LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my opinion that the tailgate is either missing or it's up. If it were down, you'd be able to see the silhouette of the tailgate protruding from the right-rear of the pickup.

I believe it's up. It's the tail light that blows out the rear and gives an optical illusion of there being no tailgate. You can see, between the tail lights, a square and I think that's the tailgate in the closed position.

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae245/zerospheres/utey.jpg

Watching Justice with Judge Jeanine now and she is asking great questions regarding the case.

So does or doesn't the truck remaining in question have a chrome gas cap cover thingy? That would narrow down the white Z71 pool significantly. It is a Z71, right?

I think that's all part of the debate haha - its one of the main reasons I figured that was a different truck, no Z71 decal and they didnt mention this Z71 has a chrome package. If they'd release that information it would certainly help narrow it down, yes.

Fox now, Judge Pirro with Candace DeLong, Dr. Baden and another man, interesting

I think what truly convinced me that both pics are of the same truck is that both CS (Mickey's sister) and BW (Mickey's friend) posted on facebook that AMW was going to cover the case last night. I would think that since they are so passionate about the right information being released to the public, that one of them (or any of their friends on fb for that matter) would have commented that the wrong truck was featured. Especially, since BW posted the youtube video of the AMW coverage after it aired...
AMW gets a lot of stuff wrong. I've seen it in other cases and I think they even did it last week in this case when they characterized Mickey's possible route as going straight from Brettly's to Congress, then taking Congress all the way home. We all know Brettly gave a different, more circuitous probable route very soon after she went missing and AMW missed that. Anyway, I've found that AMW can be very sloppy in their reporting if you really pay attention to what they say/show.

AMW gets a lot of stuff wrong. I've seen it in other cases and I think they did it last week in this case when they characterized Mickey's possible route as going straight from Brettly's to Congress, then taking Congress all the way home. We all know Brettly gave a different probable route very soon after she went missing. Anyway, I've found that AMW can be very sloppy in their reporting if you really pay attention to what they say/show.

But wouldn't you think Charlene or someone in the family would immediately want that information cleared up via FindMickeyNow, etc.?

How coverage of this case has there been in the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area?

I agree with the others about BR news. It was heavy at first, but now it isn't given much airtime and when it does, the updates would easily be missed. I would like to see them show the stills of the Z-71 in question and post the number on air. You would think they would give it more attention since we aren't far away and the person who did this dropped her bike in an area off I-10 heading in our direction.

how do we know that truck is a Z71? did LE state that for sure? because the truck based on that picture looks FAR from being a z71 package?

My daughter lives in Baton Rouge and goes to LSU. She found out about it through facebook and has been trying ito get info from the local station but there is never anything on MS.

I have friends and family in Baton Rouge and Slidell --- one in late 20's and one in 60's, so they would "travel in different circles" etc.. and NEITHER had heard of this case!!!! And.. they are both intelligent and well-read!

Hmmmm... I wonder if the victim pulled out giving himself enough time to clear any vehicles that were going the speed limit. Do you know how much over the limit McGee was traveling? If he was really flying, I can see that he would still be the driver at fault.

With all due respect...that case has been settled. Wondering what the relevance is? (Although the non-local, speculative woman I am would love the answer).....

AMW still doesn't have any pic of a truck on their website that I can see. I just think it's not a very well run program. It seemed like they invented a very important detail in the Holly Bobo case last month that was frustratingly sloppy.

Somebody did a very cool map with all the vehicle directions on it. Anybody have an easy access link to it? I promise to bookmark it this time. Pretty please...

With all due respect...that case has been settled. Wondering what the relevance is? (Although the non-local, speculative woman I am would love the answer).....

Me too. I thought it was settled, but peeps were talking earlier about him going to jail for 7 years.

how do we know that truck is a Z71? did LE state that for sure? because the truck based on that picture looks FAR from being a z71 package?

Yes - several times that has been confirmed and officially we are all supposed to be looking for a white 4 door Z71 - check KATC, LPD site, findmickeynow site, etc etc. And youre right - the one pic looks nothing like a Z71 of any model/year Ive seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip