LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives with his mother - the Z71 and circumstances of the prior DUI are most likely why he was questioned in the first place.

Would be interesting to know if mom let's him borrow his old truck.

Right. These types of criminal are mostly snatch and grab types. Jump some body, steal some **** and run. Theyre not overly concerned about evidence or being caught on video, witnesses etc as evident by the fact they just do it right out in the open. Commit crimes like these enough and they know how difficult it is to be caught after the fact. They have to basically be caught in the process to be arrested. So with that being said, not being overly concerned with any evidence or who's around, just beating someone and robbing them out in the open, I don't think they are the types to then decide to cover up an accidental murder or something of someone they just robbed. They would just run.

What we're looking at is someone who took the time to try and cover this up which is a different type of criminal.

'Guess, time will tell A.C.I.'

What do you think the motive was for the money that they acquired from the muggings. Is it normal for muggers to violently assault their victims while she on the ground? It would be reasonable to conclude that she was knocked to the ground by her attackers. What would have happened to her if LE had not shown up?

'As officers began to look for the suspects they observed 4 black males punching and kicking a 36 year old female victim on the ground'..

Would be interesting to know if mom let's him borrow his old truck.

Since we know he was about to be sentenced for 7 years it makes sense he would live with mom, pass the truck on to her, etc. and get things in order. I don't know this, just makes sense to me that is what you would do. It would also make sense that he still drives it around and 'sold' it to her as a technicality. I wonder if he has a valid driver's license. FWIW though - Im having trouble believing its him...but Im glad they are checking out those types with those trucks.

This makes me glad that RM was interviewed by LE, even if he is not a POI. I hope that they are interviewing as many White Z71 owners as possible since that appears to be their only lead at this point. I also agree with you that the truck traveling in both directions on St. Landry is the same truck and that the truck on University is different (and cleared.)

Did we not determine that we only had ONE picture of the only remaining VOI? And that the police had other pics/video of it that were not released? Or do we now have more pics of it?

I am curious about something that has been bugging me. I have not seen this discussed here or in the MSM.

From May 25th update / Find Mickey Shunick website:

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, (see update from 5/30/12 above) which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets". The 5/30 update ID'ed the truck as a Z-71.

The truck was captured on both streets after Mickey passed. So there is video of a Z-71 on Versallies Blvd at some time after Mickey was captured on video.

It is possible LE asked the fishermen or whomever not to discuss any details of finding the bike.

From NG transcript:

BURRIS: Nancy, I would -- I can tell you that we feel that the bike was dumped there. We`re trying to withhold the location and how the bike was placed there until we locate a person that we can question regarding their involvement in the bike. So we are keeping it close to -- we`re not showing our cards at that time as far as the bike discovery goes.

BURRIS: There`s none that we know about at this time, Nancy. The exit is -- when you exit the interstate, it basically puts you right there in the location where the bike was found.

We don`t believe the bike was thrown from the bridge because there is no shoulder on the bridge for a vehicle to pull over. They would actually have to stop in the middle of a heavily traveled interstate to do that.

BURRIS: No. Basically, Nancy, that exit -- the only thing down there is -- there`s a launch to launch boats at a fishing area or camps. From the direction of where we last saw Mickey to that location, we`re comfortable with the fact that she probably -- they traveled from that location to the exit, exited there and dumped the bike where we found it.

BURRIS: Well, let me just say that that particular area is -- it`s a remote area. Really, the only reason why people would exit there would be to go fishing or go to their camps. It`s not a very major exit. It`s basically a hunting area. So therefore, we have not found any video in the area of that exit.

BURRIS: We are checking the route between Lafayette and that particular area, convenience stores along that route, various other exits, trying to determine if there are video cameras or video of possible vehicles that we could follow up on during our investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/28/ng.01.html

There is more at

It is possible that the vehicles captured on camera had noting at all to do with Micky's disappearance??!!

I was thinking he was p o'd that everyone knew RM was questioned. Small towns, CajunNet, and all that jazz.

OT - I love the term "CajunNet". I know exactly what you are talking about, and need to come up with a term for how information spreads here in Alaska. Exact same thing.

It is possible that the vehicles captured on camera had noting at all to do with Micky's disappearance??!!

Absolutely and I wondered that except it is weird that this Z71 still hasn't come forward. This is just the best we got I guess. :( I am not leaning towards RM or a drunk driver anyway - all depends on what else they have on the truck....if anything.

LE isn't thinking of the "sleuthers" and doesn't care whether we get information or not. What matters is that they are doing their job and I have high hopes that they have more info than we think. And I think they do.

Why would they give the public more information when the end result is finding the victim AND prosecuting whomever is responsible?

Sure, I'd love to have more info and would love to be a fly on the wall at the police station. But it's not going to happen.

They may have many tips that have come in about that truck and may have already zeroed in on who owns it, I bet they have interviews from friends about anything that may have been peculiar that night or not, they are in the process of gaining forensics and I bet they have more on camera that we have not seen and on it goes.

Sadly, there are many cold cases out there where the victim hasn't been found and the perps are roaming free as a bird. Then a case comes in every once in awhile that shocks us when an arrest is made and the public had no idea all along that LE had done way more than us "sleuthers" had thought. IE Sierra LaMar's case.

Great post! ITA I would much rather not receive all the info and let them solve the case than to have possession of info that would ruin their case and let the perp go free. But I understand we are all curious and it's hard to have patience when we want answers.

OT - I love the term "CajunNet". I know exactly what you are talking about, and need to come up with a term for how information spreads here in Alaska. Exact same thing.

"Seward's Follyweb",

'Guess, time will tell A.C.I.'

What do you think the motive was for the money that they acquired from the muggings. Is it normal for muggers to violently assault their victims while she on the ground? It would be reasonable to conclude that she was knocked to the ground by her attackers. What would have happened to her if LE had not shown up?

'As officers began to look for the suspects they observed 4 black males punching and kicking a 36 year old female victim on the ground'..

Nothing specific. Just for money in general. And sadly, around here, those violent assaults are common. They beat the **** out of people just to do it.

Absolutely and I wondered that except it is weird that this Z71 still hasn't come forward. This is just the best we got I guess. :( I am not leaning towards RM or a drunk driver anyway - all depends on what else they have on the truck....if anything.

Post above said RM had a 2-door.

Well, now after seeing that FB picture of a Z 71, I'm wondering, did anyone notice the little black ariel (probably spelling that wrong) on the picture of both white trucks, the one in the FB picture and also on the one that LE is looking for? Is that standard on Z 71's? If so ok. If not, then my guess is whoever owns that one or maybe both, may have already been interviewed and we just aren't aware of it yet?

I don't know about any of you, but I can't WAIT to hear the words, "we have located/spoken to the owner of the white truck"

I think there is a huge chance that the WT is not even involved.

I am curious about something that has been bugging me. I have not seen this discussed here or in the MSM.

From May 25th update / Find Mickey Shunick website:

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, (see update from 5/30/12 above) which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets". The 5/30 update ID'ed the truck as a Z-71.

The truck was captured on both streets after Mickey passed. So there is video of a Z-71 on Versallies Blvd at some time after Mickey was captured on video.

It's definitely been discussed. Not sure which thread, but there were pages and pages.

I think it's another case of not being clearly worded. It doesn't say for sure whether it was captured on two different streets, or one one street after Mickey travelled on two streets. They could have worded it differently (better).

I think it's quite likely that because the truck was close behind her, they could just want to speak to them and see if they saw which way she went/ saw anything suspicious.
Also, if the owner isn't from the area, is there a chance they don't know they are "wanted"? I'm in the UK so don't know how far from the actual area this is common knowledge.

ok. I've been hesitant to do this, but this picture, RM previous actions, AND the confirmation that RM was spoken to by LE, I'm inclined to share this. I think someone mentioned it a while back. Maybe you all have seen it. First off, I've always thought that the truck you see on St. Landry, each direction, is the same truck, and the one with a bedcover on University is a separate truck. This picture is of one of the passengers in RM's truck from the wreck/ hit and run he was previously in. (V.S.) He has this as "public", so that's the only reason I am sharing this. My heart sunk when I came across it. It looks like this guy's truck may be in the driveway behind him, but the truck directly behind him is the one I'm talking about. I'm sure all of these guys work together and know each other.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...626176042.8451.100001813160573&type=3&theater

And there is the infamous "CHROME GAS TANK COVER" that has been talked about in prior WS threads!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw