LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as to the lauren spierer case -- i had never heard of her until mickey went missing. what's her story? all i know is that she was a pretty, petite, blond college student that vanished in the wee hours of the morning - like mickey. she was walking though. i could see where these cases could be similar. it's a year today that she vanished and 2 weeks yesterday that mickey vanished. i'm not going to play with dates or numbers to see if there is some sort of hidden code, but you never know. maybe it's a serial killer that has a thing for tiny blonds??

Laurens case you have to read about its very involved!
guy cant remember anything at all they all got lawyers!
Bla Bla Bla!
A bunch of BS its very sad!

Hi and welcome, glad that you joined us. Normally people in general don't pay much attention to these cases unless they are directly involved or it happens to them, then and only then do they begin to realize the enormity of this problem in the US of A. Our children are being snatched off our streets on a daily basis, used and thrown away like garbage. It's an epidemic that needs to be curbed somehow, but the how eludes me.

Yes, this case just like the other three that I have been here working on, will begin to grow cold without the media. The family needs to be proactive and push the media to do interviews and stay on top of LE. Sadly sometimes they do, and sometimes they give up and sit back and wait for LE to come up with something. By about a year, the family will then decide that either their loved one is deceased, like Lauren Spierer's parents have just recently said, or they just grieve alone.

These are those other cases that are now at a standstill here at WS -

Lauren Spierer
Kelli Bordeaux
Sierra LaMar
Holly Bobo
Baby Lisa Irwin
Isabel Celis

makes me wonder about human trafficking. does law enforcement ever tackle that angle? it's almost as if that movie "Taken" is realistic in that the police don't even "go there" as if it's too much for them to take on. but seriously, if these girls are all being taken to other countries, they need to figure out a way to bring them down. i shudder to think of them being alive and sold. :tears:

are her parents still married? what does that dad do? does the mother work? how old is charlene/charlie and what does she do? i'm not suspicious of them. i'm just curious

Dads on an oil rig!
A head honcho for Texaco!

Chicken Fried talked to a guard yesterday. My impression the guard was male. More than one, perhaps?

I went back and looked at last night's posts. I could not find the one where he indicated he spoke to the guard. So, I am not sure of sex.

He did make some jest about there was no way that this security guard was involved. That could mean the guard was female.

Also, if the guard was female, that might explain better why the guard and Mickey were on such friendly terms.

Laurens case you have to read about its very involved!
guy cant remember anything at all they all got lawyers!
Bla Bla Bla!
A bunch of BS its very sad!

a read a little about it this morning. the parents were interviewed since it's been a year that she disappeared and they were shaming her friends for not telling what they know. so they suspect foul play among boyfriends of her's? how terrible. my father would snatch up those boys and torture them until they squealed whatever it is they knew. not that it's right, but it would be hard as a father not to take the law into your own hands.

Dads on an oil rig!
A head honcho for Texaco!

He's not on oil rig right now. He was on Judge Jeanine last night with Charlie. I've seen several interviews with Tom Shunick. He and Charlie are the family spokespeople.

I went back and looked at last night's posts. I could not find the one where he indicated he spoke to the guard. So, I am not sure of sex.

He did make some jest about there was no way that this security guard was involved. That could mean the guard was female.

Also, if the guard was female, that might explain better why the guard and Mickey were on such friendly terms.

He said "she" several times and later came back and quoted his own post when confusion arose. The security guard chicken fried talked to is female.

makes me wonder about human trafficking. does law enforcement ever tackle that angle? it's almost as if that movie "Taken" is realistic in that the police don't even "go there" as if it's too much for them to take on. but seriously, if these girls are all being taken to other countries, they need to figure out a way to bring them down. i shudder to think of them being alive and sold. :tears:

Traffickers usually take runaways!
They take girls that no one will look for!
they avoid LE that way no one misses some of these young girls!

I think with Holly it was BF or Bro.
Lauren it was the guy that cant remeber
Kelli i think its Hubby or the Justin guy

Usually when its a loved on they hide the better than a stranger does
a stranger doent care and are usually found at some point in time.

All JMO

I think i need to clean my keyboard! Im missing some letters in my posts!

Yeeaaahhhh...I'm in the midst of a long interview process for a position in Mobile, Alabama.

My son LMFAOd when I told him. He said 'YOU & Mobile Alabama? I don't see that happenin, ma' followed by semi-subtle condescention & prolonged chortling. He's 33, knows everything, thinks he's my father.

wow! yes, they are verrrrry friendly there. you will be super annoyed. lol! AND they've got that super thick drawl to make it even worse. not that i have anything against friendly southerners. i was born and raised one, but i can totally see where people not from here would be like WTH is everyone so darn friendly/nosy for?

a read a little about it this morning. the parents were interviewed since it's been a year that she disappeared and they were shaming her friends for not telling what they know. so they suspect foul play among boyfriends of her's? how terrible. my father would snatch up those boys and torture them until they squealed whatever it is they knew. not that it's right, but it would be hard as a father not to take the law into your own hands.

Stats on Lauren Spierer

How she disappeared
lauren2.jpg

Retracing Her Steps
walklauren.jpg

He's not on oil rig right now. He was on Judge Jeanine last night with Charlie. I've seen several interviews with Tom Shunick. He and Charlie are the family spokespeople.

OK he was on an Oil Rig!

To Jury's Out
I live near an area with some unsolved murders of young women & many of locals in one section of community has always maintained LE 'involvement'

It's been known to happen. Terrible betrayal.

Speaking for myself and I know it is atypical - my weapon is always ready. If I am walking in a parking lot, my hand is on it. I have been in enough bad situations and areas with my job, that I am always ready.

Another thing I do is keys between your fingers. Carry your keys-i'm right handed. One key protruding between each digit (fisted). If you have to strike, you get them with the points of your keys. Strike hard and fast--to the eyes and throat. That few seconds can give you time to run away.

I agree with the parents those kids should be ASHAMED of THEMSELVES!
IM a big believer in what goes around comes around!

Trying to get the train back on track....... soooooo when do you think we'll be hearing some forensic results from the bicycle? Do you think they'll release any info to the public when they get them?

Hi Sleuthers..I've been lurking here since Mickey's disappearance and I am totally addicted to this site! This case really hits home for me because my daughter (21) has lived in Lafayette for the past 4 years while attending UL-L. She just moved from there three weeks ago to complete an internship in Los Angeles. I was so terrified for her to be moving to that ginormous city and low and behold only a week later, Mickey goes missing right in small city Lafayette.

I have learned a great deal about this case from you all. Yes, sometimes the information makes my head spin (DWTIQ) and other times the information makes me look at things from a different perspective. I really appreciate all the personalities and expertise from the members of this site!

I live an hour west of Lafayette and I'm sad to say that this case seems to be losing interest among locals. I do see a flashing billboard with her info and picture, but nothing more. I talk about it quite a bit among family, friends and co-workers, but they don't seem as interested in the case as I do.

I don't have much to add to the different theories that have already been played out on this site. However, these are my personal thoughts:

I don't believe she was personally stalked or targeted in advance, I think this was a crime of opportunity.

I believe it is someone local or at least very familiar with the Lafayette area.

I believe the picture someone posted of VS with that white truck behind him gives me weird feelings.

I believe this case will go cold, with no new evidence surfacing after 2 weeks, just doesn't give me good feelings.

I believe in miracles, God please bring Mickey home!!!

Excellent 1st post & perceptive theories, DaphMeister.
If this case does grow cold, as many do, I am confident that the Schunick family, friends, & LA community will continue their search until Mickey is located & her abductor/s are brought to justice.
The safety of our families is very important. Without public safety, we have nothing..

Traffickers usually take runaways!
They take girls that no one will look for!
they avoid LE that way no one misses some of these young girls!

I think with Holly it was BF or Bro.
Lauren it was the guy that cant remeber
Kelli i think its Hubby or the Justin guy

Usually when its a loved on they hide the better than a stranger does
a stranger doent care and are usually found at some point in time.

All JMO

are they sure that it's only runaways? i mean, how do they know this. it makes sense and i definitely keep hearing that, but maybe they've scooped up all the runaways/girls living on the streets etc. and are now just starting to snatch girls on their way home too. maybe in this sick sick world that we live in, their business is growing so much that they need runaways and nonrunaways to keep up with their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive