Mississippi) are called "Florida parishes" (most of them are the St. Such & Such) then after the Civil War (when La was again a part of the US...btw this makes for very interesting reading) it was US. I have a degree in History w/an emphasis in Civil War studies (specifically Louisiana) the history is very rich & odd

Could you recommend a good Louisiana History book. I didn't want to hear it in the 8th grade, but am very interested now in my 6th decade! I got turned on to the history of LA when I read the history of Charity Hospital in New Orleans.

I am open-minded...Mickey's "regular or presumed" route does not preclude that she diverted to a different route, based on so many variables...JMO. That makes it hard to sleuth, plus we don't have all the info that LE does.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Helping the MODS for anyone who wants to be verified as a local here is the link how to do it.
Hope it helps.

I can understand rumors, but these are my personal accounts. I am only posting things that I witnessed. or interviews that I did and I witnessed that information being turn over to LE. I can also tell you that I personally looked on St. Landry from St. Mary towards Blackhum and saw nothing that indicated an accident. Also what was deleted is that Brettly personally told me, more than once when I asked, that he was more than certain that the path Mickey would have taken was Parkside to st. Mary, left on St Mary right on St. Landry. if you like I can publish an article with my name on it, then you can refer to it.

That is the original route given by Mickey's friends and family as well. Why do you think she took a different route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne