LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really curious about the state of the bikes headlights and reflectors when it was found. Imo, if it was run over, the lights and reflectors would have shattered upon the impact or the hitting the street. Which is another reason that I doubt the perp would be able to really clean up the scene fully after an accident. Those glass and plastic shards go flying everywhere and are very small. I worked in a school, and we had bike accidents quite often, usually just a kid falling off a bike, or two bikes crashing into each other, and we had to clean up the aftermath carefully.

So it would be interesting to find out if the lights were still intact, and if not, to see if the broken shards were found at the bottom of the dump site, or not.

I know the picture has been ruled out, and I'm sure he may just be rushing into the store but, I still find it odd the guy in the upper right is running.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/804..._61662826968_9696871_1682134408_n-630x442.jpg

Not to mention the way the guy by the balck car seen in all pics from this camera is standing. Maybe someone did see something but out of fear of DUI, unpaid fines, drug possession, etc were afraid to say anything. Did they try fibding talking to the background people that we know of?

I am really curious about the state of the bikes headlights and reflectors when it was found. Imo, if it was run over, the lights and reflectors would have shattered upon the impact or the hitting the street. Which is another reason that I doubt the perp would be able to really clean up the scene fully after an accident. Those glass and plastic shards go flying everywhere and are very small. I worked in a school, and we had bike accidents quite often, usually just a kid falling off a bike, or two bikes crashing into each other, and we had to clean up the aftermath carefully.

So it would be interesting to find out if the lights were still intact, and if not, to see if the broken shards were found at the bottom of the dump site, or not.

I am inclined to believe they were still intact, or LE would not be leaning towards it being placed there as opposed to being thrown. But they only give what details they choose; they probably don't expect the general public to be this sleuth-y :)

Still waiting for my camera to charge.

Can you tell us who said that?

The reporter on the scene said this:

Chicken-
That was someone's reply to my question about the use of the word "off-road tire tracks". I was questioning whether it referred to an off-road vehicle. I was wondering if a boat trailer would be considered "off-road", or if that is even an area where a boat could be launched, but someone said a Z71 could be considered "off-road" tires.

ETA: it seems like that quote function is wonky, because I was quoting Chicken Fried, not lindsay.

Tire marks: Near the bike, police also say they found tire marks from a vehicle that was driving off the road's side leading police to believe the vehicle placed the bike there

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.

I'm curious about the use of the phrase "off-road". Does this mean the tire tracks were from an "off-road" vehicle, such as a 4-wheeler? Otherwise, why not just say "revealed their discovery of tire tracks near the bridge"? The use of the phrase "off-road" could describe the type of vehicle that was used. Other than 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, what kinds of vehicles could be considered "off-road"?

you can actually find a silverado that is considered "off-road". I googled "white chevy silverado off-road z71" and received TONS of hits...click images and similar pics of the VOI show up.

here's my link: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...ad z71&orq=chevy+silverado+white+offroad++z71

Im inclined to think a boat may have been used for the bike. How far out from the edge of where you could throw the bike was it found. I remember hearing it was 20-30 ft out. You would have to be pretty strong to throw a mid 20lb bike over 20ft correct? And if the water was up higher than when it was found would it put that person further back on the bank trying to heave it out into the channel?
Ive just been trying to figure out how could someone throw the bike that far out into the water.

Not to mention the way the guy by the balck car seen in all pics from this camera is standing. Maybe someone did see something but out of fear of DUI, unpaid fines, drug possession, etc were afraid to say anything. Did they try fibding talking to the background people that we know of?
If they're Latino, as one poster thought, I would be happy to take a photo around from wodalo & ask

i accept that. I just find it odd his leg is so high in the air.

Maybe he's one of those power walkers. Maybe he was intoxicated. Maybe he lifted his leg up to scratch something. But yeah, it did appear that he was running and I found it odd that the cashier said he was not. Why would the cashier have been paying enough attention to notice if he was running anyway? I mean, it could have been the way they worded the question like "Did anyone come running in the store freaked out about something going on?" And the cashier didn't have any customer do that so they said no. So he still *could* have been running but if he were why would he not say anything when he got in the store you know? Maybe he freaked out, ran in, but then suddenly changed his mind he didn't want to be involved?

Or, maybe he was just a power walker, intoxicated, or had an itch to scratch. Who knows.

Well of course they are. Louisiana was under French and Spanish rule (not sure which came first). The first Acadian settlers were from Canada!

French first, then Spainish (why the parishes near mouth of Mississippi) are called "Florida parishes" (most of them are the St. Such & Such) then after the Civil War (when La was again a part of the US...btw this makes for very interesting reading) it was US. I have a degree in History w/an emphasis in Civil War studies (specifically Louisiana) the history is very rich & odd

Websleuths are in control of what is permitted on the forum, and what is not. We are just a discussion group, talking about Mickey, we are not law enforcement. Rumors are only that, rumors, and unless you have a link to that information, a mod will delete it.

As far as the "off-road" tire tracks...if the Daily Mail is the only place saying that...it can pretty much be disregarded, IMO.

Maybe he's one of those power walkers. Maybe he was intoxicated. Maybe he lifted his leg up to scratch something. But yeah, it did appear that he was running and I found it odd that the cashier said he was not. Why would the cashier have been paying enough attention to notice if he was running anyway? I mean, it could have been the way they worded the question like "Did anyone come running in the store freaked out about something going on?" And the cashier didn't have any customer do that so they said no. So he still *could* have been running but if he were why would he not say anything when he got in the store you know? Maybe he freaked out, ran in, but then suddenly changed his mind he didn't want to be involved?

Or, maybe he was just a power walker, intoxicated, or had an itch to scratch. Who knows.

If the cashier stated the man wasn't running, it might have been because the cashier recognized the customer and would be certain to notice if he was entering the store in a manner outside of his normal behavior. Or, he could have simply watched the Circle K's own video after the fact and saw that the man wasn't running.

watch the youtube video w/ them driving MS path--it's on the very first page of every forum. You can clearly tell there is a bump in the road when they drive over that area in the video. JMO of course :)

I realize there is a problem with the road, but it just looked odd on the photos. On one photo it looked like the road was fine but on the other two you can tell something is there. It must be due to the lighting at night and the camera speed or whatever the camera buffs call it.
Thanks, I will watch the video.

Im inclined to think a boat may have been used for the bike. How far out from the edge of where you could throw the bike was it found. I remember hearing it was 20-30 ft out. You would have to be pretty strong to throw a mid 20lb bike over 20ft correct? And if the water was up higher than when it was found would it put that person further back on the bank trying to heave it out into the channel?
Ive just been trying to figure out how could someone throw the bike that far out into the water.
I'm under the impression it was found on the shoreline that had a 15-20 foot dropoff. This post from Chicken Fried this morning quotes the reporter information that was shared yesterday.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7999298&postcount=651"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #18[/ame]

Chicken-
That was someone's reply to my question about the use of the word "off-road tire tracks". I was questioning whether it referred to an off-road vehicle. I was wondering if a boat trailer would be considered "off-road", or if that is even an area where a boat could be launched, but someone said a Z71 could be considered "off-road" tires.

ETA: it seems like that quote function is wonky, because I was quoting Chicken Fried, not lindsay.
You must have deleted the last
, or just the last ]. It will break a quote when replying.

By the way, it's not LUS. That's Lafayette Utilities System. It's LCG = Lafayette Consolidated Government....

Yup it's City Hall. We did a tour there with our scouting group. Speaking of Dee Stanley, his office is there.

I think her claim in that all "in the know" are aware of these facts: police, family, searchers, and presumably some friends.
OK...maybe. If so, maybe that info is not supposed to be public knowledge, KWIM?

I was just responding to their questions about this site, in the best way that I could. :)

I think the media and everyone here is focused on St. Landry because thats where she was last seen by camera. I agree with you that early on it was believed she made it a lot further down. That's why i've stated I won't be surprised if it happened closer to her home.
As a newbie who hasn't read all 800+ posts, I can say confusion is gaining a foothold in my brain.
A- its a distinct possibility she made it to Congress/University & > to Guilbeau?
Or
B -LE feels she didn't make it out of the saints street area?

If A is possible, then have the cameras along that route been checked. Does that mean ALL visual scans leaving every street possible to get home at that time were scanned. No se?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne