LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sleuthers..I've been lurking here since Mickey's disappearance and I am totally addicted to this site! This case really hits home for me because my daughter (21) has lived in Lafayette for the past 4 years while attending UL-L. She just moved from there three weeks ago to complete an internship in Los Angeles. I was so terrified for her to be moving to that ginormous city and low and behold only a week later, Mickey goes missing right in small city Lafayette.

I have learned a great deal about this case from you all. Yes, sometimes the information makes my head spin (DWTIQ) and other times the information makes me look at things from a different perspective. I really appreciate all the personalities and expertise from the members of this site!

I live an hour west of Lafayette and I'm sad to say that this case seems to be losing interest among locals. I do see a flashing billboard with her info and picture, but nothing more. I talk about it quite a bit among family, friends and co-workers, but they don't seem as interested in the case as I do.

I don't have much to add to the different theories that have already been played out on this site. However, these are my personal thoughts:

I don't believe she was personally stalked or targeted in advance, I think this was a crime of opportunity.

I believe it is someone local or at least very familiar with the Lafayette area.

I believe the picture someone posted of VS with that white truck behind him gives me weird feelings.

I believe this case will go cold, with no new evidence surfacing after 2 weeks, just doesn't give me good feelings.

I believe in miracles, God please bring Mickey home!!!

i think chicken fried said that the Lourdes security guard was a female. i could be wrong, but i remember reading chicken fried's post thinking that i, as a woman, would NEVER guard an spooky hospital all alone. it makes sense that she would befriend the a lady guard, ya know. like a momma figure. it would actually be a smart thing to do safety wise for instances such as this, a disappearance. they need to talk to that security guard!

has chicken fried posted his or her new theories that he or she was coming up with and working on last ngiht?

Not yet

Are we sure he's not LE? (<- just. kidding.)

I haven't seen him on national media.

I'm on my phone but there's an article on the advertiser's website today that's a long interview with Charlie Shunick. She talks about her brother staying out of the spotlight.

I'm a true northerner. I see random interjections from strangers as an invasion of my personal space. I'm perfectly content to move through the world without total stranger small talk.

Differences make the world go 'round.

then you wouldn't like it in south louisiana. i'm friendly, but i sometimes get frustrated when the bank teller chats it up or the checkout lady at stores etc. i think it's because i'm running around with 4 kids, so small talk is just exhausting sometimes because i'm small talking with 4 young kids allllll day long. ahhhhh! but yeah, it seems totally normal to me that she befriended the security guard. especially after listening to her sister describe her character.

To Jury's Out
I live near an area with some unsolved murders of young women & many of locals in one section of community has always maintained LE 'involvement'

:seeya: Good morning, sleuthers. Get ready to move to a new thread. I'll be right back with the link. Thanks.

Ok so is it TRUE?
The 2 white trucks are one and the same
Going opposite directions!

are her parents still married? what does that dad do? does the mother work? how old is charlene/charlie and what does she do? i'm not suspicious of them. i'm just curious

then you wouldn't like it in south louisiana. i'm friendly, but i sometimes get frustrated when the bank teller chats it up or the checkout lady at stores etc. i think it's because i'm running around with 4 kids, so small talk is just exhausting sometimes because i'm small talking with 4 young kids allllll day long. ahhhhh! but yeah, it seems totally normal to me that she befriended the security guard. especially after listening to her sister describe her character.

That's what I thought - the town has been described as friendly, everyone knows everyone's business, etc... if that is the case, then why would she not know the security guard and/or the security guard not know the route she would normally take/took? I'm sure she drove from her buddy's house on her bike more than once, kwim?

Hi Sleuthers..I've been lurking here since Mickey's disappearance and I am totally addicted to this site! This case really hits home for me because my daughter (21) has lived in Lafayette for the past 4 years while attending UL-L. She just moved from there three weeks ago to complete an internship in Los Angeles. I was so terrified for her to be moving to that ginormous city and low and behold only a week later, Mickey goes missing right in small city Lafayette.

I have learned a great deal about this case from you all. Yes, sometimes the information makes my head spin (DWTIQ) and other times the information makes me look at things from a different perspective. I really appreciate all the personalities and expertise from the members of this site!

I live an hour west of Lafayette and I'm sad to say that this case seems to be losing interest among locals. I do see a flashing billboard with her info and picture, but nothing more. I talk about it quite a bit among family, friends and co-workers, but they don't seem as interested in the case as I do.

I don't have much to add to the different theories that have already been played out on this site. However, these are my personal thoughts:

I don't believe she was personally stalked or targeted in advance, I think this was a crime of opportunity.

I believe it is someone local or at least very familiar with the Lafayette area.

I believe the picture someone posted of VS with that white truck behind him gives me weird feelings.

I believe this case will go cold, with no new evidence surfacing after 2 weeks, just doesn't give me good feelings.

I believe in miracles, God please bring Mickey home!!!

Hi and welcome, glad that you joined us. Normally people in general don't pay much attention to these cases unless they are directly involved or it happens to them, then and only then do they begin to realize the enormity of this problem in the US of A. Our children are being snatched off our streets on a daily basis, used and thrown away like garbage. It's an epidemic that needs to be curbed somehow, but the how eludes me.

Yes, this case just like the other three that I have been here working on, will begin to grow cold without the media. The family needs to be proactive and push the media to do interviews and stay on top of LE. Sadly sometimes they do, and sometimes they give up and sit back and wait for LE to come up with something. By about a year, the family will then decide that either their loved one is deceased, like Lauren Spierer's parents have just recently said, or they just grieve alone.

These are those other cases that are now at a standstill here at WS -

Lauren Spierer
Kelli Bordeaux
Sierra LaMar
Holly Bobo
Baby Lisa Irwin
Isabel Celis

I haven't seen him on national media.

Whew...finally caught up on the 14(ish) pages which built since ~11:30 PM :rocker:

I did see a photo or a video snippet where the entire family is shown, in the last day or so. It's all starting to blur, so I'm fuzzy on the specifics of when/where, but I do remember seeing mom & dad, CS and the brother in one scene.

as to the lauren spierer case -- i had never heard of her until mickey went missing. what's her story? all i know is that she was a pretty, petite, blond college student that vanished in the wee hours of the morning - like mickey. she was walking though. i could see where these cases could be similar. it's a year today that she vanished and 2 weeks yesterday that mickey vanished. i'm not going to play with dates or numbers to see if there is some sort of hidden code, but you never know. maybe it's a serial killer that has a thing for tiny blonds??

My statement still stands, how did she know Mickey's route. If it is a she/he or it.

Maybe the guard is a bike rider too, and as I previously pointed out, have known each other outside the person's profession.

Yeeaaahhhh...I'm in the midst of a long interview process for a position in Mobile, Alabama.

My son LMFAOd when I told him. He said 'YOU & Mobile Alabama? I don't see that happenin, ma' followed by semi-subtle condescention & prolonged chortling. He's 33, knows everything, thinks he's my father.

Hi and welcome, glad that you joined us. Normally people in general don't pay much attention to these cases unless they are directly involved or it happens to them, then and only then do they begin to realize the enormity of this problem in the US of A. Our children are being snatched off our streets on a daily basis, used and thrown away like garbage. It's an epidemic that needs to be curbed somehow, but the how eludes me.

Yes, this case just like the other three that I have been here working on, will begin to grow cold without the media. The family needs to be proactive and push the media to do interviews and stay on top of LE. Sadly sometimes they do, and sometimes they give up and sit back and wait for LE to come up with something. By about a year, the family will then decide that either their loved one is deceased, like Lauren Spierer's parents have just recently said, or they just grieve alone.

These are those other cases that are now at a standstill here at WS -

Lauren Spierer
Kelli Bordeaux
Sierra LaMar
Holly Bobo
Baby Lisa Irwin
Isabel Celis

Very sad isnt it?

as to the lauren spierer case -- i had never heard of her until mickey went missing. what's her story? all i know is that she was a pretty, petite, blond college student that vanished in the wee hours of the morning - like mickey. she was walking though. i could see where these cases could be similar. it's a year today that she vanished and 2 weeks yesterday that mickey vanished. i'm not going to play with dates or numbers to see if there is some sort of hidden code, but you never know. maybe it's a serial killer that has a thing for tiny blonds??

I'll answer this on the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member