LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been looking out for her. Didn't he mention that the guard often talked to mickey?

To what degree, i wonder?

Hi, how ar you? Or longer conversations about routes? Why so chatty when you're getting from point A to pont B?

Did she ride from Brettly's to her house daily, during this guard's shift?

To what degree, i wonder?

Hi, how ar you? Or longer conversations about routes? Why so chatty when you're getting from point A to pont B?

Did she ride from Brettly's to her house daily, during this guard's shift?

She rode from her house to BW's, to school, to Artmosphere, lots of places. It's possible she passed this guard every day.

Oh and there is the chance she saw her pot dealer at Artmosphere earlier in the night and told her to stop by later because he doesn't carry pot around with him. That would mean no calls/texts being sent. Same kind of thing could have applied with a love interest.

Just jumping in to clear up something. Charlie never said these phones never die. She said the battery lasted a really long time.

We do not know when Mickey last charged her phone.

We DO know that LE has been consistent in saying her phone was "turned off". They haven't said the phone died.

I think that is significant.

I understand that. I heard Charlie say something to the effect that they virtually never die.

I'll try to be more explicit.

I agree. Definitely possible. If graduation is at 11:30, she had 9.5 hours from the point that she disappeared. Still time to do something.

Not much time! We don't know how much sleep she needed to function. You have to factor in that she needed time to shower either before going to sleep or when she woke up in the morning...getting ready for the graduation, they probably had family coming over to the house beforehand, possibly having a bite to eat. Yes it's possible she could have said "Oh, I'll go do such-and-such, 4 hours of sleep will be enough" but we don't know.

I have brought a few interesting details to the table and then someone mentioned the whole "verified poster" thing. I checked it out and really don't think it applies to me. I don't consider myself really "in the know" as I didn't have close ties to Mickey or any of her family/friends. Yes I am a local, know the area, am involved in search efforts, and have met her family/friends because of that, but being that I didn't know them before, I don't consider myself an expert or anything.

Another thing I want to clarify. I do not know RM, never claimed to know him. All I said was that, I gave a fellow searcher a ride to a search site, and learned that her bff was RM's gf. I only know what she told me, and according to the powers that be, all that is considered rumor. A.C.I. is the one who said his Z71 was extended, not crew cab. Being that he is a P.I., I can only assume he researched that on his own, I don't think he ever claimed to know R.M. The photo that was seen on FB was a crew cab, with the chrome gas cap cover...but no one knows if that was RM's truck, or a friend's.

The z71 RM and family own is a 2 door. Any other truck would belong to some sort of friend or acquaintance. I just know what the records show, and thats that there are no other trucks registered to him or his parents.

And even if she did have to stop, at a light or something, and even if the guard was not stationary....since she was safety conscious enough to carry mace, would she be giving a random security guard detailed information about her bike route? In what kind of casual conversation at a 1 minute stop light would that come up? I find it stranger and stranger the more I think about it.

If he did befriend her somehow, the I find that strange as well......

I prob missed this post, if so, sorry to ask:
where & for what business does the guard work. I'm sure LE has interviewed him?

Does anyone else but me find it odd that a supposedly-stationary security guard would know MS's route to that degree?

Yes, because this would assume two things, first is that he had spoken to Mickey while traveling that route, and second that he was able to see around corners and he's far from Superman.

Not much time! We don't know how much sleep she needed to function. You have to factor in that she needed time to shower either before going to sleep or when she woke up in the morning...getting ready for the graduation, they probably had family coming over to the house beforehand, possibly having a bite to eat. Yes it's possible she could have said "Oh, I'll go do such-and-such, 4 hours of sleep will be enough" but we don't know.

I agree. From what I heard she was a "good girl". Your brother only graduates from high school once. If she cared about him, I don't think she would be reckless the night before the ceremony.

I admit, however, that I want her to be a "good girl".

So true..and I am from Chicago.....I guess I am used to the lack of hospitality and jadedness of people. I do find myself pleasantly surprised when people smile and say hello when I am out walking or riding my bike.

I'm a true northerner. I see random interjections from strangers as an invasion of my personal space. I'm perfectly content to move through the world without total stranger small talk.

Differences make the world go 'round.

So AS called BW on mickey's phone because BW's battery died - is that correct??

It has never been said who called BW or who specifically sent the text. Possible that AS did call BW and then called MS, or it could be BW considered that call to "him" and she rec'd another call...and text. It also could be AS sent the text as well. We just really don't know, except the fact that AS did make a call to MS. Little strange that info has never been cleared up...maybe he local searchers could find that out for us if they talk BW or the family.

I agree. From what I heard she was a "good girl". Your brother only graduates from high school once. If she cared about him, I don't think she would be reckless the night before the ceremony.

She was 21!

Has her brother been on tv at all? Don't remember seeing him.

Yes, because this would assume two things, first is that he had spoken to Mickey while traveling that route, and second that he was able to see around corners and he's far from Superman.

i think chicken fried said that the Lourdes security guard was a female. i could be wrong, but i remember reading chicken fried's post thinking that i, as a woman, would NEVER guard an spooky hospital all alone. it makes sense that she would befriend the a lady guard, ya know. like a momma figure. it would actually be a smart thing to do safety wise for instances such as this, a disappearance. they need to talk to that security guard!

has chicken fried posted his or her new theories that he or she was coming up with and working on last ngiht?

Even good girls smoke weed in college now and again.

I don't know that weed smoking is perceived as bad among her peers. Seems as typical as beer consumption.

But I live in the northeast. We're all pretty awful. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow