LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, so many hearts are hurting...many who never even knew Mickey (me included)...Tim Miller (Equusearch)...his daughter was killed many years ago...and look what he's done since to help others...and now he's chastised for not doing enough?

:sigh:

There is a ' ground level ' picture now and the distances don't add up to be where the new asphalt and old concrete begin. The whole truck, let alone the tires, are behind it.

MOO

Where is this pic? Link?

If the person in the white truck is not from LA, it is totally possible that they are unaware of the search for the vehicle. Not everyone pays attention to missing persons cases or even the news in general.

That's what I was trying to say before. They might not have a clue. Plus they might only be needed to say if they saw which way she went/ saw anything strange.

Gosh, so many hearts are hurting...many who never even knew Mickey (me included)...Tim Miller (Equusearch)...his daughter was killed...and look what he's done since to help others...and now he's chastised for not doing enough?

Cazzie I did not take it that way? I was thinking that the poster meant someone else is missing who we don't know about yet? Anyway, I can't find who it could be...

Yes but as speculation goes some were saying they thought it was the same truck. Trying to determine what I think is all...just having a hard time pin-pointing what is bothering me about it.

Well, I think most of that speculation was before LE informed us it was not so. I think we pretty much have to believe what LE says, since they are the ones with the video.

Not sure why you say it that way.

She is another missing person.

Equusearch was in Lafayette for many days...and surely did much excellent work...they are professionals.

Please tell me what you mean.

It sounds like she is saying that she thinks it is not Linda Reed that TES is going help look in MS for but a new missing girl.

Nothing critical of TES.

Yeah, they add up, it's the angle where the city hall cam was that took the Z 71 picture that makes it look like a distance difference, looking downward at the spot.

Took that into consideration, but if you say so.

and i think it's very easy for someone working offshore to not be in the know as much as we are...all rigs and platforms aren't the same. it's quite easy for someone working 16hr days to not be aware of what's going on on land.

It sounds like she is saying that she thinks it is not Linda Reed that TES is going help look in MS for but a new missing girl.

Nothing critical of TES.

that's exactly how i read it too.

Well, now after seeing that FB picture of a Z 71, I'm wondering, did anyone notice the little black ariel (probably spelling that wrong) on the picture of both white trucks, the one in the FB picture and also on the one that LE is looking for? Is that standard on Z 71's? If so ok. If not, then my guess is whoever owns that one or maybe both, may have already been interviewed and we just aren't aware of it yet?

I'm way behind on the thread and this may of already been answered. If you are referring to the small arial on top of the cab it's for On Star and XMSirius Radio reception. I'm sure it is standard on that level of truck and most GM models also. I know the LT and LTZ have it regardless if it's a Z71. Z71 just means the truck has an off road level of suspension and skid plates and accessories on the 4wd models.

Yes but as speculation goes some were saying they thought it was the same truck. Trying to determine what I think is all...just having a hard time pin-pointing what is bothering me about it.

The speculation/confusion comes from the fact that AMW and other media have published a picture of the truck headed in the other direction as the White Z71 VOI. Since both CS and BW posted on facebook that AMW was going to share Mickey's story again, I checked to see if they (or anyone) commented that the wrong truck was featured after it aired, and neither did. On the contrary, BW shared the youtube video of the AMW feature. I think that the truck with the bed cover is completely different and ruled out, but I can't officially rule out the truck featured on AMW ... yet.

I'm way behind on the thread and this may of already been answered. If you are referring to the small arial on top of the cab it's for On Star and XMSirius Radio reception. I'm sure it is standard on that level of truck and most GM models also. I know the LT and LTZ have it regardless if it's a Z71. Z71 just means the truck has an off road level of suspension and skid plates and accessories on the 4wd models.

Cool, that's what I needed to know. Thank you!

Not sure why you say it that way.

She is another missing person.

Equusearch was in Lafayette for many days...and surely did much excellent work...they are professionals.

Please tell me what you mean.

Gosh, so many hearts are hurting...many who never even knew Mickey (me included)...Tim Miller (Equusearch)...his daughter was killed many years ago...and look what he's done since to help others...and now he's chastised for not doing enough?

Oh, Equusearch was undoubtedly awesome--I have nothing but great things to say about working with them. I was just answering someone's question up thread, about where they were going next. The last active case on their site is Mickey, and some people thought they were going to look for Linda who is 65, so I was just providing the article that says they are going to a different city, so it's probably a "different girl," and not Linda. I am not saying anything negative about Equusearch at all.

From what I have gathered from earlier posts, TES needed to be requested by either the family or LE. That leads me to believe they can be released by either the family or LE. For whatever reason, they have moved on to help other people. This can be interpreted in many ways but ultimately their job was complete in this case.

Cazzie I did not take it that way? I was thinking that the poster meant someone else is missing who we don't know about yet? Anyway, I can't find who it could be...
Noooo...I was not responding to your post.

JMO, but Lafayette should be grateful for Tim Miller and his organization for going there with all their resources to help find Mickey.

JMO.

And of course, Mickey, her family and friends, deserve that help.

I feel like crying.

I'll be blasted for this, but it seems that the same "spirit of Lafayette" that I was so recently inspired by...seems to resent outside help and support (or at least give credit to such). JMI (impression).

I love y'all even if you consider me an outsider, which I will always be, as I was not born "there".

My gosh, people, we need to come together. (somehow).

The speculation/confusion comes from the fact that AMW and other media have published a picture of the truck headed in the other direction as the White Z71 VOI. Since both CS and BW posted on facebook that AMW was going to share Mickey's story again, I checked to see if they (or anyone) commented that the wrong truck was featured after it aired, and neither did. On the contrary, BW shared the youtube video of the AMW feature. I think that the truck with the bed cover is completely different and ruled out, but I can't officially rule out the truck feature on AMW ... yet.

I checked on the Find Mickey site today, and they sort of, well they highlighted that it's the Z 71 that they are now looking for, it wasn't highlighted before.
http://findmickeynow.com/

:tyou: saint_streets!

Your photos are very educational.

LCG = is the City Hall --- I didn't know.

I am struck by the poor condition of the roads and sidewalks (no offense LA!). I would have a difficult time riding my bike on those rough surfaces in the daytime, never mind the dark of night.

Noooo...I was not responding to your post.

JMO, but Lafayette should be grateful for Tim Miller and his organization for going there with all their resources to help find Mickey.

JMO.

And of course, Mickey, her family and friends, deserve that help.

I feel like crying.

I'll be blasted for this, but it seems that the same "spirit of Lafayette" that I was so recently inspired by...seems to resent outside help and support (or at least give credit to such). JMI (impression).

I love y'all even if you consider me an outsider, which I will always be, as I was not born "there".

My gosh, people, we need to come together. (somehow).

I really think you are misunderstanding this whole thing. No one is chastising TES, no one ever said anything negative about them here at WS (at least not that I can recall), especially not me! You should go back and read the posts before, I was only answering a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192