LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chrome gas tank cover was on the truck that was ruled out.

Too many WT's.

I went somewhere last night. First red light I get to, I put up next to a WT. A white z-71 to be exact. I get to where I'm going, and see 2 more of them. They are everywhere.

ok. I've been hesitant to do this, but this picture, RM previous actions, AND the confirmation that RM was spoken to by LE, I'm inclined to share this. I think someone mentioned it a while back. Maybe you all have seen it. First off, I've always thought that the truck you see on St. Landry, each direction, is the same truck, and the one with a bedcover on University is a separate truck. This picture is of one of the passengers in RM's truck from the wreck/ hit and run he was previously in. (V.S.) He has this as "public", so that's the only reason I am sharing this. My heart sunk when I came across it. It looks like this guy's truck may be in the driveway behind him, but the truck directly behind him is the one I'm talking about. I'm sure all of these guys work together and know each other.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...626176042.8451.100001813160573&type=3&theater

This truck has chrome door handles. The truck in the surveillance does not.

I thought it was Linda Reed, who has a thread here...

TES has already been to Gallman, MS looking for Linda. LE has stated they think she is still alive...somewhere. Her boss now says monies are missing from the company, and the last we heard, the FBI & LE had people come in to the check the books.

I thought it was Linda Reed, who has a thread here...

I don't know! TES briefly spoke about it yesterday and said there was a "missing girl in Mississippi" and so when someone posted here about Linda Reed who was 65 (?) I was kinda surprised. Not many people refer to a 65 year old as a "girl" kwim? But I guess they will probably update their site wen they get there.

Great post! ITA I would much rather not receive all the info and let them solve the case than to have possession of info that would ruin their case and let the perp go free. But I understand we are all curious and it's hard to have patience when we want answers.

who knew, it is not so much about patience, but about prevention,imo.
Although Antolin Garcia Torres, was only in his early 20s, he had priors. How many? No one knows for sure. There are over 40 missing girls from that CA county that are unaccounted for. Torres is possibly responsible for unknowns. Imo, this is why he refuses to give up Sierra's location.
The arrest in Sierra Lamar's case is attributed to forensics/dna. The antiquated silence & missinformation strategy being utilized by investigators only causes innocent victim lives and mounting cold cases, imo..

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...s-Tied-to-2009-Assault-Sheriff-152745265.html

Antolin Garcia-Torres Tied to 2009 Assault: Sheriff

I think it's quite likely that because the truck was close behind her, they could just want to speak to them and see if they saw which way she went/ saw anything suspicious.
Also, if the owner isn't from the area, is there a chance they don't know they are "wanted"? I'm in the UK so don't know how far from the actual area this is common knowledge.

Very possoble the owner of the WT is from the surrounding area and not from Lafayette. Friday night partying in Lafayette is the norm for the outlying towns.

But I find it hard to believe they have no clue they are "wanted," unless they are offshore and have no access to communication. IDK. They have to know. They are Mickey flyers EVERYWHERE...and if they are involved, I'm sure they've seen the flyers, and then decided to check local media to see what was said, and there would be a pic of their truck right there. They MUST know they are wanted for questioning.

Great post! ITA I would much rather not receive all the info and let them solve the case than to have possession of info that would ruin their case and let the perp go free. But I understand we are all curious and it's hard to have patience when we want answers.

Sadly, we know how it feels like to be impatient and want answers but just imagine what her poor parents, family and friends feel? I cannot imagine nor do I ever want to be in their positions.

Oh, Mickey, I hope they find you soon!

Very possoble the owner of the WT is from the surrounding area and not from Lafayette. Friday night partying in Lafayette is the norm for the outlying towns.

Very true - we go to Lafayette all the time and often are out late when we do visit friends. We live an hour away - and not everyone where I am is aware of the truck and all...most have probably at least heard a girl is missing from Laffy.

I don't know! TES briefly spoke about it yesterday and said there was a "missing girl in Mississippi" and so when someone posted here about Linda Reed who was 65 (?) I was kinda surprised. Not many people refer to a 65 year old as a "girl" kwim? But I guess they will probably update their site wen they get there.

lindsayw, looks like they may have been there prior to Mickey's disappearance and are returning to lend support. Just a guess.
http://texasequusearch.org/2012/05/missing-linda-reed-65-yrs-gallman-ms-042912/

But I find it hard to believe they have no clue they are "wanted," unless they are offshore and have no access to communication. IDK. They have to know. They are Mickey flyers EVERYWHERE...and if they are involved, I'm sure they've seen the flyers, and then decided to check local media to see what was said, and there would be a pic of their truck right there. They MUST know they are wanted for questioning.

I sure would love to know if someone has been hiding their vehicle, acting suspiciously etc. However, friends and family of the perp probably wouldn't say anything because they cannot believe this person would do this crime. Or could be enabling in hiding this vehicle and/or perp.

Very true - we go to Lafayette all the time and often are out late when we do visit friends. We live an hour away - and not everyone where I am is aware of the truck and all...most have probably at least heard a girl is missing from Laffy.

Then perhaps flyers and a picture of that truck should be hung farther away. Perhaps more leads would come in.

The thing is, not everyone watches the news, reads a paper or follows crime forums.

THESE PICTURES ARE ***NOT*** PART OF THE INVESTIGATION OR PART OF ANY NEW DEVELOPEMENT!!!!!!

Hello everyone, i am ONLY posting the following pictures because i feel they may help clearify things for some of the posters who are not very familiar with this area where the white truck photo was taken. the more posts i read the more i felt there is a little confusion regarding stree names and direction etc. i live right there so i just went and snapped a few pictures and labeled them, hope this helps...

Attachments

• LAFAYETTE-OVERVIEW.jpg
    LAFAYETTE-OVERVIEW.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 99
  • city-hall-cam-compare-small-1.jpg
    city-hall-cam-compare-small-1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 113
  • congress-and-lafayette.jpg
    congress-and-lafayette.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 114
  • congress-st-john.jpg
    congress-st-john.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 107
  • st-john.jpg
    st-john.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 103

I know. The fact that the driver has not come forward is unnerving and suspicious. If it were me, I would immediately go to authorities to help with the case and clear my name. Even if the driver is offshore, or out in the field, they all have access to the internet/t.v. while on breaks, and according to my friends/family in Lafayette, the case is talked about everywhere in the community.

part 2

Attachments

• st-john_and_univ-1.jpg
    st-john_and_univ-1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 84
  • st-john_and_univ-2.jpg
    st-john_and_univ-2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 82
  • st-john_and_vers-3.jpg
    st-john_and_vers-3.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 81
  • st-john_and_vers.jpg