Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I think I've found something.

I went to the lapd site I just linked to download clean pics myself to play with in photoshop. When you right-click to save as on the first four pics (under May 26th), they are labeled as "Picture 1", "Picture 2", "Picture 3" and "Picture 4".

When you do the same for the two pictures posted on May 25th, they are labeled as "Truck(0151)" and "Versailles(0147)". I think those numbers are the time stamps.

Now though they are telling people by phone that it is the same truck - even if this is still what they have in print online and in the papers here. Ive never seen a Z71 that didnt have those huge decals on both sides of the truck bed...that's the one major identifier of a Z71...the big icon on both sides of the truck either over the wheel or closer to the tailgate. Not that they don't exist - I just haven't seen one like that before.

Well, if that is true, they need to do a press release recanting the previous information.

And I have never seen a Z71 without a Z71 sticker. But like you said, it is possible that they have some that don't have it.

Me too. I thought it was settled, but peeps were talking earlier about him going to jail for 7 years.

7 years? I was under the presumption that he got a probation type sentence and did not do any time, therefore would still be out and about on the roadways...

Hmmmm... I wonder if the victim pulled out giving himself enough time to clear any vehicles that were going the speed limit. Do you know how much over the limit McGee was traveling? If he was really flying, I can see that he would still be the driver at fault.

I'm not sure of the speed he was traveling, but the vehicle was destroyed. I know that the trial is coming up soon and that he is facing some jail time. (7 years I think)

ATTENTION - IMPORTANT

I got so sick of this debate about the white truck that I just called Lafayette PD. The white truck on St Landry, GOING IN BOTH DIRECTIONS IS THE SAME TRUCK. The truck on W University is the one that was eliminated.

The press release was poorly worded <modsnip>! Both pics on St Landrey are the same!

I informed them about the Facebook pic. Could be a coincidence but maybe not. At least they know, now, and can check it out.

Thank You!!!! I can clearly see the differences between the 2 trucks on different streets. Abc news also has these as the same trucks on St. Landry. The 2 photos of the truck on St. Landry is described as a newer model white pickup truck and the one on University was described as an older model Chevrolet!

Just a thought -- if the driver of the Z71 works offshore and left last Saturday he would have come back in yesterday if working a traditional 14 day shift.

/offshore worker could afford the expensive truck
/party hardy the night before leaving for offshore is par for the course, especially for some of the young ones

edited to add: the saturday after Mickey's disappearance 2 wks ago

I think that's all part of the debate haha - its one of the main reasons I figured that was a different truck, no Z71 decal and they didnt mention this Z71 has a chrome package. If they'd release that information it would certainly help narrow it down, yes.

The truck doesnt have to have a chrome package to have the gas cover. You can go to any auto store like Autozone, Pepboys, or Napa they tend to sell those in store, and because the truck is generic its easy to have them in stock...you can even go to Walmart and get ones that arent even chrome that are adhesive on one side and stick on. And as far as the Z71 emblem missing, its not impossible that it was manufactured without one, or, that whomever owns the vehicle decided to de-badge it...its actually common

Congress is a busy 4-lane road. I wouldn't take it on a bike late at night. All the way down Parkside would have made more sense to me. If somebody knew Parkside was her usual route, and they went that way, at some point their path would have crossed with Mickey's.

I posted on another thread that I wondered if she had been being watched and one vehicle followed her down St Landry through LCG to Azelia another vehicle
may have been planning to ambush her from Parkside and they blocked her in back there.

Isn't sonar a type of sound wave that bounces off of an object and returns an approximate image of the object?

Correct. It's the data returned from measurement of the echoes which produces the image.

fox news is going to have something about the truck at 8:00 pm CST: direct tv channel 360

eta: okay nevermind, it's already been mentioned--that's Judge P.

I went to the lapd site I just linked to download clean pics myself to play with in photoshop. When you right-click to save as on the first four pics (under May 26th), they are labeled as "Picture 1", "Picture 2", "Picture 3" and "Picture 4".

When you do the same for the two pictures posted on May 25th, they are labeled as "Truck(0151)" and "Versailles(0147)". I think those numbers are the time stamps.

Quoting myself is so lame.

But seriously, if this is correct then it means that if the two pics of white trucks on st Landry are indeed the same truck, then it followed her first. Came back up st Landry after.

7 years? I was under the presumption that he got a probation type sentence and did not do any time, therefore would still be out and about on the roadways...
His sentencing is scheduled for August.

Good sleuthing but I think they released those times. Mickey on Versailles at 1:47, on St. Landry at 1:48, white truck in same direction as Mickey 1:48, car on University 1:49, truck on University 1:51.

I just got back from a walkthrough of the Circle K to St. Louis St. area, t get the facts for myself, instead of reading them here second hand. I learned some very interesting and alarming things. I will be putting together a cmprehensive post, but it's going t take me some time. I want to put it together with some maps to try to end the confusion here, and upload some photos. It is a good amount of material, and will take awhile, and my right hand is not up to it at this moment.

I will post it all at once, hopefully tonight, maybe tomorrow A.M., so as to avoid confusion.

I will give y'all one thing now to discuss. I rode around with a security guard at the closed Our Lady of Lourdes hospital for half an hour, and the guard saw Mickey all the time and talked with her and knew her route. I will be calling the PI to make sure he has interviewed the guard.

The guard said that Mickey did not go all the way to Coliseum Rd. at the dead end of St. Landry. She said that Mickey turned left on St. Julien, right on Johnston, and right on Cajundome.

Maybe that information has been printed before, and maybe that's what her family has said - I honestly don't know and don't know where to find the link.

But a guard who saw Mickey says her route home included cutting over to Johnston St., using St. Julien St., because the guard used to see her turning left there after passing the hospital.

That's all for now, but I thought I'd give y'all that to start. The rest of what I found is outside the box, alarming, and, as a local, it makes sense. More on that later.

Thanks. First hand is best.

Good sleuthing but I think they released those times. Mickey on Versailles at 1:47, on St. Landry at 1:48, white truck in same direction as Mickey 1:48, car on University 1:49, truck on University 1:51.
But I'm not talking about the truck on University. It's the truck coming back up St. Landry! The one we don't have a timestamp for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member